tips on dealing with haters?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
If I'm not playing, haters want nothing to do with me. They won't talk to me. If I'm playing them some won't speak to me, some will say a word or two if they have to. They might say something rude or they'll flip me off. Some talk down to me. If anybody ever gets close to beating me there are like 3 haters turn up and start coaching him or her and provide emotional support. Here's the thing, a few players who are ok shooters are very attractive young women so some regulars who are normally cool with me are not when these girls are around because they are hoping to hook up with them. Also every single guy there kisses these girls's asses I'm the only one who doesnt. I'm there to play pool I treat everyone the same. I'm friendly but I don't kiss ass. No special treatment. Get what I'm saying? To be honest these girls feel like it's their place and I feel like it's my place. Sounds silly but it is what it is. I have my clique they have their clique.

I'll give you an example. One new hater didnt understand call pocket rules. We already disliked each other at that point. She makes her ball off my ball and sits down. I say it's your shot. She says she didnt call it off my ball. I politely explain ball in hand rules are call pocket. She goes, "you mean I can touch your balls?" ( she doesnt realize what she's saying ). I smile but don't respond. She goes "can I touch your balls?!". I say you can't touch my balls but you can touch those balls. She goes "that's disgusting no woman ever wants to hear that from you". ( not sure if it's relevant but this particular hater is extremely unattractive no guy in there would ever date her ). She then goes behind my back and tells everyone I told her she can't touch my balls. She told like 20 people. That's the type of stuff I'm dealing with there. So I don't talk to them there, just come to shoot and hang with buds I trust.

After reading the above, my only tip for you is to pay your dental insurance premiums in a timely manner.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the OP, I found the source of the hate but first you must understand.

When one points a finger at others, he has three fingers pointing back.

1st finger pointing back? You hate the guy who owns the place, you're killing him and his business but you don't care.

2nd finger, you hate the people in the bar, you feed off their anger, very pathetic.

3rd finger, you hate yourself. You fought hard to be a pro but failed and you know it.

Next time you go, don't play, buy the house a round and do as others have stated, hang around and give advice and stop playing down, go to a real place to play and play up.

Buying rounds is to apologize to the owner for all the patrons who go elsewhere now because of you. Drinks will help his customers as well, they are HIS customers, not yours.

Now like all haters, hate me for my advice, call me a racist or a hater and move on, good day.

SMILE, it's Sunday.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
And if you really do run the table “from opening to closing” talk to the bar owner or manager and once every month or two weeks or whatever turn up at opening time and play that the first person to beat you gets a free bucket of beer or something. Any bar that refuses to that is committing commercial suicide if you are as good as you appear to be.

I think this is a great idea...a positive solution to the problem.
Whoever beats him gets his name posted.

I’ve seen tournaments where the owner puts a bonus on the overwhelming favorite.

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too

If you're only there to play pool -not socialize, then don't get butthurt when people don't like you.
I already don't like you.

just joking, no offense...

"if you don't have something nice to say about someone come sit next to me".
Can't remember who said it but I like it.
jack

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get Out

Many posts here have said what I would say too.
Your ego is your problem. Your ideal world in this bar would be that you are the best player and everyone loves you like some hero superstar.
My advice initially was to quit playing pool in this bar, and just go there to drink and socialize. But since you said you go there to play pool, compete, and not socialize, then go to a pool hall to compete. It's so obvious to most here why people don't like you. Obviously, too, we are only hearing your side of the story, but it's clear to most what your problem is. You seem to be the only one who can't see it. You probably shouldn't even go back to this bar, with all the negativity you've produced there against yourself. Like somebody else has already said, you'll probably just continue as before, because you apparently are not heeding any of the "tips" or advice you came on here to ask for. Maybe you were looking for sympathy. In this case, I would say you may find sympathy in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.

Last edited:

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s your regular hangout. Play pool to win. Hang with your friends. If you make new ones great. If not don’t worry about it. Don’t listen to those who suggest finding a new hangout that you have been going to for 15 years. Some just hate to lose but I bet they keep coming back in hopes of beating you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is clear to me from the op's posts exactly why people don't like him but he can't figure it out.

Here's a clue. You are in a bar. You aren't gambling. Others want to have fun and hit some balls. You won't give up the table.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I beat UPA 9's at tourneys all the time. I beat a semi-pro at tourney ( race to 3 ). Another semi-pro race to 1. I played an elite pro you all know and got killed. Definitely not a C player but far from a pro. I've never met an amateur who could easily dominate me on a 7' but I'm sure they are out there. Like I said there are B player regulars there not just bangers. Lots of players can really shoot they just don't understand the game. Honestly I've very beatble they just end up dogging a ball because the pressure is too much. If they miss they know I'll run out and they'll have to wait an hour to play again. They're also dying to beat me so the place can errupt in applause. Their mental game is weak but some of those regulars have a really smooth intimidating stroke.

You’ve told us plenty, your right in most podunks your a B or an A or apa7.....in a pool players area you’d be a C+ in old Tulsa that would be a mid 6./10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JC

Coos Cues
Well, clearly you know how much people don't like this.

They would like to play pool and you're taking over the table all night.

If you're so peaceful why can't you find another place to play and...well.......who knows.....maybe play people your own strength once in a while?

My guess is the OP isn't as good as he thinks.

There is a guy at a bar here who does this exact thing. He fancies himself a local legend.

