Trying to figure out when an Anniversary snooker table was built

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reposted from the main forum at the suggestion of some of the members:

This weekend I picked up a more or less complete but disassembled Anniversary model snooker table at a garage sale near Wichita, KS. As my house has no room for this, I may have the table restored and then sell it, or I may sell it as it is now to someone who wants to restore it themselves. Either way, I am hoping to get some help as to finding out just when this was built.

I contacted Brunswick through their website, and got a response back right away (on a Sunday!) with several references from old brochures, sell sheets, service bulletins, etc... that helped to some degree, but did not give me enough to narrow it down to a specific year. I'm thinking that some of you Brunswick aficionados may have some additional information.

The only identifying numbers/letters I could find on it are the word ANNIVERSARY stamped in ink at the top of one of the legs, and " C 2 52 3" (without the quotes) stamped into each side and end piece of the bed frame. The corner and rail castings have the off white baked enamel finish. The lower leg bands are missing so I can't say as to whether they were aluminum or off white plastic. The rails are wood, not Formica.

If anyone can give me some idea as to the year this was made, or any other pertinent information, I would appreciate it. If you need more information from me in order to make a determination please ask. I have some parts of the table with me, and the rest I will be picking up within the next few weeks. (I ran into this as I was traveling through Kansas on my way back home to Wisconsin, and the owner said he was planning to junk it out if it didn't sell at the garage sale. I wasn't willing to see that happen, so I bought it.)

The only photo I have of the table is as it sat partially disassembled in the guy's yard. If you guys want to see photos of particular pieces just let me know. I can take photos of some of the pieces within a couple days, but the larger pieces such as the frame members, legs and slates will have to wait for a couple weeks until I get back to Kansas for them.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

9-ball B

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just by looking at the frame and legs, it appears to be older than 1955 for sure. If you can show pictures of the name plate on the end rail, the underside of one of the rails, or the blocks that attach the aprons to the rails, it could be narrowed down a bit more.

9-ball B

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After posting, I went back and read the part about the enamel coating on the metal. That was from the earliest models(model C), and there were never any metal bands on those legs. I assume there are no metal side pocket castings either, the side rails dowel into each other. My guess would be from 1945-50. Cool find!

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your response to my post. Yeah, I really needed to buy it although I don;t have any use for it myself. It was just going to get wrecked then junked out if it didn't sell that weekend. I got started playing pool on an old Anniversary 9 footer at a community center in Madison, WI back in the late 70s and have always had a thing for that model since then.

Actually, it does have side pocket castings. One of the references that the Brunswick rep sent me (1950 Service Bulletin) showed a distinction between the C and C-I models in that the C had no side pocket castings and the C-I did. However, it looks like the bulletin was talking about pool tables rather than snooker, so it's unclear as to whether this would apply to this table.

I don't have the frame rails with me, but I do have the end skirts with attaching blocks, and the rails. They are currently stowed under the bed in my motor home, so it will be a couple of days before I get home and dig them out. I will add photos of the name plate, the underside of the rails and the back side of the skirts once I unload them.

Last edited: