14.1 - stream quality?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone actually buy the stream? How has the stream quality been? I only saw one comment in the streaming sub forum and it said it was freezing yesterday. Haven't seen any other posts by people who actually have been watching it, other than Dragon.:sorry:

Is there the same old past Steinway issues of them not locking out the public WiFi to dedicate to the stream, and then on the last day they pretend to not know why it was happening and then finally lock it out and reboot? Haven't watched a stream out of Steinway in over a year.

Thanks.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
That is a huge issue in many poolrooms, let people use their data when the stream is happening and secure the network just for the weekend. Most of the rooms don't have a great connection and with a 100 people or more in there and many on the WIFI it certainly affects the streams. I have had this issue countless times, it gets old quick. :cool:

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone actually buy the stream? How has the stream quality been? I only saw one comment in the streaming sub forum and it said it was freezing yesterday. Haven't seen any other posts by people who actually have been watching it, other than Dragon.:sorry:

Is there the same old past Steinway issues of them not locking out the public WiFi to dedicate to the stream, and then on the last day they pretend to not know why it was happening and then finally lock it out and reboot? Haven't watched a stream out of Steinway in over a year.

Thanks.

I bought day 1. Other than one time for about 5 minutes, stream was good.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I guess not many bought it for many reasons...like price, Stienways past stream problems, it's CW even though AZB is streaming it, not many play 14.1 anymore and fewer like to watch it. IMO it's a great game to play, but not watch. Johnnyt

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a huge issue in many poolrooms, let people use their data when the stream is happening and secure the network just for the weekend. Most of the rooms don't have a great connection and with a 100 people or more in there and many on the WIFI it certainly affects the streams. I have had this issue countless times, it gets old quick. :cool:

As a streamer is it something you can't get cooperation from the room owner to lock out the WiFi or is it always play it by ear?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess not many bought it for many reasons...like price, Stienways past stream problems, it's CW even though AZB is streaming it, not many play 14.1 anymore and fewer like to watch it. IMO it's a great game to play, but not watch. Johnnyt

Personally I don't mind the price that much but I want to know that I will have a good stream. I just didn't buy any of the opening three days as I have no interest in the fairly pointless round robin crap. Out of the 8 groups there might be one where there is a surprise on who came out of the group to qualify for the final 24 single elims.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never saw a decent stream out of Steinway. Not even a watchable bad stream. I might be a sucker once more on Saturday. If it's per usual, that will be it for me.

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought the season...excellent so far..not a single hiccup. Really like the commentators..can't remember their names. I like the old guy. Pete Margo made a short appearance.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought the season...excellent so far..not a single hiccup. Really like the commentators..can't remember their names. I like the old guy. Pete Margo made a short appearance.

They have a couple of posters in the live stream section this evening saying how bad the stream was this afternoon. So you had no problems? Funny how there are no posts or updates from the actual broadcasters.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
sorry dude, when we heard there was no volume, we opted to watch Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner.
:eek:

(KK9 has thrownup 3 times so far)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_wO8toxinoc

sorry dude, when we heard there was no volume, we opted to watch Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner.
:eek:

(KK9 has thrownup 3 times so far)

Muahahaha
I'll settle for Kim K
:grin-square:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone actually buy the stream? How has the stream quality been? ...

I've watched every match so far. I had one brief freeze on Day 1, but all has been smooth otherwise. The picture quality is fine.

How's the commentating, and who? Thanks.

The commentating has been mixed, but lots of it has been good. Upstate Al likes to get some variety in the booth, and that's a good thing when the event is so long. So far we have heard from Al Leon, Gene Mann, Steve Kurtz, Mike "Fingers" Badstubener, Larry Ross, Tom Karabotsos, Kevin Clark, Ed Culhane, Bob Madenjian, Tony Robles, Karl Kantrowitz, Jude Rosenstock, and Pete Margo.

One criticism I have of many of these commentators, as well as most others in all events, is that they rarely have their facts straight as to what has happened so far in the game (and in the event more generally).

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
As a streamer is it something you can't get cooperation from the room owner to lock out the WiFi or is it always play it by ear?

Most of the time they don't know how to change the password or even what the password is to login to the WIFI to secure it. They usually have a tech guy who is always unavailable.