how are ya'll doing in league ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now I can finish post 2457...had to cut it short at work.

As j said...changes in my personal life has affected how often I play....as a result my level of play seems to be more up and down now than it usually was before.

Looked at my session stats and I find it strange.....par for the course for me most sessions.

I am 5-0 in 9 ball ..highly unusual start for me.

I am 1-4 in 8 ball....again highly unusual. My lone win so far in 8 ball was a highly unusual game for me also. I won 4-0 vs another 5 In 5 innings . 2 of those innings ended in safes y me and had one break and run. It's the bed game I have ever had since I joined apa.

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Half bad Half good?

It was good news bad news.

On the bright side they moved me up to a 7 in eight ball on the down side I went 8-9 (I am on two 8 ball teams) for the season.

As a 7 in nine ball I went 6-2 and finished in 4th place in the division on the down side I lost my last match and had I played better I would have been 7-1 and top shooter.

One of my 8 ball teams is probably in the playoffs and on the downside my other team disintegrated and everyone is joining other teams. Its been a roller coaster...

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was good news bad news.

On the bright side they moved me up to a 7 in eight ball on the down side I went 8-9 (I am on two 8 ball teams) for the season.

As a 7 in nine ball I went 6-2 and finished in 4th place in the division on the down side I lost my last match and had I played better I would have been 7-1 and top shooter.

One of my 8 ball teams is probably in the playoffs and on the downside my other team disintegrated and everyone is joining other teams. Its been a roller coaster...

Sounds like you are doing pretty good. Sometimes when you are 1st raised can be mixed emotions. Feel good about being a higher level but its a downer when you lose close games that you would have won if you were still at your previous level.

I recall when I was raised to a 5 in 9 ball I went winless the entire session .yep ..lost 11in a row. Quite a few of those matches would have been wins had I still been a 4.

Sounds lil your experience with teams is similar to mine.

Have one team that went down to 4 players and it hurt us in 8 ball tri cups Las weekend. Even worse than that is this same team has been qualified for 9 ball ltc's for the last 2 sessions. This team does not have a prayer in ltc's with just 4 players

On the flip side I have a 9 ball team I just put together last session. We defeated last years 9 ball champs in 4 matches in playoffs to qualify for this weekends 9 ball tricups.

Have another 8 ball team qualified for ltc's and I like our chances.

Hopefully one of these teams qualifies for nationals this year.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Started off the summer session of APA with a bang!

Monday night 8-ball, shutout a new to league four, who I've played with before, and is a high four/low 5 when he's on. Hopefully I'll get moved back up to my rightful sl4, but hard to get angry when I went 4-8 last session (ouch).

Tuesday night 9-ball, won 19-1 against a new girl, who will mostly likely be- and stay- a one. I should have skunked her, but I kept playing around on my ipad between my turns, throwing me off my rhythm.

Goal for both games is to win as much as possible, and try to player tougher opponents in 8-ball. Nine-ball my goal is to get my lifetime win % back above 50%.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I stopped playing, team I was on it was tough for me to play. Just played the last 9ball session, ended up as a 8. Would end up a 9, but don't have enough 2's and 3's on team where it makes sense for me to be on team.

Might play Napa in fall.

Kaiser Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I been having problems as a 6 in 8 ball. First let me say I spent all of 3 months as a 5 due to getting raised at singles regionals so I feel like a 5 still. Anyway lately I haven't been able to get the 5th match, last tourney I was up 4-0 and proceeded to lost 5 games... very frustrating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

jtrujillo707

Registered
I'm not doing good I'm in a house league that follows bca rules first match was last week and for whatever reason I was just a little off on my shots.

I was still making some but shots that I would make down the center where rattling in. shot I would normally make but were a little more difficult were rattling out.

Anyway I realized right away I wasn't shootings too well so I played a little safer trying to give my opponent difficult shots I lost two games one I got down to the eight ball and missed the second I still had a ball on the table.

On my third game I said screw it and started playing more aggressive. I made five or six balls then missed, my opponent made two balls and missed .
During the game somehow the 8 got put in the pocket passed the corners of the pocket . Any way so I got down to the eight ball. I couldn't just aim to hit the table and ball at the same time I had to shoot it direct so figured I would shot with a little draw just to make sure I don't follow the ball in... Basically a stun shot with it just coming back a little... I got down on the shot and I don't know why by poked at the ball with a sudden jerk.., I made the 8 ball then the ball hits the corner of the cushion and goes across the short rail and into the pocket .... That's right I scratched on the eight with my opponent still havin five balls on the table .... Ughhhhh ....

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums mobile app

Last edited:

be1163

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Session - New Attitude

Summer session (CPA) starts tonight for 8-Ball and I'm going to try not to be lazy like in the past. When I say lazy what I'm talking about is always trying to win. Pool doesn't come natural for me and I have to put a lot of mental focus into my game, I know what to do and how to do it I just have to keep reminding myself to.

Played a qualifier for regionals last night in 9-Ball and caught myself on many occasions 'not caring' which is basically giving up. Each time I caught myself I corrected my attitude and got back on track.

So in summer session, my goal is to win every match by playing as smart as possible and only going for the win, not just break and runs. I will try and do this in both 8-Ball and 9-Ball when it starts in three weeks.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Won NAPA match 6-1 (6-4 race) playing eight ball Monday.

Won NAPA match 5-1 (5-6 race) playing ten ball on Tuesday.

Won 3 and lost 2 playing BCA eight ball last night.

Playing sober makes a big difference. Now I try to play my match ASAP so I can drink afterward. Ha

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
after an 8 and 2 start last night was like being on the Titanic.
I went 3 and 2. I could do nothing right and got every bad roll in the book.
the only bright spot was the last game I broke and ran out.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Our 9-ball team won the division championship last night, pretty cool.

We were ahead 29-11, they posted their strongest player, an SL6, and it was up to me to not give the lead back. At one point he was up 27-13, but I hung in, and took him to the end. I was breaking with us both needing two points. I dont have a very good 9-ball break.....I broke and the wing ball flew in, the rest of the balls banging around, and the 2-ball heads into the corner.....and stops, hanging over the edge.

Of course I have to kick the length of the table at the 1, and miss. (Not an easy kick but one I should have made, I was more disappointed at that than the hanger)

Still, that made it a 12-8 split, we won easily after that. A good night.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As per the norm for me....its been a roller coaster week.

Wed night 8 ball I got shut out 5-0

Wed night 9 ball they dumped a 2 on me. One of those games nothing goes right. I broke and made a ball but could not get on the one. She gets bih...makes a couple and misses leaving me hooked. Gets bih...makes a couple and leaves me hooked. Rinse and repeat the entire match.

Thur night 9 ball I face a 7 who is my Tue night 8 ball team captain. I won that match 12-8..

Have 9 ball tri cups this weekend.....hope to have something good to post :grin-square:

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck, lorider. I'm in NYC, missing divisional playoffs, but we were top heavy anyway.

Think I'll go to Steinway Billiards tonight. I'll say hi to Earl for you all.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck, lorider. I'm in NYC, missing divisional playoffs, but we were top heavy anyway.

Ask him what kind of ass weights he recommends for an apa 5..thinking bout getting me some if it would help become a 7 . :grin-square:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well I have good news and bad news to report concerning 9 ball tri cups.

Bad news...we went 2 and out .

Good news is I played pretty awesome. 18-2 in first match. 13- 7 in 2nd match.

I already have 1 team each in 8 and 9 ball ltc's. I have one more chance getting another team In each with the bed of the rest tourney coming up next.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Had a pretty good night at 9-ball league last night. Playing another SL5, one that I've had good battles with over the years. He's probably gotten the better of me the last several times we've played.

We trade off, back and forth, and after a particular rack, he's up 22-20. (Dead balls from an early 9.)

I got the next 18 points. Not all in a run, mind you, but he didn't score again the rest of the match. I won 16-4.

I didn't realize any of that until it was over. I try to not hear the score, if at all possible. I don't get all worked up if someone does say it loud enough for me to hear, I just prefer to not know if possible.

I've felt better playing during my last few matches, I'm hoping that carries on this session. It would be nice to make some real progress for a change.