Buying new cue stick - questions

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve had a Player cue stick from college time, bought it for around $90 or so. It served me ok over the years playing on & off. Mostly off since I don’t play a lot. Now that I owe a table, have a job and a bit of saving for toys, I’m thinking of getting a new cue stick, especially one made for carom in particular.

I’ve done some research for carom cue and run across Lagoni Cue. Looks so nice from photos, specially those $1000 and up with hard cases.

Questions:
- for those who owe one in $1k and up ranges, how and what you like about this brand?
- other than exotic wood and inlaid, is there greater value in better playability in expensive sticks?
- spending the money on these more expensive sticks because they play super (and look good at the same time) or just the look/brand/bragging right only?

I really like some of their sticks in the $1200-$1800 range, some with matching hard cases. That’s quite a bit of money though, no matter how you look at it. Lol. I see some of the models go for $4/5/6/7k too.

What’s other brands are comparable?

Thanks.

Pnguyengiap

Registered
I’ve had a Player cue stick from college time, bought it for around $90 or so. It served me ok over the years playing on & off. Mostly off since I don’t play a lot. Now that I owe a table, have a job and a bit of saving for toys, I’m thinking of getting a new cue stick, especially one made for carom in particular.

I’ve done some research for carom cue and run across Lagoni Cue. Looks so nice from photos, specially those $1000 and up with hard cases.

Questions:
- for those who owe one in $1k and up ranges, how and what you like about this brand?
- other than exotic wood and inlaid, is there greater value in better playability in expensive sticks?
- spending the money on these more expensive sticks because they play super (and look good at the same time) or just the look/brand/bragging right only?

I really like some of their sticks in the $1200-$1800 range, some with matching hard cases. That’s quite a bit of money though, no matter how you look at it. Lol. I see some of the models go for $4/5/6/7k too.

What’s other brands are comparable?

Thanks.

You can inbox me so I can tell you easier we are Vietnamese
Anh nhắn tin vô số Điện thoại của em đi em chỉ cho 571320 80 tám mươi

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had Ron Kilby make a carom shaft for my South West. Price was around $125 and I am happy with the shaft. I did not want to spend hundreds on a new cue I might not like.
Having a cue maker to make a carom shaft for your playing cue could be a cheaper option. Good Luck with whatever you decide