14.1 Break Shot Diary - CueTable Style

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
14.1 Break Shot Diary - CueTable Style

CueTable 5 Pages

OK, I did this on another thread and it got me to thinking. What if a bunch of us add a page or 2 to this and turn this CueTable set into a 14.1 Break Shot Diary or some kind of a how to kind of thing?

I did these 5 break shots already. So if this sounds interesting to participate in at all....Just add a page or adjust something if it looks wrong and we will keep going and see how many pages it can become and how complete we can get this.

If you are going to work on it, you might post something like "Diary Checked Out" and then when you are done editing it and are posting the revised version put, "Diary Returned." I suppose we should use titles on each page and any helpful tips that are needed.

Anyway, here it is...let's see what we can do with it!

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
Man, I though this was a really good idea, but I guess we didn't get any participation so far...what a bummer. :( Oh well, threads can last a hell of a long time....Maybe someday!

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
it should come to end someday, there are not so many typical break shots. I'm considering about adding some side pocket breaks from Grady's tape.

cuetable

Line Up Your Best Shot!
Silver Member
Hi Donovan

As long as you believe it's a good thing and you are having fun, keep it going.. I personally think it is cool for people to save a collection of shots and to share with others honestly. Think of pool as an art expression or a kung-fu style, everyone should have their own voice and share their own chop-chop's!

I have just added another one (page 8), it might not be the best to have but it is a break shot...

Breakshot Diary

Imo perhaps we should also add some the important points in each shot and some possible outcomes..

Last edited:

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Great idea Donovan! Anyone want to add the "head spot" break (when you leave the last object ball in the rack)?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donovan said:
Man, I though this was a really good idea, but I guess we didn't get any participation so far...what a bummer. :( Oh well, threads can last a hell of a long time....Maybe someday!

Grady had a good tape on break shots. I wrote down little diagrams of each one (maybe 20?) but don't have them on hand. Also, reproducing them kind of feels like stealing his tape. I know he posts around the net and wonder if he would object? In any case, your library will eventually have all of them anyway.

Dan

jondrums

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donovan-
nice diagrams - I think the cue ball path helps really describe the breakshots well.

you might check out this thread:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=58002

especially post #3. I printed this out and stuck it in my cue case - there's a few break shots in there that I've never tried before. My new favorite is the side pocket shot on the 10 ball! sometime if you get the time, you should incorporate a few of these shots in your diary.
Jon