how are ya'll doing in league ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya i get it, running over a 2 and 6 are different things

Last night my first time playing a 6
I start like always, run up alot of points and them not much

Im 3n a half racks up and get an unlucky scratch
He had scratched 4 or 5 times but mine gave him the start he needed and he came back , i lost bu 2 points
Im making a ball on 9 out of 10 breaks

Well based on that match it seems like the equalizer system was pretty accurate despite you playing all lower levels prior to this one. Good job.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
funny thing, now im very nervous abit shaky but thats when i play my best as the last few months
i dont practice or play for fun at all this yr
3 league nights and 3 tournaments a week, 6 days of competitive pool straight, im pretty pooped out
but ive got nothing much better to do anyways

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
funny thing, now im very nervous abit shaky but thats when i play my best as the last few months
i dont practice or play for fun at all this yr
3 league nights and 3 tournaments a week, 6 days of competitive pool straight, im pretty pooped out
but ive got nothing much better to do anyways

Wow ! I thought i was the only one on here that played that much...or should say used to. I just got burned out.

Sunday apa double jeapordy

Monday tap double jeapordy

Tuesday usapl double jeapordy.

Thusrday 9 ball only..

Now i just play sunday double jeapordy at 6:00 at one location then haul butt to another venue 10 mnutes away to play in another double jeapordy division and then a friday night double jeapordy team.

I love the double jeapordy format because it ensures that i play every one every night at least one match and 5 of them will play 2 matches. The next week i will play the 3 that only plaed once the previous week twice the next week.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Wow ! I thought i was the only one on here that played that much...or should say used to. I just got burned out.

Sunday apa double jeapordy

Monday tap double jeapordy

Tuesday usapl double jeapordy.

Thusrday 9 ball only..

Now i just play sunday double jeapordy at 6:00 at one location then haul butt to another venue 10 mnutes away to play in another double jeapordy division and then a friday night double jeapordy team.

I love the double jeapordy format because it ensures that i play every one every night at least one match and 5 of them will play 2 matches. The next week i will play the 3 that only plaed once the previous week twice the next week.

im fellin the burn

monday apa8ball
tuesday 8ball tournament
wed apa9ball
thursday 8ball vnea
friday tournament
saturday tounrment

i like the apa format of matching up with someone
vnea is tough, 1 game and you gotta stop them from scoring points ,making balls
and no handicaps so last week the 2nd team in our house played the best team in our area
the traveling johnsons got 7 break and runs

never heard of the double jepordy thing

Last edited:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im fellin the burn

monday apa8ball
tuesday 8ball tournament
wed apa9ball
thursday 8ball vnea
friday tournament
saturday tounrment

i like the apa format of matching up with someone
vnea is tough, 1 game and you gotta stop them from scoring points ,making balls
and no handicaps so last week the 2nd team in our house played the best team in our area
the traveling johnsons got 7 break and runs

never heard of the double jepordy thing

Double jeapordy is where you play one match of 8 ball and one match of 9 ball the same night. Sometimes you face the same opponent in both and other times you may have 2 different opponents.

Inmuch prefer the apa race to your handicap also
Hate facing 5 different guys and 3 of them may put break and runs on you and nothing you can do but hope you grt to break the next time you face that team.

megatron69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I still haven't lost a match since my last post here. In fact, I haven't lost a game (in league) in over a month and a half I think. And I'm not playing God-like pool. Far from it, IMO. The other night I allowed 3 of my opponents at least 3 turns at the table per game. The other guy I got a little lucky and got out in two innings. It's almost, I don't know, creepy isn't the right word, but it's definitely strange.

With only 5 weeks to go, I'm now wondering just how long this streak will last. But I've decided that I'm not going to try to continue the streak from now on, or even think about it. I'm just going to play my game every week, or try to, and win the games I can win.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Im a 7now after losing my first night as a 6
Wth apa lol

Get used to it. You will never be able to make any sense of it. I've been playing in the APA for 15 years and still cannot make rhyme nor reason of the skill levels.

Just have fun and don't take it too seriously.

Maniac

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I'd had a pretty good run the last few weeks, even beating a stronger SL6 on Tuesday night in 8-ball...then Thursday night in 9-ball I just played flat. Up against a guy I play often, and win more than I lose. Started slowly, came back to be ahead by several balls, then just couldn't do anything after that. Felt pretty badly about that, given how well I'd been doing. Oh well...now I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to get back on track any time soon.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Friday night 8 ball i played a girl who is a 6 so its a 4-5 race with me going to 4. I had never played her before but I found out real quick like why this girl is a 6. She is a ball pocketing machine. I had to play a boat load of safes cause there was no wY i could match her ball pocketing skills. Thankfully she does not know how to kick and playing safe never crossed her mind and i was able to win 4-2.

