2016 World 9-Ball Championship

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something is up because nothing was there when i looked it up. Contacted kozoom. And this is what i got back in response. Also states no where on kozooms website either and thats why i emailed them.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 3,547

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
that's very unfortunate. :(
we will then have to find out if it will be televised locally in Doha.

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that's very unfortunate. :(
we will then have to find out if it will be televised locally in Doha.

I did email qbsf but have yet to get a response back. Doesnt get any better than the world championships streamed by kozoom.i hope there is something comparable online

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
Something is up because nothing was there when i looked it up. Contacted kozoom. And this is what i got back in response. Also states no where on kozooms website either and thats why i emailed them.

That sure is disappointing

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
the qualifying stage starts today. im still looking for sources - streaming or live TV broadcast.

2016 W9B page at qbsf.qa says that Al Kass TV Qatar will also be covering the event.

Last edited:

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
i'm reading the rules on racking/breaking. really interesting. not sure if they revised/added some rules.

RACKING BALLS:
A plastic rack sheet will be used for racking of balls to make perfect racking and save the time for racking by a referee. Players are not permitted to touch the balls once racked.
BREAK-SHOT RULES:
The following rules are to be an addition to the WPA 9-Ball rules. At least three (3) object balls must either be pocketed or pass the head string as a result of a break in order for it to be legal. Any combination of the above (i.e. 1 object ball pocketed and 2 object balls passing the head string, or 2 object balls pocketed and 1 object ball passing the head string) is also legal. Regardless of whether any balls are pocketed if a player fails to earn the required rules, it will be considered an illegal break (this is not the same as a foul break as defined in the WPA Rules)
After an illegal break:
1) Opponent has the option either to accept the table as it is, or hand it back to the player that performedthe break.
2) In case the opponent accepts the table as it is, the player will not be allowed to perform a push-out.
3) If the table is handed back to the player that performed the break, the player is allowed to perform a push-out.
4) If 9-ball is pocketed in a legal break, the player wins the game. If in case of an illegal break, 9-ball is re-spotted before play is continued, then opponent has an option.

Last edited:

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
This is great. Hold the WC in some forsaken outpost of the world no will travel to & don't stream it either. Sounds about right for pool. SMH

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are still in the qualifiers stage. If I remember correctly, the live stream only started during the main event.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are still in the qualifiers stage. If I remember correctly, the live stream only started during the main event.
They definitely had the live stream in the qualifiers stage last few years i watched a lot of good matches they had Warren Kiamco, Kevin Cheng and many great players in the 1st stage trying to qualify.

DutchPool

Registered
From the QBSF website under 'Tv Coverage':

Al Kass TV Qatar
Matches Live by KOZOOM – Free Access or charge – TBC soon.

Let's hope :thumbup:

Eurotroll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Junior European Championships starts today until next Sunday and Kozoom is covering it, so maybe that is the reason Kozoom won't stream World Championships

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Junior European Championships starts today until next Sunday and Kozoom is covering it, so maybe that is the reason Kozoom won't stream World Championships

Kozoom did mention that scheduling was a part of the reason why they werent streaming the world championships BUT this is the crown jewel of our sport. When i brought up that i hoped it wasnt due to the freez during the meat of the ko/shane final, the rep i emailed with kozoom stated they didnt believe that to be the reason why they werent asked back.so the qataris had to have some reason why the didnt select kozoom this year.either way, its a very unfortunate situation.

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
It's amazing how the western world is not capable to stage the biggest pool tournament in the world. After a a couple of smooth, more or less, years, the Qataris are back to their incompetent best. No info, no draws, no stream. Ted Lerner is nowhere to be found too. The game is dead and buried.