Anyone familiar with Perry Weston cues?

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
I have looked in the bluebooks and can’t find a definite answer.
Did all of his cues have the flared butt caps?

Anyone ever seen an early one without the flare?

I understand he’s not with us anymore to ask.

Thanks in advance gents.

minnesota_slim

Registered
I knew Perry from years ago when he was in WI, and ordered some cues from him after he moved to AR. All f the cues at least through about 2000 that I had seen from him had the flared butt caps.

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Thanks Slim. Yeah I’ve scoured the interwebs looking for one of Perry’s un-flared butt cues unsuccessfully. Maybe it’s a very early one. I’m looking at a cue for sale bearing his name on the butt, looks authentic, but think I’ll pass.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is gone now, and his trademark is the flared buttcap- I would not advise buying a PW without a flared butt cap if you ever plan on a resale - it IS his trademark.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had an early one per Perry. It was a 59” cue with two points and it had the flair.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
My Weston has the flared cap and Cursive script. Maybe if you could get a picture or two that would help. Every one I've ever seen had a flared cap.

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Butt Picture...

Attachments

• weston butt.png
    weston butt.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 201

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Thanks for the pic. Yes, that is definitely his script stylized signature. Identical to mine, without the flared cap. Maybe the owner wanted it sans flared, or the flare turned down. Either way it looks legit to me. These script cues were earlier, and very nicely made.

Attachments

• IMAG2291.jpg
    IMAG2291.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited: