mezz vs predator

chancen it

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried a couple of ld shafts lately ,jacoby and revo 12.9. I had an older mezz with the 700 shaft on it,but wanted an upgrade on shaft and cue .I have read all reviews on here and wanted an opinion on mezz expro vs preds vantage. I did like the revo but was offered a good price to sell.They are back ordered for months.These two shafts maybe apples to oranges but I have no way to try them out.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried a couple of ld shafts lately ,jacoby and revo 12.9. I had an older mezz with the 700 shaft on it,but wanted an upgrade on shaft and cue .I have read all reviews on here and wanted an opinion on mezz expro vs preds vantage. I did like the revo but was offered a good price to sell.They are back ordered for months.These two shafts maybe apples to oranges but I have no way to try them out.

billardwarehouse.com

Keith

samiun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have mezz axi for 2 years and it's not my main playing cue. First I want to order a predator cue with revo 12.4, but the dealer won't have that before April. So I ordered the expro and replace my current mezz shaft (wx700). I feel more feedback, less deflection, and less stiff than hybrid pro 2 (I didn't like stiff shaft because predator is my first ld shaft years ago). Now it's my main playing cue, but still it's personal preferences as it have 12,5mm vs 12,9mm on the vantage. For me, go with expro or the revo shaft if you dont mind the look and the feel of the shaft. IMO

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you’re considering the vantage then I would recommend the Mezz alpha hybrid @ 12.8. I’ve owned the ex pro, wx 700, hybrid pro 2 & alpha hybrid from Mezz & I’ve owned a vantage. The vantage was my least favorite. I my main player is a Schon STL5 w/a 30” mezz hybrid pro2. The ex pro is a awesome shaft but not for everyone. Give the alpha or hp2 a good look .

chancen it

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
update

I tried a lot of the newer shafts out there and ended up with a mezz with the wx 900 shaft. I did like the expro but for the money the 900 worked for me.Nice taper and a 12mm size.

Poolboss1030

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vantage has the low delfection almost that of a revo but with more feel to the shaft. Would recommend vantage for sure