WPBA - Rivers US Open - Live Sunday on ESPN3

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reminder for those like myself who seldom look at the front page, their event in Pitt will be live Sunday on ESPN3 at 1, 3, & 5.

GYK has already taken an early loss.

No Jasmin, Corr, Kelly, Liu, Pan, Cha, Lee, etc.

Got to agree with the comments on Facebook regarding the event poster:

WPBA1.jpg

WPBAFacebook.jpg

Looks like on Facebook that Jasmin is having back issues lately. That why she didn't attend? Anyone ever have any facts on Corr's WPBA exit?

Brackets:
http://live.wpba.com/ppv/

Guess that will finish off their year. :embarrassed2:

Banks

Banned
Can we get a thanks to the wpba for intentionally conflicting their event with a well-added western bca event? I know the ladies really appreciate being limited in an already limited number of events.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we get a thanks to the wpba for intentionally conflicting their event with a well-added western bca event? I know the ladies really appreciate being limited in an already limited number of events.

Just curious, how many of the say top 16 would ever or have attended that event?

I had been wondering why Jasmin didn't attend the Michigan event. Looking on her Facebook page it appears there was a conflicting event they held in China for her, Pan, Liu, and Lee. More great scheduling :p

Banks

Banned
Just curious, how many of the say top 16 would ever or have attended that event?

I had been wondering why Jasmin didn't attend the Michigan event. Looking on her Facebook page it appears there was a conflicting event they held in China for her, Pan, Liu, and Lee. More great scheduling :p

Ugh.. make me go boot up the computer and such why dontcha..

1 94500 Ga-Young Kim Korea
2 79500 Allison Fisher England - attended the 2015 fall 10b event
3 69000 Jasmin Ouschan Austria
4 68000 Monica Webb US
5 57000 Kelly Fisher Britian
6 56500 Line Kjorsvik Norway
7 54000 Jennifer Barretta US
8 48500 Jeanette Lee US
9 46500 Brittany Bryant Canada
10 44500 Helena Thornfeldt Sweden
11 43500 Kim Newsome US
12 42500 Jennifer Chen China
13 42500 Melissa Little US
14 42000 Vivian Villarreal US - attended the 2015 spring 8b event
15 33500 Siming Chen China
16 31500 Joanne Ashton Canada - attended the 2015 fall 10b event

It's difficult to say who would have attended and which event was more worth it, considering that I couldn't find any information about the $$ for the wpba event. I do see that the CWO event advertised $5k added with 32 players, $4k for first. The wpba masters event just paid, iirc, $7.5k for first and 4.5? for second - not sure on the field size there either. Either way, it's another event for the women at a time where the events have been drying up. Wpba just doesn't seem to care as much about the players as they do about their board - same old same old.

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member

She did not play in this one either. Also MIA were Jeanette Lee and Karen Korr, who I believe lives in PA?

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GYK definitely had a tough road, considering she was #1 seed but lost her first match.

Anybody catch what was wrong with her eye(s)? They mentioned her eye having problems several times, but I never heard them give specifics.

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She did not play in this one either. Also MIA were Jeanette Lee and Karen Korr, who I believe lives in PA?

From what I was told, Karen has moved out of the states. As far as Jasmin missing the last event to play in something else, she got fined for that. Archaic WPBA bylaws still in place.

What a joke of what used to be a nice organization.