Cue Maker / Ariel Carmeli

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Just purchased a DROP DEAD GORGEOUS Balabushka Tribute ( **NOT** an Adam, etc, "faux" "signed" type Bushka ) custom made by Ariel Carmeli ( with two teal rings on the butt sleeve that came from Balabushka's shop after he passed away ), a cue maker in California. I've heard Alex plays with his cues but other than that, I know almost nothing about him. What I *do* know is, he makes BEAUTIFUL cues. At least mine is. Can anyone post any more info about him? He certainly deserves props for this cue. I'm guessing his other cues are just as nice. Any info is appreciated.

What a cue... wow.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Just an FYI, many if not most claims that "my cue has "X" in it that came from Balabushka's shop when he passed away" are bogus.

That material in your cue was used by many cue makers in the 50's, 60's, 70's...

Many makers after have built cues using it and many of those who recieve their cues mistake what the maker told them which in most cases would be that the material used in their cue was "the same material Bushka used" but not nessesarily form George's stock.

If you have it in writing from Ariel and it can be verified from his source then that's about as good as you are going to get.

Good luck!

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Just an FYI, many if not most claims that "my cue has "X" in it that came from Balabushka's shop when he passed away" are bogus.

That material in your cue was used by many cue makers in the 50's, 60's, 70's...

Many makers after have built cues using it and many of those who recieve their cues mistake what the maker told them which in most cases would be that the material used in their cue was "the same material Bushka used" but not nessesarily form George's stock.

If you have it in writing from Ariel and it can be verified from his source then that's about as good as you are going to get.

Good luck!

I'll never know and I really don't care. But it sure is pretty.

Thanks.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I'll never know and I really don't care. But it sure is pretty.

Thanks.

If you dont care then why make a point of mentioning it in parentheses?

Regardless, if you can get proof it'd be a + if you ever wanted to sell.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
If you dont care then why make a point of mentioning it in parentheses?

Regardless, if you can get proof it'd be a + if you ever wanted to sell.

Because I wanted to? Yeah... that would be it.

Not planning on selling it so no worries there.

Thanks again for the input...

Michael Andros

Silver Member
So... circling the wagons back to the point of the thread, anyone have any info about Ariel Carmeli? Anyone have any of his cues? Any info is appreciated.

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He makes great cues. Alex played with one for a while. His cues are in pretty good demand right now I believe.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Martin from Superior Cues AKA jazznpool on AZB would be a good resource.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Martin from Superior Cues AKA jazznpool on AZB would be a good resource.

Thanks Dave.

I got some info from specific sources here that I know and trust and Carmeli came back with flying colors. I did that before committing to buy. I just thought it might make a good thread for anyone who has any info / stories abut him to share. I was vaguely aware of him but had no specific info until I asked my sources. So I just felt, yeah... good idea for a thread, get this guy some well-deserved recognition if possible. *You* already know for sure about how nice his cues are... at least the one I bought ( it arrived this morning and I'm looking right at it as I type this )! :grin-square:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
And btw, here's the cue:

ZzzLypEDJ9.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
About 5 minutes doing a search here on Ariel and his cues will give you many hours of reading and good information including cue photos going back more than 15 years. Don't be lazy bro!

Michael Andros

Silver Member
About 5 minutes doing a search here on Ariel and his cues will give you many hours of reading and good information including cue photos going back more than 15 years. Don't be lazy bro!

Martn - Embarrassed to admit I've never used the search here and have no clue whatsoever on how or where it is. But, I'm sure I can figure it out. This thread really was to get Ariel some ( more ) recognition. That said, sure, I would love to know more about him but I did feel spreading the word certainly wouldn't hurt him and that's really what this thread was all about.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Absolutely a killer cue buddy. Ariel makes great cues and alex played/plays with one and many otherspinoys have played his cues.

That's what I was told when I was asking my sources before I bought. I figured, good enough for Alex, good enough for me. Plus it didn't hurt that it was, possibly, the prettiest cue I've ever seen and I've seen thousands. Toss in the John Davis ( Titleist ) blank and it was really a no-brainer at that point!

Thanks, Jay! :grin:

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
Ariel makes a great cue for sure. I loved mine, and regret selling it. Still one of my favorite hitting cues. My buddy has it, so I still get to play with it when I want ;)

The POV cue maker review Ariel did was interesting. You should be able to find it easily enough on youtube if you search for POV Cue Maker. There are a few other cue makers up there as well. worth watching if you have a few minutes.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Ariel makes a great cue for sure. I loved mine, and regret selling it. Still one of my favorite hitting cues. My buddy has it, so I still get to play with it when I want ;)

The POV cue maker review Ariel did was interesting. You should be able to find it easily enough on youtube if you search for POV Cue Maker. There are a few other cue makers up there as well. worth watching if you have a few minutes.

Thanks, Sharpie! Going to youtube now.

Yeah, I am DEFINITELY hanging onto this cue. I now have a Tad, a Sideways Josswest,
a Dave Brainard Rambow replica Titleist and now this Carmeli. I'm all set! :grin:

simco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a beautiful cue,one of the regulars where i play uses a Carmeli cue.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Nicest cue I ever owned was a Carmeli. Yep, everyone has that one story about the cue that got away... and this is mine. It was a Davis blank, with windows and veneers in the butt. Gorgeous. I sold it about 5 or 6 years ago. Wish I kept track of the guy that I sold it too so I could buy it back. Bought it from the guy who bought it from Martin. But, when the guy got home and the wife found out how much he spent, it was back up for sale. I got it at a hefty discount :)

Everywhere I played folks would comment on that cue.