Canadian Pool Championships

trophycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You clearly missed the part where I applauded Jim, John and the Corner Bank for their efforts but that's ok. It's unfortunate that they had to come up with money out of their own pockets to get TSN there but they chose that route.

My concern is more with the CBSA as a whole and the rationale that these events are our "national championships." It has been well over a decade since any of these events had even remotely close to a national turnout with the western provinces represented by anything more than a small handful of players.

You're welcome to sling whatever insults you'd like because I've watched the turnouts for these tourneys for years and absolutely nothing has been done by the CBSA to rectify these turnout issues. I'm happy that you feel well represented by them but here in Alberta/BC(where there are large number of very strong players) we see and hear nothing from them year after year.

Call me a coward if you wish, but I'd voice my concerns directly to the CBSA members if they ever held an event in the west but we all know that we have a better shot at teaching a fish to ride a bicycle.

Well, Is it not the responsibility of the provincial assc. to have tourneys and qualifiers , in order to send they're players . What do you expect to hear from the CBSA ??. " We cant live without you, pls come and we will foot the bill " Doesn't work that way.............This whole western thing has been goin off and on for decades. Here we have a regular tour and qualifiers..........entry and expense money for these spots . We don't get anything from the CBSA . And all our spots are used every year. Very few problems . It's upto you to come up with your own plan to send players . Or just start your own tour, and show them how it's done . BTW, we haven't heard any of you and your pool room owner buddies ideas...............lay it on us.

Last edited: