Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League - Season 13 - Record Breaking Season for us !!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hey All,

I just wanted to share the news, that my 14.1 League in Bayshore NY has a record breaking season this season. we doubled the participation of our last record breaking season with 53 Players.

Here's some screenshots of the divisions which i was able to split into 4 Divisions spread over 2 nights.

Steve

(1) Season 13 - Standings - A Division (png) NORTH.jpg

(1) Season 13 - Standings - B Division (png) EAST.jpg

(1) Season 13 - Standings - C Division (png) WEST.jpg

(1) Season 13 - Standings - D Division (png) SOUTH.jpg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey All,

I just wanted to share the news, that my 14.1 League in Bayshore NY has a record breaking season this season. we doubled the participation of our last record breaking season with 53 Players.

Here's some screenshots of the divisions which i was able to split into 4 Divisions spread over 2 nights.

Steve ...
That's an awesome turnout. I wish the leagues around here had enough players to form divisions by skill level.

Are the "handicaps" the number of points the players go to? I see that the top-rated player is a 300.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
That's an awesome turnout. I wish the leagues around here had enough players to form divisions by skill level.

Are the "handicaps" the number of points the players go to? I see that the top-rated player is a 300.

THATS A BASE HANDICAP.

i pro-rate games down to division maximums. using a formula i have come up with, so its an even shift down. unless both players are below the division max then they would play to their physical hcp.

A = 150 pts.
B = 125 pts.
C = 100 pts.
D = 75 pts.

-Steve

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
THATS A BASE HANDICAP.

i pro-rate games down to division maximums. using a formula i have come up with, so its an even shift down. unless both players are below the division max then they would play to their physical hcp.

A = 150 pts.
B = 125 pts.
C = 100 pts.
D = 75 pts.

-Steve
So a 300 would play a 220 at 150-110?

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I could make it out there but I'm too far. Still though, keep up the amazing work. You're league is what everyone should be striving for when starting something up in this game we all love.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Steve,

This is great news and wonder if it could be an indicator of a bigger trend? After two years hiatus, I re-joined the straight pool league at Amsterdam. It seems there are more players participating than I remember from previous years.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
FWIW, saw on facebook The Spot in Nanuet is promoting their straight pool league. Its a relatively new pool hall near Diamond Jim's.

I wish I could make it out there but I'm too far. Still though, keep up the amazing work. You're league is what everyone should be striving for when starting something up in this game we all love.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Congrats Steve. When Danny Barouty left New York for the West Coast a few years ago, New York straight pool lost something ... but New York straight pool has now gained something important and that would be the Bayshore Billiards League.

Well done and keep up the good work.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Congrats Steve. When Danny Barouty left New York for the West Coast a few years ago, New York straight pool lost something ... but New York straight pool has now gained something important and that would be the Bayshore Billiards League.

Well done and keep up the good work.

Thanks so much Stu for the Nod and and the very kind words of encouragement. means a lot to me to have all the support that i do !!

-Steve

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
FWIW, saw on facebook The Spot in Nanuet is promoting their straight pool league. Its a relatively new pool hall near Diamond Jim's.

Lenore had reached out to me to help her set up there league. I had considered it until Rhys made me change my mind...But that's a whole other discussion !!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I was also contacted by someone in St. Luis to help them set up their league which i will do, once i get this current season of mine under control !

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know of the spot, it's a great room and I have been to their monthly 9 ball tournament which is ran with no problems.

The problem with the 14.1 league they run is that it is ran on Sundays. I can't make it there because of family commitments. Wish they ran it on a weekday.

And speaking of diamond Jim's, I play in their Monday 9 ball league and surprised they do not do a 14.1 night considering how many straight pool players they have in there every day.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Being that the two rooms are so close to each other, I hope they don't end up cannibalizing customers from each other.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
St Louis!? :eek: I would love to join that league. I have no one to practice 14.1 with. The timing sucks though...I’ll be relocating to Houston soon. :frown:

Maybe that is the billiard gods telling you to switch to 3C, since Houston has become the carom capital of the US. :thumbup:

John Biddle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations

Congrats, that's an amazing number for straight pool. The most I've gotten is 24.

Keep up the great work, you're obviously doing something right.