Bumper For This Tasc?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
hi guys;

before I contact Pete I thought I would ask azb if there might be a good generic option for a rubber bumper for this true hoppe setup.

TIA for any info.

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• Tasc-Snake-buttcap-chips.jpg
    Tasc-Snake-buttcap-chips.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 376
  • Tasc-Snake-buttsleeve.jpg
    Tasc-Snake-buttsleeve.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 367

Cross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best is still the one that comes from Pete. Small, unobtrusive but still effective. It also comes with the screw so you can lock it down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I vote for no bumper, Brian...I like cues that look like they’ve been to war.

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would recommend finding a rubber bumper style that you feel goes well with the aesthetics of the cue and modify that bumper by adding a flat rare earth magnet to it. Permanently secure the rare earth magnet to the bumper using a strong adhesive or a rivet. That is assuming that the butt plate screw is steel. I don't know what Tasc butt plate screws are made of... This would allow you to add and remove the bumper whether you feel like it without modifying the cue.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am sure Pete has the screw that's drilled & tapped for a bumper. I would contact him.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Thanks for the suggestions thus far guys

Checked with Pete it would be $150 plus shipping for the proper setup

Leaning heavily towards PT's suggestion to leave it bare naked. ;)

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
If the socket cap screw is threaded you could just get any normal bumper with an embedrd washer and the correct thread bolt.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
If the socket cap screw is threaded you could just get any normal bumper with an embedrd washer and the correct thread bolt.

hi skins and thx.

it's not but that wouldn't be hard to remedy - i have a set of various sized taps but am now favoring leaving it as is. The phenolic is already chipped a little but very unlikely to ever break so maybe chip away.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get you a piece of black elephant, stamp out several discs from it, glue them together with a washer in the middle. Put in a vise for a couple of days until the glue dries and there you go. Exotic bumper for a great cue.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Personally,
I would get the bumper from Pete ….
These bumperless cues seem to be very slippery on carpet and tile floors-
the last one I had sure was"
My point-
you keep it bumperless and your cue slips and falls to the floor- or against a pool table or furniture and cause serious damage-
up to Snapping the forearm-
"I've seen it happen"
just my 2 cents :wink:
BTW-
post pics of the entire cue-
sure looks sharp

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always got into habit or resting my bumperless cues on my shoe and put them in case assembled when not playing resting shaft on Q-Claw to eliminate possibility of slippage because they are slick.

Love the look and feel of bumperless hoppe cues but with that can come problems if careless.

Have a good day,

-Kat,

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Personally,
I would get the bumper from Pete ….
These bumperless cues seem to be very slippery on carpet and tile floors-
the last one I had sure was"
My point-
you keep it bumperless and your cue slips and falls to the floor- or against a pool table or furniture and cause serious damage-
up to Snapping the forearm-
"I've seen it happen"
just my 2 cents :wink:
BTW-
post pics of the entire cue-
sure looks sharp

sharp, it is...thx...

here you go:

Attachments

• Tasc-Snake-full.jpg
    Tasc-Snake-full.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Tasc-Snake-points.jpg
    Tasc-Snake-points.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Tasc-Snake-signature.jpg
    Tasc-Snake-signature.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 137

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I like it original as a bumperless Hoppe, and wouldn't look right with a rubber bumper
unless it was one of those tiny button-like thing like the one on the Barenbrugge I used to have.
I didn't care for the button either.
Traditional is traditional

On the other hand, a guy came through town to pick up a bumperless Hoppe Paul Mottey cue from me about 10-years ago.
We played for a couple hours and by the time he left back to Texas the cue needed to be refinished.