Then i had the misfortune of playing her 9 ball where the handicaps are reversed and i am a 6 and she is a 5. I broke and ran 8 balls the first rack...got hung ul on the 9 and she made it. She had a break and run the second rack. 3 rd rack she made the 9 on the break plus 2 other balls. It went downhill from there cor me. It went 11 innings with 4 of those innings ending in safes by me and she still gavs me a 38-30 butt whippling in a 38-46 race. Like i said...this girl is a ball pocketing machine.

Tonight i faced a 4 in 8 ball and won 4-0 in a 4-3 race. Shoulda been 4-1 but he missed an easy 8.

Then i faced a 7 in 9 ball in a 55-46 race with me going to 46. Je went on a tear for a while and i knew it was looking bad for me.. My inner self told me...you missed a few you shouldnt have and he is making you pay. Slow down and focus more ...be certain whether you want to shoot or play safe before getting in yojr stance ...make sure you have your aim spot on before pulling the trigger. Well i guess i got in a zone so to speak because i honestly cant remember much after that except for one fluke early 9 i made..next thing i know is after pocketing a ball and starting to get set up on the next ball he comes up and gives me a fist bump. I say what it ls over ? He says yea. I went and looked at the scoresheet when the scorekeeper got through and i won 46-47 after being down 38-17 at one point.

I was schocked that i won...schocked that i came back from being that far down. This has been a terrible session for me in 9 ball with about a 20 percent win record. This game was my best in a loooong time. Holding around 50 percent in 8 ball which is normal.

One last thing.. We have been using the 8 ball scoring app for several weeks now in conjunction with still having to use the scoresheet also. Friday we also started using the 9 ball app.. Its just as easy as the 8 ball app with one major exception. You have to. Press the prompt for the correct number ball that each player pockets. In summary you need a good view of the table to tell.what falls on the break . and keep.an eye on what number ball may fall early such as a carom or something. As in 8 ball we have to still keep the scoresheet also at this time.. I cant wait until we get rid of the paper and use only the app as they are both easy to use and i hwve not seen any drawbacks yet.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im a 7now after losing my first night as a 6
Wth apa lol

Great shooting tex ! Yea i have seen plenty of people go up after a loss. Iirc you only lost by 2 points. They take all your matches in consideration...not just your last match and you have been on a roll all session .

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought i would ressurect this thread after getting back to playing last week. Hope every one else gets bact to playing soon also.

We started back up last friday after a 7 week layoff. Fellas i could tell my game suffered lol and that i had not played on diamonds in forever to boot....actually surprised it picked up after a few racks .

Won 8 ball 4-2 vs another 5 in a 4-4 race. Won 9 ball 46-42 vs another 6 in a 46-46 race. Close game and a tough win.

Last night was at a different venue and back on valleys. Our home has still not opened yet.

I played 8 ball vs a 6 in a 4-5 race with me going to 4 . i won 4-1 . I played great...like i had not missed a week in the last 2 months..

I played 9 ball vs a 5 in a 46-38 race.

Before i get to the outcome of the match i want to remind yall of how i have mentioned on here many times that my 9 ball break sucks...really sucks.. During this downtime i made use of free time watching intructional videos...particularly 9 ball breaking. I have watched them off and on for a while but being hard of hearing i coukd not understand what they were saying and did pick up bits and pieces though.

A few weeks ago i accidently came across a prompt on my screen that enabled closed captioning. I gotta say it helped tremendously.

So back to my 9 ball game. I won the lag and broke from the left side and pocketed the one ball in the top left corner 4 breaks in a row. All of thoss breaks resulted in a look at the two ball albeit not always a decent shot but abke to play safe when warranted instead of being hooked like 90 percent of my previous breaks.

Then .....well.lets say my break went did a 180 in the opposite direction. Scratched on every break the remainder of the game. Broke from the same spot and the rack looked the same each time.

Well when its all said and done i lost 38-45 in a 38-46 race. Looking over the scoresheet at the end of the night confirmed how my break made it easy for my opponent to win.

I was up 28-10 until my first scratch on the break. I broke the last rack needing one ball and scratched. My oppomemt got bih and ran the 6 balls he needed to win the match. I dont even want to figure up how many points i gave him off my scratches.

I did learn a lot from those videos and intend to watch more now that i can understand what they are saying and then its just a matter of table time to put it to use.

