Will We Ever See Anyone More Amazing?

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He has some good ideas but I am not a big fan of trick shots.

To me, trick shots are just like Hollywood you keep practice a shot a thousand times, then you film it and maybe it will also take you a couple of takes to get it right, then with good lighting and editing, then upload that to youtube. Even the shots he made in the video after editing he probably tried them so many times and there's just that one time which worked, he'll put it in the video.

Yes, you can say I am not impressed by trick shot players, even the toughest of shots if you do it a gazillion times, it will be easy for you.

I give credit for the ideas though.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to imagine what “more amazing” would look like. I have been watching Florian each time he posts videos and he is a magician.

Semih Sayginger was also quite capable at artistic pool shots and he was a 3C champion, as well. Were there other trick shot artists who made such incredible masse shots prior to Semih?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Said it here many yrs ago he was going to be a rock star , .
I've seen him shooting racks of 9 ball even if he could play top speed why in the world would he he's doing quite well doing what he's doing

demartini rocks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"So does he actually play? "

why? you want to play him some?

I've been following the game since the 90's. the only guy that was a trick shot wiz that could play pool was massey. maybe nevell or earl but both of them are not as high level regarding trick shots.

massey is the babe ruth of trick shots. this venom dude is barry bonds.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
"So does he actually play? "

why? you want to play him some?

I've been following the game since the 90's. the only guy that was a trick shot wiz that could play pool was massey. maybe nevell or earl but both of them are not as high level regarding trick shots.

massey is the babe ruth of trick shots. this venom dude is barry bonds.

I think a better comparison might be:

Massey = Brady

Florian = Mahomes

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
He has some good ideas but I am not a big fan of trick shots.

To me, trick shots are just like Hollywood you keep practice a shot a thousand times, then you film it and maybe it will also take you a couple of takes to get it right, then with good lighting and editing, then upload that to youtube. Even the shots he made in the video after editing he probably tried them so many times and there's just that one time which worked, he'll put it in the video.

Yes, you can say I am not impressed by trick shot players, even the toughest of shots if you do it a gazillion times, it will be easy for you.

I give credit for the ideas though.

You've made it very clear that nobody impresses you and you already know how to be the best - it's just that pesky little problem of actually doing it that's holding your greatness back.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You've made it very clear that nobody impresses you and you already know how to be the best - it's just that pesky little problem of actually doing it that's holding your greatness back.

This isn't a knock, but, he uses special masse tips on his cues right?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Sayginger would be Hammerin’ Hank.

Semih gets my vote.....

And I get a kick out of Tom Rossman also...he enjoys what he’s doing.

But I think Florian shouldn’t be judged as a player....what he does is excellent.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Hard to imagine what “more amazing” would look like. I have been watching Florian each time he posts videos and he is a magician.

Semih Sayginger was also quite capable at artistic pool shots and he was a 3C champion, as well. Were there other trick shot artists who made such incredible masse shots prior to Semih?

of course
https://m.facebook.com/173531969662...://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php&_rdr

https://youtu.be/HHpouckq-kI?t=353

https://youtu.be/R7feMEDqHz8?t=885

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
a different path

I'd say Florian is a lot like Bob Muldon. (Apologies if I abused the spelling of names!) Bob isn't a particularly great competitor but he can do things with a revolver nobody else can. Two shots so fast you can only hear one sound. Five shots faster than you can blink because he has practiced until he can fan a gun with every finger that goes past the hammer. At close range in the old days of gun fighting he would put five in somebody before they blinked!

For all of that, I was only moderately impressed when I saw Bob compete and he didn't win, different skills. I think Florian is probably much the same. He may have better hand eye coordination than anyone in pool but he isn't a trained professional. Without looking at who is on the list I would bet any of the top five on Fargo against Florian in a heartbeat in a standard eight, nine, or ten ball competition. I would be just as fast to bet Florian shooting wingshots.

Different skills don't make Florian better or worse. He has put in the hours and paid the dues to carve his own path out with a cue stick. He isn't Shane, Shane isn't Florian. Two different paths. I enjoy both for what they are.

There was an elderly Asian shooting trick shots. Some commented that they had seen many of the shots before. True, but this was the man that invented them! Gotta give respect where it is due.

Hu