2016 World 9-Ball Championship

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Americans doing poorly this week? Wow, what a shocker, given that they've just played their last two events on bar tables at the US Open 10 ball ad US Open 8 ball events in Vegas. Could you ask for better preparation than that?

I have posted on a few occasions that the move in the direction of bar table events will further reduce the pedigree of Americans when they play in the most prestigious international events. Comically, we'll be using a lot of bar table events to determine who should compete for the US at the Mosconi in December.

American pool is seriously broken right now with no end in sight. That said, I admire any American that made the trip to Doha and wish them well.

:clapping:

Someone has to put it into words, and you said it best.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Players 2-0.
Warren Kiamco
Both Ko's
Lee Van
Karl Boyes
Alex
Johann Chua

Players that are 1-1
Dennis
Darren
Oscar Ignacio
Shane
Kevin Cheng
Biado
Sky
Shawn Wilkie
Jayson Shaw
Wang Can
John Morra
Neils Feijen

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
Taiwan and China are laying down the law. They're head and shoulders above the rest of the world.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
USA so far:

Two losses and out:

• Hart -- 1-9, 2-9
  • Lombardo -- 4-9, 6-9

One win and one loss, need to win next match (against indicated player) to advance:

• Wilkie -- 6-9, 9-1 -- Niels Feijen
  • Woodward -- 5-9, 9-3 -- Wojciech Szewczyk
  • Dominguez -- 9-8, 4-9 -- Ali Al Obaidli
  • Van Boening -- 5-9, 9-2 -- Francisco Felicilda

Last edited:

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
USA so far:

Two losses and out:

• Hart -- 1-9, 2-9
  • Lombardo -- 4-9, 6-9

One win and one loss, need to win next match (against indicated player) to advance:

• Wilkie -- 6-9, 9-1 -- Andrew Kong Bu Hong
  • Woodward -- 5-9, 9-3 -- Omran Salem
I thought Wilkie had to play a big name from Europe I want to say Niels feijen

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup. I listed the guy he beat. He plays Feijen next. Correction made. thanks

Unfortunately for Wilkie I'm correct lol I really was pushing for him to go deep but that's a tough tough draw. On the flip side if he does pull out the miracle win it will do wonders for his confidence going forward

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And I made the same mistake for Woodward (listing the player he beat rather than the guy he plays next). He plays Szewczyk next. Correction made.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So (maybe) this is correct now:

Two losses and out:

• Hart -- 1-9, 2-9
  • Lombardo -- 4-9, 6-9

• Wilkie -- 6-9, 9-1 -- Niels Feijen
  • Woodward -- 5-9, 9-3 -- Wojciech Szewczyk

maestro de pool

Focus Concetration Nerves
Silver Member
USA players at the WPA9ball2016

Unfortunately for Wilkie I'm correct lol I really was pushing for him to go deep but that's a tough tough draw. On the flip side if he does pull out the miracle win it will do wonders for his confidence going forward

Europeans and Asians players use to play only at 9ft tables alternate breaks at least 6-10 majors tours per year,they use to hard competition
in USA the comp. is at least minus one level
no chance there ex. SVB ;)

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There really is a lot of surprising players on the loss side that could be eliminated before single elimination: Darren Appleton, Dennis orcullio, Jeffrey Ignacio, jayson shaw, Shane van boening and Niels feijen just to name a few

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There really is a lot of surprising players on the loss side that could be eliminated before single elimination: Darren Appleton, Dennis orcullio, Jeffrey Ignacio, jayson shaw, Shane van boening and Niels feijen just to name a few

You can add the following to the list of players that could be eliminated tomorrow:

Ching Shun Yang
Ralf Souquet
John Morra
W Majid
Daryl Peach
Roberto Gomez
Jeff De Luna
C. Wang
N. Oi
Sky Woodward
Oliver Ortmann
Nick Van den Berg
Carlo Biado
C. Yu Lung

So with Darren Appleton, Dennis orcullio, Jeffrey Ignacio, jayson shaw, Shane van boening and Niels feijen, the one loss side is looking more like the winners' side. If they lose tomorrow, they are out. But at least, they still have a chance. Mika Immonen and Aloysius Yapp have already been eliminated.