Ronnie O' ..............!!!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Rocket posted his FIFTEENTH maximum-break today. Incredible. This guy just keeps getting better. He's not that far away from ONE THOUSAND century breaks either.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Rocket posted his FIFTEENTH maximum-break today. Incredible. This guy just keeps getting better. He's not that far away from ONE THOUSAND century breaks either.

The commentators mentioned that he had a 135 earlier in that match. Kinda tough on the opponent in a race to 4.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does this mean he has come back to earth and stopped all his tantrums and craziness I keep hearing about?
He's been fine for some time now. Ever read his bio? Pretty rough family life at times. He's been thru the ringer and came out swinging. He's definitely not boring like some of the snooker-bots tend to be.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe I am a good kicker, but those Snooker pros, are incredible. Only thing I have ever seen as a weakness in the Rocket's game is he fails to avoid dbl kisses on some safety play?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In all the snooker matches I've watched I've never noticed that...

In other news... is it a rule or just a custom that they never leave chalk on the rails?
Well, its kinda like the BudLight ad, its off to the Pit of Misery if you do. Its a no-no. They all have their own. Usually Triangle green is chalk-of-choice.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does this mean he has come back to earth and stopped all his tantrums and craziness I keep hearing about?

Not exactly...he’s been moaning about the venue they’re playing at this week, the tour structure and plenty of other things. Worth following on twitter!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not exactly...he’s been moaning about the venue they’re playing at this week, the tour structure and plenty of other things. Worth following on twitter!
He complained about the smell of urine, wires all over everywhere and random people wandering in and out due to a lack of security. Those factors seem to have invigorated his game. In the video the venue looks fine but my computer doesn't have smell-o-vision yet.

I don't believe he has mentioned the numpties recently.

I spent some time with him for the History Channel program. He seemed easy to get along with for that time, but he wasn't in a competitive situation. I imagine his points all have merit and he is not shy about speaking up.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How much of a payday was that run worth??

TD
There is a rolling prize for maximums (I think it gets 5k pounds added per event) and a prize for high break of the event. There was maximum the day before by Thepchayia Un-Nooh, and at the time I think they said he had £17k coming. Ronnie is now due to get half of that.

Here is that other maximum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn1N1GNQHUQ

The World Championship used to offer £147,000 for a maximum, but between better play and lower sponsorship money, that was discontinued.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Loved his USA travels videos...wish they'd done more than 4 episodes. Without a doubt, one of the greatest cueists to walk the earth.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In all the snooker matches I've watched I've never noticed that...

In other news... is it a rule or just a custom that they never leave chalk on the rails?

Leaving chalk on the rail is a pool thing. In civilized games like snooker and billiards players have their own chalk and we don't leave it on the rails.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He complained about the smell of urine, wires all over everywhere and random people wandering in and out due to a lack of security. Those factors seem to have invigorated his game. In the video the venue looks fine but my computer doesn't have smell-o-vision yet.

I don't believe he has mentioned the numpties recently.

I spent some time with him for the History Channel program. He seemed easy to get along with for that time, but he wasn't in a competitive situation. I imagine his points all have merit and he is not shy about speaking up.

I think most of his ‘moaning’ has some merit in all honesty! It doesn’t always come across well, but the points he makes (about the tour structure in particular) do make a lot of sense.

Also I think he realises the PR value sometimes ;-)