Two break/jumps I've finished recently.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So as the cue building is fairly new but amazingly interesting field for me while building the first cues I try different things concerning the construction, the woods and other materials for experiment to see the results and how it effects the playability of the cue. Several months ago I finally finished two break/jump cues. The first one was built for one of my students who likes the game a lot and improves fairly quickly. The second I built for myself keeping in mind one more talented junior I wanted to help in reaching his goals in the near future. Both cues are equal split and the same is for the forearm and butt pieces of each cue. The shafts for both cues are made from the same hard maple board and the wood was very old more than 20 years matured and really hard. First one has similar construction with Tiger x-shaft it means four pieces correctly cut glued together. The difference was I added 5mm carbon fiber rod 20" for additional stiffness going into carbon fiber insert for female joint. The second is as I said the same wood but one piece shaft and 8" carbon fiber tube not rod added at the front and same carbon fiber insert at the joint. Both shafts have carbon fiber ferrulles with phenolic tips. The tapers are similar more conical 13 mm at the tip.
Concerning the butts... First one is Mugonha (didn't hear anything about it earlier) forearm and Leadwood butt with waterfall bubinga splices. Second has Pau Rosa forearm and Black chacate butt. All the woods as the hard maple are very old, hard and stiff. No weight bolts in them just the opposite I had to drill out some wood from the butt to achieve the desired weight. Of course the most interesting part is how they work at the table and I can say I'm very pleased with the results so as my students and everyone who was curious and tried them. For example when it comes to jumping both cues are very easy to jump with. I was impressed testing them. I used to jump with my Predator jump which I bought ten years ago. The one with black coat. The main reason I bought it was the additional length with the extension so as I'm 6,5 foots tall. With my new cue it's amazingly easier to jump so my predator jump sits in the case until I'll make some changes to it too.
My student after receiving break/jump from me decided to sell his jumper he bought a few months before and which was one of the best in the market. He was just impressed how easily is to jump with less power and more accuracy. The best players in our pool school said the same and we have some young but very good players who had medals at the European championships for youth, men and women.
Comparing the shafts which are different in construction but the same wood, taper, ferrules, joint I did not notice much of the difference in play.
Thats why after building these cues I finally was sure how to build the shaft for my player.:smile:http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=463154
I'll show some pictures of mine break/jump. When I have some better pictures of another break/jump I'll add them too.
Happy New Year to everyone! :)

Last edited:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The break/jump for my student. Sorry for poor quality photos...

Attachments

• IMG_9790 (??????????) (??????????) (1).JPG
    IMG_9790 (??????????) (??????????) (1).JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited: