how are ya'll doing in league ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok...started off rough yesterday, playing an SL5, so they needed 38 and I needed 46. When they were up 18-17, I woke up and went on a 29-5 run. Won 46-23. Boom.

I posted on here a week or so back about being down 34-15 in a 38-38 race. I went on a shooting spree and scored 23-3 to win 38-37.

Your 29-5 shooting spree beat that. Great shooting.

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted on here a week or so back about being down 34-15 in a 38-38 race. I went on a shooting spree and scored 23-3 to win 38-37.

Your 29-5 shooting spree beat that. Great shooting.

My last match, messed up a break and run was up 6-4. Won 55-9 narrowly missing my first ever 20-0 against a really good 5. 49-4 run was the best I can recall I ever shot. Had a BnR and a 9os for my first mini slam too. Hope I shoot like that in Vegas for singles in May.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My last match, messed up a break and run was up 6-4. Won 55-9 narrowly missing my first ever 20-0 against a really good 5. 49-4 run was the best I can recall I ever shot. Had a BnR and a 9os for my first mini slam too. Hope I shoot like that in Vegas for singles in May.
That's super strong, right there.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played agood match of nine ball this week against a strong 4, won 5-1, then my eight ball match happened, lost to a player I feel is slightly behind me, honestly felt really disappointed, missed several easy shots trying to get perfect shape when I didnt need it...so now 8-3 in 9 and 7-2 in 8 ball for the session.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ugh..i had to play an sl4 (i'm a 6)...31-46 race.

I started strong with a break n run. I went up 17-3.

then the wheels came off and he shot great. got creamed, 31-34.

ugh

Last edited:

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beat the number one 6 in our league 5-2. I had one BnR, made a great run out on another but made the 8 and scratched (would have been a 2nd) and had a table roll cost me a 3rd BnR. I've never had two in one match, and should've had three this match. Feel like my game is on the verge of breaking through a plateau. So close.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had family come.in from out of town so I have not had a chance to post.

Been a crazy week and a half for me.

I.mentioned when I quoted some one else that I was raised to a 6 in 9 ball week.before last.

Thursday before last was my 1st match as a 6 this time. Lost 42-19 to a 2.

Friday night lost to a 4 by 31-37. He could do.no wrong. He made every shot a 4 should make and quite a few shots only efren could make..

I decided to play in an 8 ball board qualifier Saturday last week. Shoulda just saved my money and stayed home. First match I shot awesome winning 4-0 vs another 5. Then my game went down hill. I faced another 5 and I shot bad and he shot good. I lost 4-2. I shot even worse the 3rd match losing 3-2 vs a 4.

Sunday after noon I played masters. I won both matches .....7-6 vs a 6 and 7-3 vs a 7. In both matches i jumped out ahead 4-1 in 8 ball and finished out the set in 9 ball.It's just friggin puzzling how I can shoot so crappy Saturday and shoot so well Sunday.

Let me rephrase that. Shoot so well Sunday after noon.

Sunday night double jeapordy I lost 9 ball 19 - 37 vs a 2.

Friday night I won 8 ball 5-0 vs a 2 and lost 65-35 in 9 ball vs an 8.

Tonight I won 8 ball 4-3 vs a 6.

As usual my 9 ball game has went to hell but my 8 ball game seems to be picking up...aside from that terrible showing in that board qualifier.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
worst slump ever for me; I have lost 7 of last 8 matches. Totally bummed and don't really know what's wrong. Sad times.

Last edited:

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I am still stinking it up in 9 but playing lights out in 8. A 3 got pissed at me yesterday because I played a safety on him. I just laughed but he was seriously upset about it. LMAO

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had another 18-2 win this week in 9 ball. I didn't get to play 8 ball singles. But I did get to play doubles 8 ball. My partner and I won rackless too.

On another note my 9 ball ranking finally went up. Really happy about that, plus I didn't mess up the team badly. We had 2 people go down. So it's all good.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Won in 8 ball this week, Started off with an 8 ball break, that is always fun, then beat the guy 4-0 for a rackless...Nine ball I shot lights out, until the nine, I made 16 balls and LOST 2-0 to a 2, missed only three shots...crazy stupid how that happens. Now 8-2 in eight and 8-4 in nine...guess no MVP this session, but shooting is back on track, had a run of three weeks there where I thought that I would never find my stroke again...thank God that is over

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Monday night double jeapordy....i faced a 5 in 8 ball and won 4-0. It was a rackless.

I played the same guy in 9 ball and lost 38-45 in a 38-46 race.

Thursday night 9 ball I faced a 3. A match I can't forget soon enough. It was ugly..25-26 loss . She could do no wrong and I could do no right. I played 5 safes and she kicked out of every one of them successfully. Not only making legal contact but made a ball every time. Cross table kicks...full table licks...2 rail kicks...it did not matter....she was just firing them in.

Friday night I just played 8 ball. Won 4-0 vs a 6 and it was another rackless

Tonight we played the same team twice cause one was a makeup.

Won 8 ball 4-3 vs a 6.

My first 9 ball match I played as a 5 because that was what I was rated at when this match was originally scheduled. I faced a 7 and won 38-52 with the last rack being a break and run by me.

The 2 ND 9 ball match I faced their other 7 and I played as a 6. I won that one also by a score of 46-52. It is my first win as a 6 this time after losing 5 in a row since being raised.

My 9 ball game has really picked up the last 5 matches and I hope my 9 ball game continues like it did tonight.

Unbelievable beating 2 - 7's tonight after that ugly loss to a 3 four nights ago. But then that's nothing new for me lol

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Monday night double jeapordy....i faced a 5 in 8 ball and won 4-0. It was a rackless.

I played the same guy in 9 ball and lost 38-45 in a 38-46 race.

Thursday night 9 ball I faced a 3. A match I can't forget soon enough. It was ugly..25-26 loss . She could do no wrong and I could do no right. I played 5 safes and she kicked out of every one of them successfully. Not only making legal contact but made a ball every time. Cross table kicks...full table licks...2 rail kicks...it did not matter....she was just firing them in.

Friday night I just played 8 ball. Won 4-0 vs a 6 and it was another rackless

Tonight we played the same team twice cause one was a makeup.

Won 8 ball 4-3 vs a 6.

My first 9 ball match I played as a 5 because that was what I was rated at when this match was originally scheduled. I faced a 7 and won 38-52 with the last rack being a break and run by me.

The 2 ND 9 ball match I faced their other 7 and I played as a 6. I won that one also by a score of 46-52. It is my first win as a 6 this time after losing 5 in a row since being raised.

My 9 ball game has really picked up the last 5 matches and I hope my 9 ball game continues like it did tonight.

Unbelievable beating 2 - 7's tonight after that ugly loss to a 3 four nights ago. But then that's nothing new for me lol
Nice work. I won last night, for only the 2nd time in 10 weeks. Worst slump ever,but I think it's over.

Beat a 7, 46-45. This salvaged a tie for my team, which we needed badly.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice work. I won last night, for only the 2nd time in 10 weeks. Worst slump ever,but I think it's over.

Beat a 7, 46-45. This salvaged a tie for my team, which we needed badly.

Nice shooting. My captain threw me out 8 ball tonight and as i was putting my cues together I looked over at the opponents table and i saw the captain and another player kinda wrestling around in a friendly way. Curiosity got the best of me and I asked their co captin what's going on. She says their fighting over who is gonna play you. I am pretty friendly with both of those players and one of them is a team mate on my Friday team.

I laughed and said dang....there is 2 ways of looking at it .

1 they both think they can get an easy win off me

2. They just like playing me cause its always a tough battle.

She says....i highly doubt they think you are an easy win. I just laughed and watched till one said ok....you play him. I won 4-1. Shoulda been 4-0 but I dogged an 8 once and they ran out. Didn't play 9 ball tonight.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played a 3 in 9 ball, won 5-0 for a rackless, didnt shoot real well but did have a 9 ball break and a couple of good runs.

Different story in 8 ball...played a really solid 4, went 1-0 on a mediocre safety, got to 1-2, him on the hill, he broke dry I ran out, I broke dry, he missed then I ran out, I broke 2 stripes down, played a solid, then a lock up safety, he missed and I ran out. This match was truly the first one since I joined the league where I felt like I played to my true ability.

Most importantly we won 3-2 in 8 ball leaving us 1 match behind first place and 4-1 in 9 ball making us 2 games out in front in first place going into a double header next week.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a interesting 8 ball match. Remember too, that 8 ball just is NOT my thing. Playing APA doubles.
I had to play one of our singles matches during the night. I had to play someone and spot them a rack.
I have been playing decent and I wasn't worried. Plus last time we played in 9 ball I crushed this guy.

I broke.., Dry break. He ran most of the balls and then hooked me. I lost the first rack and the next one to put him on hill.
I really thought it just wasn't my night and the guy was going to whip me. He ran most of his ball on the 3rd rack in our race 3 to 4.
He missed the 8 ball and I ran my balls out and the 8.

Then I won another rack and felt like maybe he had just let me HANG AROUND too long. So 2 to 2 with him being on hill.
I break and for the first time the 8 ball goes in for me on the break. Hill Hill. I go to break again.., 8 ball straight to the top right corner and I look down at the end of the table as the cueball also goes in.

It was a loss..., But I feel pretty good about my come back.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a interesting 8 ball match. Remember too, that 8 ball just is NOT my thing. Playing APA doubles.
I had to play one of our singles matches during the night. I had to play someone and spot them a rack.
I have been playing decent and I wasn't worried. Plus last time we played in 9 ball I crushed this guy.

I broke.., Dry break. He ran most of the balls and then hooked me. I lost the first rack and the next one to put him on hill.
I really thought it just wasn't my night and the guy was going to whip me. He ran most of his ball on the 3rd rack in our race 3 to 4.
He missed the 8 ball and I ran my balls out and the 8.

Then I won another rack and felt like maybe he had just let me HANG AROUND too long. So 2 to 2 with him being on hill.
I break and for the first time the 8 ball goes in for me on the break. Hill Hill. I go to break again.., 8 ball straight to the top right corner and I look down at the end of the table as the cueball also goes in.

It was a loss..., But I feel pretty good about my come back.

Those type matches are a bummer. Just curious....was you breaking 2nd ball from the side ?

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those type matches are a bummer. Just curious....was you breaking 2nd ball from the side ?

I was and on the last break. I think I must have put more side spin. It the hit the rail and made it through traffic to the opposite lower corner. I have never used that break. But earlier in the session a 7 beat me using it. So I thought I would give it a try.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was and on the last break. I think I must have put more side spin. It the hit the rail and made it through traffic to the opposite lower corner. I have never used that break. But earlier in the session a 7 beat me using it. So I thought I would give it a try.

It's great when it works but it can come back and bite you sometimes lol. I quit using that break because of the same reason.

When I posted I had a rackless Friday night it was the singles portion of scotch doubles also. Like you I did not play 9 ball that night.

I played doubles with a 4 who I had never partnered with before and we won 4-0. Our 4 also won 8 ball vs another 4 by 3-0. When it was all said and done 8 ball 9-0. We also won 9 ball but I dont remember the score.

I am debating dropping this team she the singles division starts but man I think we have a good team..... Not good enough to qualify for Vegas but a good team never the less