Donnie Mills

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donny Mills would be a great addition to the MC team this year, a very wise choice imo. He has the experience, the talent and he plays good under pressure. We definitely need to shake things up to have a chance against Europe and adding Donny might be part of it.

Oscar is playing great right now and deserves consideration. He is another one who knows how to play under fire. I like Shane, Sky, Donny and Oscar with Justin or Billy filling the last spot. That team might have the right chemistry to pull off the upset. :)
This is the problem, no matter who you put on the US team, it's considered a upset? US has had champion after champion after champion and are playing bad. They need a group that wants to be there, not for fun or experience but to WIN. Even Shane has looked disheartened and looked like he didn't want to be there. Donny would be a great pick and any other pro that truly wants to win this. I wouldn't consider it a upset at all , IMO

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the problem, no matter who you put on the US team, it's considered a upset? US has had champion after champion after champion and are playing bad. They need a group that wants to be there, not for fun or experience but to WIN. Even Shane has looked disheartened and looked like he didn't want to be there. Donny would be a great pick and any other pro that truly wants to win this. I wouldn't consider it a upset at all , IMO

Could it be that the us feels short race 9b is really a bit of a crapshoot?

It would be hard to get a true sense of something, given a small data set.

Global warming?!
:duck:

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's exactly why I did a 180 and think Dennis hatch needs to be on the team. I have no doubt if he plays he ll give it everything he has and will want to win more than anything

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an old thread that kind of got revamped. The topic, though, is definitely on point.

Donnie Mills is the new sheriff in town in recent events.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl is a winner...and he draws a crowd...both are needed.

I agree.

One thing for sure, just like rules in a pool tournament, no matter who Johann selects, there will be a wave of criticism coming forth about his decisoin-making process. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, if you know what I mean. :(

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Could it be that the us feels short race 9b is really a bit of a crapshoot?

It would be hard to get a true sense of something, given a small data set.

Global warming?!
:duck:

If race to 9 is a crapshoot, then I guess Shane and Earls US open wins don't mean much?
Jason

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If race to 9 is a crapshoot, then I guess Shane and Earls US open wins don't mean much?
Jason

The cream rises, i will agree, but isnt mosconi cum 22% (55%?) Shorter races?

You arent gonna try and contend svb has an equal chance of beating tham EU players at a race to 5 or 7, as he does to 50 or 100, are you?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Donny is a better choice this year than John Schmidt was last year.

John Schmidt's two Cup appearances were in 2006 and 2014.

Jason

In all 5 of Shane's US Open 9-Ball wins, the races were to 11 until the Finals, then 13. I don't know about the race length in Earl's first 2 wins, but it looks like it was 11 or 13 in his last 3 wins.

The cream rises, i will agree, but isnt mosconi cum 22% (55%?) Shorter races? ...

The Mosconi Cup format has changed several times. It was races to 5 the last 3 years.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
The cream rises, i will agree, but isnt mosconi cum 22% (55%?) Shorter races?

You arent gonna try and contend svb has an equal chance of beating tham EU players at a race to 5 or 7, as he does to 50 or 100, are you?

He should win occasionally though lol. Actually he should win way more often

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donny of if you're reading this, you made a hell of a run at the Mosconi Cup team. You had some inspirational play in the tournaments I saw you in.
Here's to a great US Open showing...
Here's to 2018 and a team spot.

Last edited:

medallio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donny of if you're reading this, you made a hell of a run at the Mosconi Cup team. You had some inspirational play in the tournaments I saw you in.
Here's to a great US Open showering...

I hope he showers as well:)

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Here's to a great US Open showing...

I agree. Donny is definitely a great 9-ball player due to his awesome rack reading and breaking skills.

_______