Chinese 8-ball event in LA

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this a first time thing for them? Maybe they do not know how to go about things when doing an event in the US. Honestly, I was way more focued on the American 14.1 to even care about this. and I like Chinese 8 ball.

interesting to see gareth potts making the trip. I know the answer would be no, but someone should ask him if he plans on making the trip to the us international 9 ball open. that would make for some interesting betting lines.

Unlikely, he’s contracted to play in Joy events (so I presume he’s playing because he has to, rather than wants to)!

He’s publicly stated he has no interest in 9-Ball, so that would be a long shot!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Duel on NOW..........

Go to CESL FB page. Joy Chinese Pool South Africa is the full name but CESL works too.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This event may be more about the Chinese having a presence, a foot print, in the USA
than it is promoting a sport. The Chinese for the most part only play one game, they win.
With the event billboard they produced I'm thinking POTUS is in their head.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This event may be more about the Chinese having a presence, a foot print, in the USA
than it is promoting a sport. The Chinese for the most part only play one game, they win.
With the event billboard they produced I'm thinking POTUS is in their head.
And here i thought it was a qualifier for a larger event. I guess the political/psych. warfare aspect just flew straight over my head. Thanks for the insight. Seriously, WTF? Manchurian Candidate meets The Color of Money??????????

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And here i thought it was a qualifier for a larger event. I guess the political/psych. warfare aspect just flew straight over my head. Thanks for the insight. Seriously, WTF? Manchurian Candidate meets The Color of Money??????????

:smile: ha, that would have lots of possibilities...

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It looks like Deuel beat Li Zheng today and SVB beat Ye Jianqiu (yesterday?)

Who is still in? Are current brackets to be found anywhere?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just realized that among other problems, this event was scheduled on top of the American 14.1 in NYC.

Another reason to dislike Chinese 8-ball.

Is there anyone in the organization who knows what he's doing?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
It looks like Deuel beat Li Zheng today and SVB beat Ye Jianqiu (yesterday?)

Who is still in? Are current brackets to be found anywhere?

That scumbag that played Shane tried to shark him throughout the entire match. Should be banned from playing any events.
Jason

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That scumbag that played Shane tried to shark him throughout the entire match. Should be banned from playing any events.
Jason

I didn't see it, so I cant say with any degree of certainty either way and you gotta think anoyone who plays well enough to be there has both a chance to win and a sense of how to conduct himself.

It wasn't just language and culture clash?

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i actually really like most of the components of this tourney and as a first time smaller event I can't be too critical

that aside, much of the quality of play has been phenomenal

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I didn't see it, so I cant say with any degree of certainty either way and you gotta think anoyone who plays well enough to be there has both a chance to win and a sense of how to conduct himself.

It wasn't just language and culture clash?

Not sure how he ended up there, I have to believe I would have performed better.

Kept moving his cue, stroking it, cleaning it with a towel etc after every shot, and I mean every shot cause he missed almost every shot. How dirty can a cue be after a single shot? All this while Shane is shooting.
Jason

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was just watching this match with SVB, and overall, he played well and easily won the match, but the 2nd game in this match..... watch it and tell me if that isn't the worst SVB has every played in a single tournament game. It's gotta be.

That was horrible. But, he made up for it after that. ( I get it... its a chinese table with rounded pockets..... but still, that wasn't good)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd6315Em21s

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think he more than made up for it. The sharking action Jason was referring to...watch the shot at 56:52, and the look on Shane's face after, ha!
Is he allowed to do that in public? :yikes:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he more than made up for it. The sharking action Jason was referring to...watch the shot at 56:52, and the look on Shane's face after, ha!

Haha. I am sticking with cultural differences.

That dude would get punched in the face for pulling that shit twice in a lotta places.

Good for svb, toughing it out. That which does not kill you will likely try again.