Larry the Cable Guy and Lorrie

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to say I don't think he meant to toss it like that, and probably was not even aware of cues past $15 wall sticks. Seems like he just tossed it like you spike a football after scoring.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It speaks volumes for her character hat the next bit had the ball on his lips, with her shooting it away.....
“I” would be sorely tempted, as the new dings and dents slid through my hands, to give him a bit of a “kiss” with the cue ball!

15cherries

15cherries
Silver Member
lesson from my dad

My father taught me a long time ago that if you want to f''''k something up just lend it to somebody.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
From everything that I've heard or read about LTCG, he's a good dude. Yes, from a pool perspective we are all cringing. It is so unfortunate that the general public doesn't get it. Larry is part of that group in this instance. His reaction, although totally wrong, wasn't to hurt her property or be disrespectful IMO. He is an entertainer, a comedian. He was trying, at the expense of LorrieJon's cue, to show off and entertain the crowd. If he would have understood it from our perspective, I think he would have handled it a lot differently.

Lesson to self, never give cue to anyone you don't respect a pool player.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From everything that I've heard or read about LTCG, he's a good dude. Yes, from a pool perspective we are all cringing. It is so unfortunate that the general public doesn't get it. Larry is part of that group in this instance. His reaction, although totally wrong, wasn't to hurt her property or be disrespectful IMO. He is an entertainer, a comedian. He was trying, at the expense of LorrieJon's cue, to show off and entertain the crowd. If he would have understood it from our perspective, I think he would have handled it a lot differently.

I've met him, he is a good dude, still a dick move.

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
I once lent my cue to a coked up Gary Busey during a scene with Michael Madsen he mercilessly whacked it on the edge of the table for about 3 takes, luckily it was a low budget film so they moved on to the next scene also luckily it was a Cuetec :grin:

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I tend to agree.

1) he meant to just throw it on to the table.
2) he was trying to be entertaining for the crowd.
3) he has no idea that some cues are more valuable than others.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I tend to agree.

1) he meant to just throw it on to the table.
2) he was trying to be entertaining for the crowd.
3) he has no idea that some cues are more valuable than others.

He may be a good dude and all that, but this was just inconsiderate of him to throw her cue like it was a toy. He's smart enough to know that an athlete's equipment, just like a musician's instrument, is valuable to them. He should have apologized to her afterwards and asked her if her cue was all right. I mean he did see her playing with it before she handed it to him. No excuse in my book.

I once did a celebrity pool tournament for charity and I had to organize the players/entertainers on teams and try to run some semblance of a tournament while photographers were swarming all over us. It was a mess but I understood my role in the scene. Just try to make order out of chaos.

One of the "players" was Donny Osmond and he was kind of a dick to everybody. I had to make a ruling on his table (they were playing Eight Ball) and he came around behind me and wrapped his arm around my neck, and actually started choking me. All in fun right. A few seconds wouldn't have bothered me but after about ten seconds of gasping for air I ripped his arm from around my neck. He was stunned to say the least. Somehow he thought he was being funny to hurt me like that. I looked at him and said, "Don't ever do that again!" He didn't say a word, just slunk away to get more photos taken of his smiling mug. He'll probably remember me and that incident for a long time. And then again, maybe not.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I have stated I don't think he meant harm. I was just shocked at this. And I have witnessed things of this nature in the past.

As a joke I expected someone to say " He knew it was a Meucci".

But seriously, I think the video should be reposted with a comment about what happened and point out why it shouldn't happen. Using it as a "Learning Moment"...

Last edited:

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
But seriously, I think the video should be reposted with a comment about what happened and point out why it shouldn't happen. Using it as a "Learning Moment"...

Pete, I entirely agree. I also think we could use Larry as a spokes person to get the message across. I think he owes us (the pool community) that courtesy as a public service. A pool etiquette video for bangers. I will start with rule number 1...

1.) Never set your drink on the pool table.
2.)