how are ya'll doing in league ?

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best night in a long time. Regaining my old form.
USAPL using FargoRate I won 70-10

One break and run, should have been two but I got careless.
One win zip and one table run.

Koop - one week at a time

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
And that was.....?????

Maniac

Still pretty bad, lol.. I'm not gonna go there. I've played next to no 14.1, but I do have around a 50-something run in the few months I've been playing very sporadically.

I'm on a weight loss mission before I play the next league session, so I can play my best. Practice will also be more structured, as I've won my last 4 league sessions between Germany and Colorado.. Not looking to break that streak.

Plus, need to lose a lot of weight before going back to DCC in January. Even with distractions and almost no practice, I had Scott Frost down 5-0, 6-0 in back to back games in our One pocket match. This made my wife insist that I lose weight, practice more, and go back...

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
after 4 weeks I am 18 wins 2 loses.
i am also 2 skill levels above everyone else.
but they dont seem to mind as far as i know.can they throw me out of league?
the teams are handicapped so it shouldn't matter.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
after 4 weeks I am 18 wins 2 loses.
i am also 2 skill levels above everyone else.
but they dont seem to mind as far as i know.can they throw me out of league?
the teams are handicapped so it shouldn't matter.

The rules state you can play apa as long as you are not a pro.

What do the people in your league say about your level of play ? Does anyone complain that you are too good to play ?

I once had a player that several complained he was too good to play in apa. Many complained to the lo during our cities but the lo did never kicked him out. The fella just quit playing pool entirely after our cities. No league....no gambling or any tournaments at all. Just up and quit. I have talked to him a few times about coming back to my team but he says he has no interest in playing pool at all. He even had a room owner tell him...right in front of me that he would sponsor him in tournaments ... The boy is that good.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
The rules state you can play apa as long as you are not a pro.

With an 18-2 record in 4 weeks of play, I'm not so sure he's playing in the APA. Sounds more like the BCA league I played in years ago where you played all 5 members of the opponents team one game each night for a total of 5 games played for the night.

Maniac

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 8 ball team lost this past weekend in our Vegas qualifier. It came down to the very last ball of the very last rack. It was really disheartening.

But on a happy note...., my 9 ball team makes a run at it this weekend. I am really tired of my local APA office doing these on Holiday Weekends. It's getting ridiculous. Luckily we had a few players who changed their plans to be able to play. Let's hope it all works out. I want to go to Vegas again.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a pretty good night in TAP, 8 ball I beat a 5 4 to 1, the 1 was an eight ball break that I made the 8 ball and scratched. 28 completions 3 misses and 1 defense as well as one break and run and one rack and run (after the early 8 ball). Nine ball beat a 2 4 to 1...had a 9 ball break but nothing else spectacular...couple of 7 ball runs but the inning count was up there. Last week of session, going back to my old team next session...should be interesting

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading some of the posts on here, I just may have to return to playing League. I've been playing 9-Ball & "Golf" on a Snooker Table, with Pool Balls, but that's only 2-3 nights a week.

I need to get out more, to keep myself moving... I'll be 76 in 4 months

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading some of the posts on here, I just may have to return to playing League. I've been playing 9-Ball & "Golf" on a Snooker Table, with Pool Balls, but that's only 2-3 nights a week.

I need to get out more, to keep myself moving... I'll be 76 in 4 months

There is a gentleman about your age that started coming to our weekly tournament, he played when he was younger and just started playing again a few years ago. He is a smart player, shoots well, and curses like a sailor LOL

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 8 ball team lost this past weekend in our Vegas qualifier. It came down to the very last ball of the very last rack. It was really disheartening.

But on a happy note...., my 9 ball team makes a run at it this weekend. I am really tired of my local APA office doing these on Holiday Weekends. It's getting ridiculous. Luckily we had a few players who changed their plans to be able to play. Let's hope it all works out. I want to go to Vegas again.

My Sunday 8 ball team won tri cups but....i don't see us having a snowballs chance in hell of winning cities.

My Sunday 9 ball team finally qualified for cities in thus weekends best of the rest tournament.

For those if you not familiar with best of the rest. Its a one day tournament for all the teams that played in any of the years tri cups and failed to qualify for ltc. Its a single elimination....3 man team with a max handicap of 14.

8 ball was saturday which I did not Play cause we already qualified . 9 ball started Sunday at 10:00 am with my Sunday team. We win the first round 36-4 in 2 matches and I did not have to play. Second round was the finals for our bracket at 12:00 and we won that match also and move on to ltc.

My thursday 9 ball team started play at 3:00 with me losing 13-7 to a 6. I was ahead until I broke dry the 4th rack and he ran the table. I never change uld catch up. Our other 5 beat a 4 by 13-7 so we were tied at 20-20 going into the 3rd and last match. Our 4 lost to another 4 31-29. So I guess we try again next year.

I left there and went to my regular league night which starts at 6:00. I played another 5 in 8 ball and lost 4-3. I played a 7 in 9 ball and win 13-7. He played grew but I had a few lucky rolls.

Real long day for me.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn Buddy..., That was a long day. Out Cities for 9 ball start Friday Night and resume Saturday morning at 9am. Looking forward to a lot of pool over the weekend. I sure hope we pull it out.

Good luck to you my friend. I hope we can pull off either 8 or 9 ball . Don't really matter as long as one of them wins. Lol

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck to you my friend. I hope we can pull off either 8 or 9 ball . Don't really matter as long as one of them wins. Lol

Thanks Pal.. If we win. I'll post it Sunday Night. :) Hope you guys pull out a win too. Hopefully we won't play each other in Vegas.

stevenw00d

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our In-House 8-ball league ended last week. We managed to finish 1st, which is great. The match was already decided when I had to play a SL2 (7-3 race). It was late, I was distracted and had a hard time focusing. We went hill-hill, and I missed an easy shot to set myself up for the 8. She was on the 8, so she had a straight in shot to win. Dumb mistake on my part, I play a safe there instead and there is no way she wins. I don't really care, but it did screw my perfect season, so I ended up 8-1 for the season (and went from a SL4 to an SL8 during the season.)

Our next session starts the first week of June. I'll be doing 9-ball on Sunday and 8-ball on Tuesday (both in-house).

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our In-House 8-ball league ended last week. We managed to finish 1st, which is great. The match was already decided when I had to play a SL2 (7-3 race). It was late, I was distracted and had a hard time focusing. We went hill-hill, and I missed an easy shot to set myself up for the 8. She was on the 8, so she had a straight in shot to win. Dumb mistake on my part, I play a safe there instead and there is no way she wins. I don't really care, but it did screw my perfect season, so I ended up 8-1 for the season (and went from a SL4 to an SL8 during the season.)

Our next session starts the first week of June. I'll be doing 9-ball on Sunday and 8-ball on Tuesday (both in-house).

Good job moving up in SL.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
We had a bye for the last week of last session. Didn't make the playoffs, so we had the following two weeks off.... New session started this week, the team we were scheduled to play dropped out. No 8-ball for 4 weeks in a row....sheesh.

At least our 9-ball team plays tonight.

stevenw00d

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks. I don't think I deserve to be a SL8, and I'm sure I will move down. We confirmed that they had entered me as an unknown SL4 instead of a ranked SL4 when I started the league. This allowed my rank to change a lot faster than it should. I think I will settle in as a SL6 and be competitive there. In our local APA I think I would be a low level SL6 if I was still playing.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a good night at 9 ball league last night. I won 17-3 vs another 5. Our other 5 won 18-2 vs another 5. Good night for our team.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am just curious how some of you guys are playing and hoe some people respond without this going to another league bashing thread. feel free to respond no matter what league.

i was playing 5 times a week and cut out fri night scotch doubles double jeapordy last session. i just finished up in house bcapl points based money league and also dropping it too.

it seemed like i was just getting wore out playing so much and working 5 days a week also.

i play sunday night apa double jeapordy, tue night apa 8 ball travel and sat napa. i am captain of the sunday night and sat napa teams.

i started out slow on sun night 9 ball losing my 1st 3.. winning 1 .. losing 1 and then winning my last 6 in a row. i have really come on strong lately beating a 7 by a score of 17-3 and 2 5's both by a score of 18-2. my co-captain asked me to sit out last sun night 9 ball because he is afraid of me going up to a 6 in playoffs lol. with him just being raised to a 9 and us just losing our 1 who quit he is afraid of us not making the 23 limit.

sun night 8 ball i have not been doing too good. record of 4-6 so far with me winning last sun night against another tough 5 by a score of 4-3. i was on the verge of losing until he rattled the pocket on his last ball with me on the 8 which i made with no problem.

last night on my travel team i faced a 5 ...winning 4-2 in 10 innings with 1 break and run. i have not played 8 ball that good in a while.

well i look forward to my sat napa league where i will probably gat my ass kicked like i normally do. a lot of real good players in that league... what wins i have gotten did not come easy.

i would love to hear how some of you guys are doing.
I'm still fairly new to the game, only been playing about a year but working hard to get better and play 4-5 times per week for an hour or 2. I got talked into an APA league team last session and had a wonderful time playing both 8 and 9-ball divisions. I was hoping to win as many as I lost first session and played about .500 in 8-ball but won 9 of 11 in 9-ball so was very pleased. Charleston is one of the biggest APA markets in the country and we made it to the city tournament which starts soon. The things I don't love are the locations that still allow smoking, which can start to burn you eyes in the middle of a match, and how late some of the games go. You end up sitting around from 7:00 until almost midnight sometimes before you get to leave. Overall I really enjoy it and look forward to league night.