When me and my buddy come in we throw a quarter up each, run him off the table and then he puts his stick away and leaves. So do we and the patrons love us. Walk in give the bully a black eye and walk out.

JC

JC

Coos Cues
I'll give you an example. One new hater didnt understand call pocket rules. We already disliked each other at that point. She makes her ball off my ball and sits down. I say it's your shot. She says she didnt call it off my ball. I politely explain ball in hand rules are call pocket. She goes, "you mean I can touch your balls?" ( she doesnt realize what she's saying ). I smile but don't respond. She goes "can I touch your balls?!". I say you can't touch my balls but you can touch those balls. She goes "that's disgusting no woman ever wants to hear that from you". ( not sure if it's relevant but this particular hater is extremely unattractive no guy in there would ever date her ). She then goes behind my back and tells everyone I told her she can't touch my balls. She told like 20 people. That's the type of stuff I'm dealing with there. So I don't talk to them there, just come to shoot and hang with buds I trust.

Ah the highly competitive bar banger chick.

The more you write the more I'm convinced this thread is a troll joke.

JC

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're in a bar. The main focus in a bar is drinking. If you're looking for everyone to be happy and polite when they drink, I think you're out of luck.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Ah the highly competitive bar banger chick.

The more you write the more I'm convinced this thread is a troll joke.

JC

As I sat here thinking about how much I enjoyed responding to the OP and how much I smiled when I've seen there's a new response (not the typical response I have with most threads here, lol) the same thought occurred to me. Great minds? -Z-

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You cannot be a grown man and not realize that your little effort at suggestive humor was just asking for trouble.
It doesn't matter if the female involved here is the "biggest lay down on a mattress woman alive", a fat pig, a drunk cow, or whatever....she still doesn't want to hear any stuff from a man who talks down to her. Even if she's going full bore at dishing it out herself. That's reality and to deny reality is to have it automatically work against you.
You blundered critically and she burned you for it.
It's you who is lacking in social skills. If you knew how to deal with and manage people, you could probably be rolling in their money by now, have a regular flow of 'customers', and they'd still all be loving you and enjoying losing to you. The owner would be happier than any of them since they'd be staying longer and increasing his cash flow. But, alas, how easily things go wrong..
You will never have peace there. It's too late. Learn from your blunders, go elsewhere, and start over.
:)

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've found that most people are predominantly motivated by one of four things: money, power, sex, or recognition.

You seem to be looking mainly for recognition, maybe with some booty on the side.

What you're doing isn't working... Try something else.

To illustrate the point, buying the biggest trophy you can find, putting a strap on it, and using it as a carrying case would probably work better.

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
To the OP, I found the source of the hate but first you must understand.

When one points a finger at others, he has three fingers pointing back.

1st finger pointing back? You hate the guy who owns the place, you're killing him and his business but you don't care.

2nd finger, you hate the people in the bar, you feed off their anger, very pathetic.

3rd finger, you hate yourself. You fought hard to be a pro but failed and you know it.

Next time you go, don't play, buy the house a round and do as others have stated, hang around and give advice and stop playing down, go to a real place to play and play up.

Buying rounds is to apologize to the owner for all the patrons who go elsewhere now because of you. Drinks will help his customers as well, they are HIS customers, not yours.

Now like all haters, hate me for my advice, call me a racist or a hater and move on, good day.

SMILE, it's Sunday.

^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s your regular hangout. Play pool to win. Hang with your friends. If you make new ones great. If not don’t worry about it. Don’t listen to those who suggest finding a new hangout that you have been going to for 15 years. Some just hate to lose but I bet they keep coming back in hopes of beating you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man, appreciate that... Many keep mentioning the owner. He's the coolest cat. A great banger himself. Waits in line like everyone else and never cares when he loses. Sometimes he DJs, sometimes he just hangs out. The place makes a killing he's not worried about the money part. One time I broke and ran out on some guy and he started racking again and goes "I'm playing again". The owner didnt like that. He goes he f**ing lost... Pool is a big deal at this place and they take their rules very seriously. If some non-regular gets caught cutting in line and being an ahole security literally throws him out. I can totally see how I would be disliked, there are players who think they can play a little pool who've been coming there a long time and they still havent beaten me once so I get that but I don't get the hate and displaying publicly their hate for me. There are strong players at tourneys who rubbed me the wrong way who beat me in the finals or whatever and I hated losing but I'd still smile, shake hand etc. There's zero chance I'd flip off a stronger player who just destroyed me. I want these haters to work hard come back and beat me. I'm rooting for them. But I won't let them muscle me out. Also like I said I go there because the more I play the better I get. My patterns are getting better because I run the table for 2-6 hours when I go there. At tourneys there's too much down time and you have to travel there.. not worth it.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A LOT of people watch....

Also some really love me in there im like a little rockstar

Also I tried playing with one hand once and that was a disaster she started screaming at me and said I was being extremely rude and disrespectful and she said that's why nobody likes you because you're a piece of sht.

Anyway, sorry I'm rambling..

This is your problem.

You think you are a little rockstar and some of the others think you're a piece of shit.

From reading your "ramblings", you remind me of another person on here always trying to buy or sell cues who wasn't quite right in the head (if you know what I mean).

You need to spend a bit more time learning to write properly so that your "ramblings" are a bit easier to read. If you talk in the same manner that you write, you may sound a bit "looney" in the bar...maybe that is part of the problem.

Just saying.

Last edited: