2019 Kremlin Cup 10 ball, Moscow (18-21Sep). Winner $9K

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tyler styer...champion

My chest is still pounding from that last rack. Tyler nerves of steel.
And there is coach Johann with the double high five in the end. Jeremy Jones was on commentary and kept it professional but he spoke with pure restraint from coming out of his chair with joy.

That’s a great side story to an already amazing year for Team USA...next up is the dream challenge vs team Russia.
Wow, what a win.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
My chest is still pounding from that last rack. Tyler nerves of steel.
And there is coach Johann with the double high five in the end. Jeremy Jones was on commentary and kept it professional but he spoke with pure restraint from coming out of his chair with joy.

That’s a great side story to an already amazing year for Team USA...next up is the dream challenge vs team Russia.
Wow, what a win.

Oh....did Tyler win?....did you think I was gonna set my alarm for 5:00 AM?
....ok....I did get up at five....and it was worth it....:):):)

...I think Tyler should’ve played for the 6-ball in the side...no bad angles then..
...I was sick when he ended up with the back cut in the corner...
.....but he came through.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to the champion.

CONGRATULATIONS TYLER STYER 2019 KREMLIN CUP CHAMPION
Earning the title of CHAMPION is something that most can only dream of. Fantastic job, Tyler.
Chalk one up for Hal Houle as CTE PRO ONE shines brightly on the international stage.
Real Center-to-Edge is here to stay.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh....did Tyler win?....did you think I was gonna set my alarm for 5:00 AM?
....ok....I did get up at five....and it was worth it....:):):)

...I think Tyler should’ve played for the 6-ball in the side...no bad angles then..
...I was sick when he ended up with the back cut in the corner...
.....but he came through.

Yes on the side for the 6
He also hit that 6 ball as thick as he could to hold the angle, and it barely brushed the facing of the right side of the pocket....contact with the point would’ve been dire. I was holding my breath through that one.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! What a great ending & win.

Yeah, and his Brother Karamazov, who is both The Gambler and The Idiot of the family. Hope you caught the triple Dostoevsky reference

...had to Gogol some of your references though.

smt

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CONGRATULATIONS TYLER STYER 2019 KREMLIN CUP CHAMPION
Earning the title of CHAMPION is something that most can only dream of. Fantastic job, Tyler.
Chalk one up for Hal Houle as CTE PRO ONE shines brightly on the international stage.
Real Center-to-Edge is here to stay.
What's center-to-edge? Isn't it a cue chalking method? ;)

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Putin approves.

Attachments

• 62F65920-ACA9-4A79-A34D-980429E24618.jpeg
    62F65920-ACA9-4A79-A34D-980429E24618.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 314

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Tyler !! Kid is rising.

Don't they go into the Dream Challenge today or tomorrow now that the Kremlin Cup is over ?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
As usual, I liked JJ commentating....it’s not just because he knows so much.....
...he’s got the kind of voice you wanna hear when you dial 911....
...his voice is calm, obviously intelligent, and comforting.

The team of JJ and a man called Michael were terrific.
For Michael, English is a second language....but he is fluent....
..and the nice thing about that is that you actually hear words used more properly...
...we English speakers get a bit sloppy in the vernacular.
...and I appreciated the shout-out he gave to my old friend Danny Diliberto...:)

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As usual, I liked JJ commentating....it’s not just because he knows so much.....
...he’s got the kind of voice you wanna hear when you dial 911....
...his voice is calm, obviously intelligent, and comforting.

The team of JJ and a man called Michael were terrific.
For Michael, English is a second language....but he is fluent....
..and the nice thing about that is that you actually hear words used more properly...
...we English speakers get a bit sloppy in the vernacular.
...and I appreciated the shout-out he gave to my old friend Danny Diliberto...:)

I heard that shout out to Danny D as well and it was very kind of him. I’ve seen him around Turning Stone before, and he has jumped in for streams with Upstate Al before. I really dig the Russian accent and the insight he brings.

Jeremy Jones was in true form this tournament. He is the Steve McQueen/Clint Eastwood of the pool commentator realm. Stern, yet kind....Confident, yet humble...a master as well as a fan of the game.
Hearing his co-host, the lady from Matchroom, swoon over the information and knowledge pouring out of his commentary made me smile, could we have the first ever Elvis of pool commentary? The King of commentary?

Also, JJ has some of the most seamless transitions back to the action at hand I’ve ever heard in pool commentary...when the conversation goes off topic for a delightful moment, he knows exactly when and how to get back to the match. Those nuances of commentary are almost impossible to train and learn, it just comes natural to JJ.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which match would you guys recommend watching if I only watched one match? I see they are all listed on the youtube channel. I have not watched any of them. I'd like to see a good one with Tyler.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which match would you guys recommend watching if I only watched one match? I see they are all listed on the youtube channel. I have not watched any of them. I'd like to see a good one with Tyler.

The final is exceptional, if not for the tension and drama, but for the commentary as well.
Also, it had the best camera coverage of the whole tournament. Very professional with multiple angles and close up shots to set the tone.

Another good match from the static camera tables was Corey vs Billy. It was one or the other who was going to advance and They both played really well.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard that shout out to Danny D as well and it was very kind of him. I’ve seen him around Turning Stone before, and he has jumped in for streams with Upstate Al before. I really dig the Russian accent and the insight he brings.

Jeremy Jones was in true form this tournament. He is the Steve McQueen/Clint Eastwood of the pool commentator realm. Stern, yet kind....Confident, yet humble...a master as well as a fan of the game.
Hearing his co-host, the lady from Matchroom, swoon over the information and knowledge pouring out of his commentary made me smile, could we have the first ever Elvis of pool commentary? The King of commentary?

Also, JJ has some of the most seamless transitions back to the action at hand I’ve ever heard in pool commentary...when the conversation goes off topic for a delightful moment, he knows exactly when and how to get back to the match. Those nuances of commentary are almost impossible to train and learn, it just comes natural to JJ.
I think the Russian who commentates TS is a different guy.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The final is exceptional, if not for the tension and drama, but for the commentary as well.
Also, it had the best camera coverage of the whole tournament. Very professional with multiple angles and close up shots to set the tone.

Another good match from the static camera tables was Corey vs Billy. It was one or the other who was going to advance and They both played really well.

I just finished watching it. Thanks for the recommendation. Good match, Tyler played well. Shot clock please next time, and every time:):):)

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly I was looking mostly pool matches streamed and I did not notice that giant playing piramid at the background. If there is any streamed matches with him I can have a look and see if I know him. But to tell the truth I cannot remember a top piramid player of such hight:sorry:
actually, this guy

Attachments

• 10DE8272-D01B-41EA-92F9-BD392855634C.jpg
    10DE8272-D01B-41EA-92F9-BD392855634C.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 368