Sorry for the long winded post but had a lot to cover.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I won the lag and broke from the left side and pocketed the one ball in the top left corner 4 breaks in a row. All of thoss breaks resulted in a look at the two ball albeit not always a decent shot but abke to play safe when warranted instead of being hooked like 90 percent of my previous breaks.

I find it odd that the 1-ball went into that pocket once let alone four times (and in a row).

I break 9-ball almost exclusively from the left side (near the long rail) and my 1-ball almost always heads for the right-hand side pocket. If it doesn't fall into the side pocket, it usually goes just past it, hits the cushion and either goes in the left side corner pocket (bottom rail) or ends up near it. This is only true when the 1-ball doesn't get kicked by another ball.

I'm not saying I haven't ever done it, but I cannot recall one single time my 1-ball has gone into the top left-hand corner pocket whenever I've broke from the left side of the table. I just find that odd, but I certainly believe you.

Maniac

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am emulating a break i saw on you tube by some one that goes by lil chris. He is an apa 7-9 that has very informative videos. In his video on 9 ball breaking the wing ball goes in the bottom left corner...which mine never did ...and the one ball goes in the right side pocket....if you are off the one ball hits the right side rail above the side pocket and shoots over towards the left side pocket.

The one ball did exactly what he said it would do if you missed the right side pocket and came back up table and fell in the top left pocket.. And yea....4 times in a row which amazed the heck out of me lol..

I placed the cue ball one diamond off the top rail and about a diamond and a lil less than a diamond off the side rail striking the cue ball with a lil low inside and hitting the one just a hair off center to the left.

Even when i scratched the one headed towards the top left pocket. Just gotta spend more time at the table figuring out what i did wrong on those scratches. Possibly not hitting the cue ball correctly or my aim was off on the one or a combination of both. Or maybe my opponent changed his method of racking after i made it 4 times in a row and i didnt catch it.

The results of those first 4 racks have given me incentive to start spending some time practicing ....something i never do..

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last night my 9 ball break picked up where it left off last week. Won the lag and scratched...my opponemt runs the table...i never could catch him and lost another one. Btw...we are both 6's

Faced another 5 in 8 ball. It was a tough match and i won hill-hill....4-3

We had make up and i played the same guy 8 ball again. I was shooting good but not great so ....i know this sounds like going backwards but i swapped out my carbon pro shaft for my black dot. Played darn good...won 4-1. Heck of an improvement over the first 8 ball match with the same opponent.

I really need to find the time to practice my 9 ball break. Most of my losses are to opponents getting bih due to scratches or no shot at the next ball if...and a big if i make something. Another contributing factor is for some reason i usualy play 9 ball first and i start out slow. My game picks up in my second match thst night. Gotta come out firing right off the bat...easier said than done.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last night i faced another 6 in 9 ball...i won the lag and broke dry ....he runs the table..i thought here we go again. I managed to shoot good when i got to the table but again my break was making it easy for my opponent to rack up points . i lost 46-29.

I played the same guy in 8 ball and it was a damn tough match going back and forth each rack with me coming out on top 4-3. We are both 5' s in 8 ball.

Then i left and went to play with my other sunday team. They threw a 4 on me in 9 ball.. I won the lag and broke dry. He runs 5 balls...slopping in 2 of them. I pot the 6 and make a 7-9 combo...i needed all the points to break even but the combo was the only shot i had so it was him 5 and me 3 after the first rack.. Not a good start at all. Broke dry again and he runs a few balls.

I kept breaking dry every rack but thankfully no scratches. It gets down to the last rack with me needing one ball.. I thought...hell with breaking for cue ball control..hell with breaking for the wing ball or one in the side. Set the cue ball in the middle of the table one diamond from the tol rail...aim for the center of the one ball and let her rip and hard as i could. Well glory be...made a ball...game over. I won 46-20....if that boy had any sense oc cue ball control he could have killed me off my breaks.

So since league has started back up i am 2 -3 in 9 ball and 5-0 in 8 ball.... Usually facing the same opponent in both. I am just making it easy for them to win 9 ball off my breaks.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
yeah league sucked with a bandana
i dont do masks

least we are 2nd place and can challenge for 1st spot it looks
with me moving up almost every week some changes will have to be made

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
also i want to get a masters team together, just to play with the big dogs for my own competitive edge

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Our league started back up last night.

I didn't go. And won't for the foreseeable future. I have a high risk wife, and higher risk son at home. Felt really weird, knowing my team was there, and I wasn't...I've been playing for 12 years, with the only break being missing the playoffs during that time