What are the reasons you like to play someone ?

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love playing this one dude as he is an A player who thinks he's a pro.
Uses a new aiming system every week
Tries to three foul you at every opportunity
And makes the weird wheezing sound when you miss

Love beating this guy makes me try my best each time

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoy playing people who play hard and want to win, but are happy when you make a good shot or play well also.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there's this one guy who's way below my level but does not see it or believe it or what ever he does and i just love playing that guy, although it's not the best match up cause he's pretty much a D player but when I play him no matter if i''m in the slum my game usually comes out.
What about that person who no matter what you could just never give them you A game, gosh i hate that.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I enjoy playing people who play hard and want to win, but are happy when you make a good shot or play well also.

Same here. The one's that are quiet, use proper room etiquette, miss and a take seat, don't make faces, excuses,etc.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Don't really care to play anybody, prefer to practice alone. I feel it's a waste of time waiting for somebody else to shoot - if I wanna see that I will watch the youtube, and see the real players play.
Jason

Good question though.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Playing Partners.

Ive got a playing partner thats real good and makes me play my best but he comes and goes because his attention gets diverted by anything he can make money on, so this gives me an opportunity to play some other people which is good for me. I just dont get all that excited about tournaments. I like to lock up and play 4 to 5 hrs and longer, that way I get my stroke out.

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I couldn't have said better myself!

When in tournament, there are no friends on the battlefield but in a friendly practice environment, I like the motivation it gives me to try to crush my opponent and expect the same thing from my opponent as well. It really helps to bring the best out of me when we can have a serious game but compliment the nice shots from both parties.

The-Professor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't really care to play anybody, prefer to practice alone. I feel it's a waste of time waiting for somebody else to shoot - if I wanna see that I will watch the youtube, and see the real players play.
Jason

Good question though.

Dude, you are like my twin.... I am the exact same...

Unless I am matching up to play someone or in a tournament.... I would much rather just practice by myself to maximize time/practice. You can get in an exponential amount more practice alone than you can with someone else.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
There's a young lady who works at our pool room that I occasionally play with.
No, not that kind of play, damn it! Nine Ball.
It's actually the only time I make the concession to play anything other than One Pocket.
I do it simply because I get a great deal of pleasure watching her bend over when she takes a shot.
Call me lecherous, yes. Dirty minded, yes. Intellect in a drainage system, yes. But, at my age what does it hurt? For a brief moment in time I am once again running through the Elysian fields of my youth, with the wind in my hair, and Mr. Johnson on full tilt.
It doesn't last long, though. I usually let her beat me then look over at the guys on 10 playing One Pocket. "I'll be there in a minute," I say. :)

Anybody that has good credit and pays up when they lose is good by me.

If they want to act like an ass, it's just more motivation to beat them. So they can do whatever they like, after awhile you become shark-proof.

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play other people mainly to get an objective check on where my game is at. Winning and losing are irrelevant. If I play well I am happy, whether I win or lose. If I play poorly I am unhappy, whether I win or lose. I realize this attitude makes me a weirdo in the world of pool. But hey, you asked!

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
Dude, you are like my twin.... I am the exact same...

Unless I am matching up to play someone or in a tournament.... I would much rather just practice by myself to maximize time/practice. You can get in an exponential amount more practice alone than you can with someone else.

Ditto for me as well. I turn people down all the time who just want to shoot around. I want a table to groove my stroke in not watch someone else play.

Prince H

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jason

Good question though.

To the people who agree with this sentiment, are you talking about just bangin some balls for funsies, or would you be willing to play with someone as long as you both take it seriously and play hard?

For me, I will pass on playing for funsies also...not a good use of time. However, there are a few people around who can play hard and for free. Most people need to be in action or in a tourney in order to take it seriously, but I welcome any player who wants to play hard.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
To the people who agree with this sentiment, are you talking about just bangin some balls for funsies, or would you be willing to play with someone as long as you both take it seriously and play hard?

For me, I will pass on playing for funsies also...not a good use of time. However, there are a few people around who can play hard and for free. Most people need to be in action or in a tourney in order to take it seriously, but I welcome any player who wants to play hard.

Would still rather play alone, unless it's gambling - then playing the ghost would be my first choice;)

I'm not usually there to beat balls around, so I take it fairly serious even alone

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Me too.

I enjoy gambling and usually where I am slight underdog. I gamble cheap, but I prefer playing those who a little bit better than me. Even folks who are much better if I can get the spot right.

When I do gamble with a player that is not up to my speed, I try to absolute murder them.

Ken

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Greed

That is why I don't play any more.
Not greedy.
Nick :)
Let me add don't ask for my Cochrans. Maybe still a little greedy!