what year is this Palmer cue

Lidlchris

LidlChris
Silver Member
Approximately what year would this Palmer cue be?

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 399

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like a PM11. Mid '70's to '80"s. Go to Palmer collectors website and look at PB and PM catalogs. Sold new for $250.00 according to his website.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Five point inlay? Shaft, 5 1/2 ounces? Oh, God, this is going to be good...

All the best,
WW

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Five point inlay? Shaft, 5 1/2 ounces? Oh, God, this is going to be good...

All the best,
WW

"Straight for its age." I wonder what that means... ti's only @ 40 yrs old. Maybe "semi"-scoliosis? I suppose once you get used to it, it's fine. After all, if you can play with a broomstick... And, heck, the starting bid's only 500.00

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Copied from Chris Tate's Palmer Collector website.

- The Palmer Collector -
The PM Cues

Back

In the mid to late 1970's, Palmer transitioned from being a custom cue maker to a distributor of billiards related products.

The PM cues (which stood for Pete Margo) were production cues introduced in the late 1970's. These cues were manufactured by Adam, Japan, to the designs and specifications of Palmer. These cues are of the highest production quality available at the time. The PM-Line an the entry level quality production cue with an emphasis on value.

These cues were very popular. The majority of the PM Line cues were sold during the 1980's. The prices ranged from $62 for the PM-1 to 4125 for the PM-7 and up to $250 for the PM-11.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I sold a PM11 here on AZ.
Fantastic cue, two shafts, straight, original, someone got a terrific deal.
Think it was around $500-$575, can't remember the price

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey CD -

One of the photos on Ebay has a "Palmer Cue" sig on the buttcap. Think maybe someone added that later if it really is a Viking? Anything's possible.

Viking?

No way.

If Viking made that I'll eat my shorts.:p

Adam. :thumbup:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sold a PM11 here on AZ.
Fantastic cue, two shafts, straight, original, someone got a terrific deal.
Think it was around $500-$575, can't remember the price

Seller seems to know what the cue is worth.

Still to stimulate some bidding they could have started lower.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking at the link you provided, the veneers look like they could be made by ADAM.

As was pointed out already, this is already known about this model series.

I didn't link Chris's page because I figured it was common knowledge.

There are in fact two slightly different variations of this cue, as far as I know the entire model series.

It has to do with the joint rings. One has the small dashes like the one posted, and another has longer maple dashes. I do not know if one is an earlier version and one a later version, and I have never seen it spokes about by our Palmer experts.

15cherries

15cherries
Silver Member
post-up

Hey, Chopdoc post-up or no bet, take your shorts off and put them on the light then we'll talk:eek: