Need source for carbon fiber tip pads

ekb6760

Misplaced Texan
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm looking for a source for carbon fiber tip pads. $2 each is too much from OB.
I can cut my own with an arch punch, but I need a source for the correct material and thickness. Thank you for your help. PM me if you wish.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Atlas cue supply.

50 for $5

They say fiber, can't be sure if it's the carbon fiber you desire but I can say that I have many customers who like them and have never had a tip fall off.

tsp&b

Silver Member
Atlas cue supply.

50 for $5

They say fiber, can't be sure if it's the carbon fiber you desire but I can say that I have many customers who like them and have never had a tip fall off.

I am not sure but I believe the ones you are referring to are not carbon fiber.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Those are definitely not Carbon Fiber, just regular fiber.
Dave

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking for a source for carbon fiber tip pads. $2 each is too much from OB.
I can cut my own with an arch punch, but I need a source for the correct material and thickness. Thank you for your help. PM me if you wish.

Easy answer. Your doing more work installing the pad. Go up on your price. And not 2 bucks either.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy a sheet of Carbon fibre plate and then cut out what you need.
Time wise the OB tip pads are cheap. Yea cutting them from plate has the advantage of getting a tip pad to the size you really want.
But if you only want a few, then the plate is not an option for you, but maybe for others.
Neil

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I have a small sheet . 1/32 thick.
Not worth mailing though.
I'll just pm the source.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Personally, if $2 per pad breaks the bank, on a charge that should be included in the tip change...then maybe cue repair is not for you. Not trying to be rude or anything else, but $12 for 6 pads which they rarely need to be changed in the first place, IMO, is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. The pad only needs to be done when it has been reduced too much which when you know what to do when changing a tip on a pad, should be like 15-20 tip changes on a single shaft. One should only be taking a couple thou off each time.
Just my thoughts,
Dave

ekb6760

Misplaced Texan
Gold Member
Silver Member
Personally, if $2 per pad breaks the bank, on a charge that should be included in the tip change...then maybe cue repair is not for you. Not trying to be rude or anything else, but $12 for 6 pads which they rarely need to be changed in the first place, IMO, is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. The pad only needs to be done when it has been reduced too much which when you know what to do when changing a tip on a pad, should be like 15-20 tip changes on a single shaft. One should only be taking a couple thou off each time.
Just my thoughts,
Dave
Cool. Been changing tips, ferrules, wraps, and other cue repairs for 30+ years now. I'm just a cheap bastard! :groucho: