Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Never going to another Super Billiards Expo.
Page 3 of 7 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-16-2018, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreMoney View Post
I agree 100 % and let's put this in perspective for any of those that don't already know ---- $20 stinkin bucks lololol!!!!! Yup, $20 bucks is all that is in question here that folks are crying over! That's nearly just a couple good coffees, 10 mega millions or power ball tickets etc ( just trying to relate it to the things we spend money on every day and don't think twice about it much less ***** about it lol ).

Ps- that $20 bucks is for when someone goofed and left / lost their badge. I would be elated if any / all my goofs only cost me $20 !!!! Lolol��
Can I hold a 20?

Old
  (#32)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

04-16-2018, 03:51 AM

I would be annoyed with myself..then paid it. Forgetfulness has cost me more then that in my life time thats for sure. Lol

Player........... road line/ 12.9 revo shaft

Break cue.... bk3

jump cue..... Fury

Case............ jack justis, predator butterfly , original It's George

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#33)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

04-16-2018, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
I would be annoyed with myself..then paid it. Forgetfulness has cost me more then that in my life time thats for sure. Lol
That's what my buddy did. It was a cheap $20 lesson, but he remembered the pass from then on.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#34)
BmoreMoney
AzB Silver Member
BmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond repute

04-16-2018, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Poolnut View Post
Can I hold a 20?
Sure ya can, no worries! Vig fiddy a weeky☺

Old
  (#35)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

04-16-2018, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
I feel your pain but -- no ticket (badge), no entry -- is life in the real world.

The problem is you blew it and that is not the venue's problem. Particularly if the venue entry was as swamped as you describe. If they try and make an exception for you, they have to do it for the next guy with a problem and it becomes a nightmare. I suppose at a small event, provisions could be made but rules are and should be rules.

Here in Missouri they hold an annual state championship, with the proviso that you must show a valid MO ID when you show up. One year a very well known MO cue maker and former room owner forgot his license. *Everyone* knew this guy and all were willing to vouch for him but the tournament officials said: the rules are the rules and if we make an exception for one guy, we are looking at an endless line of guys also wanting their exception.

Lou Figueroa
Any business that can't adapt to such a customer's needs has a bad culture and will be harmed by it. Stephen Covey speak of this mindset often. Business is about serving the customer, not about strict rule following that reduces the customer's experience.

If that was me, good-bye forever. The OP has a valid point.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#36)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

04-16-2018, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
A relatively simple solution to some of this is to require everyone (except the pro players while playing) to display their badges at all times. Anyone with no badge gets walked to the door.

It's easy enough for one buddy to carry five badges out to the parking lot and meet the rest of his friends.

Last edited by garczar; 04-16-2018 at 04:50 AM.

Old
  (#37)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

04-16-2018, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff View Post
Any business that can't adapt to such a customer's needs has a bad culture and will be harmed by it. Stephen Covey speak of this mindset often. Business is about serving the customer, not about strict rule following that reduces the customer's experience.

If that was me, good-bye forever. The OP has a valid point.

Jeff Livingston
Because you have the mind set that business can afford to get ripped off by people and survive ...and then scratch your head when they go out of business and donít understand why. Believe me I see it every day..for some reason if your a business people donít consider it stealing when they demand you give them money or product for free and if itís their fault. It is stealing..

Player........... road line/ 12.9 revo shaft

Break cue.... bk3

jump cue..... Fury

Case............ jack justis, predator butterfly , original It's George

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#38)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

04-16-2018, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashmouth View Post
cash grab always
LOL.

Entry to the Amateur Open is 100 bucks and includes your entry to the show for all 4 days.

Entry to some of the other events are cheaper then that and still include your entry to the show for all 4 days.

Entry to the show is 20 bucks a day.

So there are literally thousands of people getting in for all 4 days for just 20 bucks, or even nothing at all since it is included with their entry.

Name another pool tournament, pro or amateur that pays 9 to 1 on the money for cashing.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#39)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

04-16-2018, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
Because you have the mind set that business can afford to get ripped off by people and survive ...and then scratch your head when they go out of business and donít understand why. Believe me I see it every day..for some reason if your a business people donít consider it stealing when they demand you give them money or product for free and if itís their fault. It is stealing..
Nothing was to be given free.

It was about serving a paying customer who proved he had paid but was turned away (!!!) because he didn't follow an exact rule that was meant to keep out the bums, etc. But he had proved he wasn't such a bum, so why NOT let him in and keep him happy.

This thread is but one example of the damage done to the business model. If the owners want that damage, they can stick to their rules and have more of it.

I've been in business for over 36 years now and I know about customer relations and how to ruin those by anal thinking. I made such mistakes and learned from those.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#40)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

04-16-2018, 05:21 AM

Quote:

I've been in business for over 36 years now and I know about customer relations and how to ruin those by anal thinking. I made such mistakes and learned from those.

Jeff Livingston
I have no clue what you do but with being in business that long I'm going to assume (and possibly make an ass out of myself) that you were not in the Pool industry.

So how many customers a day did you get trying to get something for nothing from you on a daily basis? Because it is probably upward of 100 at the doors to the expo (or anything other pool event) on any given day.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#41)
chefjeff
No sides, only players

04-16-2018, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon of Sin View Post
I have no clue what you do but with being in business that long I'm going to assume (and possibly make an ass out of myself) that you were not in the Pool industry.

So how many customers a day did you get trying to get something for nothing from you on a daily basis? Because it is probably upward of 100 at the doors to the expo (or anything other pool event) on any given day.
The OP didn't try to get "something for nothing," (why this myth is sticking in this thread, I don't know).

None of my customers, with possible a few exceptions, tried to get something for nothing. But a few couldn't or didn't follow the "rules" for ordering online, or whatever, and I HELPED THEM GET THROUGH THE PROCESS, so they could get their stuff and be happy. I certainly didn't just say: "YOU figure it out and just follow the instructions you dishonest hack trying to get something for nothing." It's hard enough GETTING customers, but mindlessly and lazily throwing them to the competition is really stupid business.

The (former) customer and the owners can do anything they want, so I hope each is happy with that. That's business in action.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#42)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Yahoo to cardiac kid  
04-16-2018, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Nothing was to be given free.

It was about serving a paying customer who proved he had paid but was turned away (!!!) because he didn't follow an exact rule that was meant to keep out the bums, etc. But he had proved he wasn't such a bum, so why NOT let him in and keep him happy.

This thread is but one example of the damage done to the business model. If the owners want that damage, they can stick to their rules and have more of it.

Jeff Livingston
Jeff,

Please check the front page of the Super Billiards Expo website. Note how many years Allen has run this incredible event. What is he doing wrong? He filled a 1024 player Amateur Open. Filled a 384 player Senior Open. Filled a 128 player Super Senior Open. Filled the Women's event. Filled the Junior event. Filled both the Men's and Women's Pro events. Yes, the vendor area was somewhat smaller than other years. Even the TAP event that runs concurrently was overflowing. What the hell is wrong with his business plan? As another poster mentioned, bet you're not in the billiards business!!!!!!

What ever happened to personal accountability?

Lyn

Playing Cue - Sort of Straight
Break Cue - Broken
Jump Cue - Looks Great in my Case!
Wrap - None
Tip - Only When the Service AND Food are Good
Case - JB Cases 4 x 8 Custom Case. Joe Porper Vinyl 2 x 4 (Vegas). Joe Porper 2 x 4 Leather for storage (OK, it's empty)

Nicknames - Dead Money, Salamander, Tomato Can, Weekend Warrior, Short Stop, Banger, Ron Casanzio Wannabe, NIT and the recently added Lamb Slayer in no special order. Wow what a list!

Old
  (#43)
chefjeff
No sides, only players

04-16-2018, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac kid View Post
Jeff,

Please check the front page of the Super Billiards Expo website. Note how many years Allen has run this incredible event. What is he doing wrong? He filled a 1024 player Amateur Open. Filled a 384 player Senior Open. Filled a 128 player Super Senior Open. Filled the Women's event. Filled the Junior event. Filled both the Men's and Women's Pro events. Yes, the vendor area was somewhat smaller than other years. Even the TAP event that runs concurrently was overflowing. What the hell is wrong with his business plan? As another poster mentioned, bet you're not in the billiards business!!!!!!

What ever happened to personal accountability?

Lyn
Nothing is wrong with his plan, but running off good, repeating paying customers might put a dent in it.

I can't believe I'm even having to say this. No wonder pool sucks at its marketing efforts and normal people run from it. wtf is the matter with pool people? They constantly claim they want pool to grow, but then support retarded actions that squelch such growth!

Again, each one can do what he wants, but not without consequences. That's all I'm trying to say here.

I love the expo, even though I've never had the opp to attend it. I think it is one of the premiere things going for the pool world and I wish it all the success it can bring.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#44)
fish on
AzB Silver Member
fish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond reputefish on has a reputation beyond repute

04-16-2018, 07:17 AM

kids are free! players admissions are included for players, any league players get admission discount , lots of discount opportunities still lots of outs coming in propped up doors there ! A tough business to regulate?
!it was the best pro event ever, wish they had some monitors up if possible ,still got to see best of the best ty SBE credit Alan for promoting our sport the best way he can by giving the future players our kids a chance to come and play for free who would do that today ???

Last edited by fish on; 04-16-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Old
  (#45)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Yahoo to cardiac kid  
04-16-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Nothing is wrong with his plan, but running off good, repeating paying customers might put a dent in it.

I can't believe I'm even having to say this. No wonder pool sucks at its marketing efforts and normal people run from it. wtf is the matter with pool people? They constantly claim they want pool to grow, but then support retarded actions that squelch such growth!
Jeff,

Made a margarita for a pool room customer a week or so ago. Poured the mixture into the correct serving glass. Placed the glass before the customer. The customer complained that I shorted him because he always has addition beverage in the aluminum mixing cup. I've made him that drink several times before and he never said a word. There is always nothing left but ice. If I made him an additional drink, the room loses money. It would also say I "cheated" him on all the previous drinks I poured for him. What a dilemma! As a good business person, what would you have done?

Lyn

Playing Cue - Sort of Straight
Break Cue - Broken
Jump Cue - Looks Great in my Case!
Wrap - None
Tip - Only When the Service AND Food are Good
Case - JB Cases 4 x 8 Custom Case. Joe Porper Vinyl 2 x 4 (Vegas). Joe Porper 2 x 4 Leather for storage (OK, it's empty)

Nicknames - Dead Money, Salamander, Tomato Can, Weekend Warrior, Short Stop, Banger, Ron Casanzio Wannabe, NIT and the recently added Lamb Slayer in no special order. Wow what a list!

Page 3 of 7 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: