jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the type of post that SHOULD BE in the Main Forum. This silly notion that every post should go into it's own little cubicle is RIDICULOUS. Some people attempt to force people to write in particular sub-forums, just to show their contempt for particular subjects, AND SIMPLY UNDERMINES THE VALUE OF THIS WEB SITE. Facebook features are not the only reason that many have left this valuable pool resource.

Let the administrator send you a note and listen to him and don't listen to anyone who suggests that this type of post belongs ONLY IN A SUB-FORUM, NOT TO BE READ EXCEPT BY A FEW.

Even to this day, I rarely go to the other sub-forums as I do not have the time to see what's going on in these other locations.

Anyway Marek, I am looking forward to your review and hope one day that I will be able to compare the 12.0mm Prime-M to the REVO 12.0mm shaft.

Best regards from New Orleans, Louisiana.

JoeyA

I'm looking forward to Mareks review but, I would also like to hear from someone else that, like Marek, will be honest but, have no ties. It would also be nice to know that the second opinion person is also a strong player and someone that has used the revo long enough to be use to it.

I've always been a "get a second opinion" type person in all areas of my life. Leave nothing to chance unless it can't be helped of course.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve never met an Italian road bike I didn’t like. Now it might be a Prime M.
All I need is a radial pin.

If they send me a demo I’ll fly it all around the country and show it off.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just purchased some items from them and received them last week. Been too busy to get out and see how they play. I played well some time ago but have not been on a 9 foot in years. Look forward to getting back in stroke and thought it would be interesting to try and do it with carbon fiber.

I purchased the Sneaky Pete with two Prime M 12 cm and two 12.5 cm shafts. I also purchased the break and jump cues and the extension. Hope to haul all that out and play in the near future.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just purchased some items from them and received them last week. Been too busy to get out and see how they play. I played well some time ago but have not been on a 9 foot in years. Look forward to getting back in stroke and thought it would be interesting to try and do it with carbon fiber.

I purchased the Sneaky Pete with two Prime M 12 cm and two 12.5 cm shafts. I also purchased the break and jump cues and the extension. Hope to haul all that out and play in the near future.

Go get 'em.

Let me know how they play.

I was playing with my Becue today, with the white 12mm Prime, and was hitting them pretty good.

A young guy and I was banging around playing 8-ball and I asked if he wanted to play one-pocket, since a few weeks ago he told me that he liked to play one-pocket and nobody in Hawaii played it.

We flipped for the break and I won. I don't think he had a ball at the end of the game.

He broke the second rack and leaked me a ball on the first shot after the break and I think I won that one 8-1.

After beating him 8-0 the third game, he wanted to play 10-ball.

We banged around at that and he didn't fare much better, so he packed it up and left.

I've gotten so used to the Becue, that playing with a regular cue with a wooden shaft feels kind of foreign. There is definitely a BIG difference in the FEEL of hitting with the all carbon fiber cue and a cue made totally of wood. There seems to be more power with less force with the Becue. Maybe I'm imagining it, but, if I am, so are the other people who try it.

A lady who plays as a B+ in the tournaments has a REVO with a BK3 butt and she tried my Becue and was commenting on hit it seemed to be "more solid".

I have yet to try it without a glove. The painted surface is a bit more "tacky" than wood. I'm sure it would work just fine with a bit of powder, but I've gotten used to a glove and my bridge feels a tad too loose with the 12mm shaft. I played with a 14mm for dozens of years and I still prefer the feel of a larger diameter shaft in my closed bridge hand. I can't believe the muscle memory in my bridge hand still favors fatter shafts, even after playing with smaller shafts for the last few years.

That is one of the reasons I want to try the 12.5mm shaft.

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the best i can do is to be 100% honest with my feelings about the cue;) and i cant influence your point of view in regards to a review by sponsored player. You have always an option either not to read such review at all or to proceed with extreme caution:thumbup: Fyi I am not pushed by Becue to write any review,thats my own iniciative to review my new cues (but they know i am going to write it). And if such review helps others to decide if they buy/test Becue or they stay away from it then all good. As you may know by now my reviews are very comprehensive and I comment both on positive and negative things, i really value my honor above all and Becue guys know very well that i am this way. My plan is to play with Prime-M for the next week to get the most info i can get from the cue and then i will relay that info here. Nothing more nothing less;)

I appreciate that and I have read all your reviews and watched a lot of your videos!! I'm sure you will give the best review you can … looking forward to reading it!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the type of post that SHOULD BE in the Main Forum. This silly notion that every post should go into it's own little cubicle is RIDICULOUS. Some people attempt to force people to write in particular sub-forums, just to show their contempt for particular subjects, AND SIMPLY UNDERMINES THE VALUE OF THIS WEB SITE. Facebook features are not the only reason that many have left this valuable pool resource.

Let the administrator send you a note and listen to him and don't listen to anyone who suggests that this type of post belongs ONLY IN A SUB-FORUM, NOT TO BE READ EXCEPT BY A FEW.

Even to this day, I rarely go to the other sub-forums as I do not have the time to see what's going on in these other locations.

Anyway Marek, I am looking forward to your review and hope one day that I will be able to compare the 12.0mm Prime-M to the REVO 12.0mm shaft.

Best regards from New Orleans, Louisiana.

JoeyA

I agree 100%.

This type of information gets more exposure on the Main Forum.

I wish all the "wanna be" and "self-appointed" mods would refrain from being the "forum police" and quit trying to "direct traffic" on here. They should let the REAL MODS do the moderating, and mind their own business.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer an even narrower shaft, like the 5.1 shaft with the 11.8 (?) diameter, and I don't mind a conical taper, so I hope they're making a Prime 5.1 too. I haven't heard anything about it, but I would assume it would have at least a little lower deflection.

I worry about that clear ferrule. I hope it doesn't add much weight to the end, and it may even result in a little less of a stiff hit if there's more give in it compared to the shaft itself.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
EXACTLY!
JoeyA

Not to mention that you get feedback, questions and responses sometimes that take weeks on the subforums but look at here, this thread already has 2 pages of responses.
Like you, I don't have time to check every forum so the main forum is where most of the action is at.
Ok a side note, it seems every topic in the main forum can be justified to be moved to a particular sub forum. It's all splitting hairs after a while.

JoeyA

Silver Member
While I would love to be sponsored by Becues Prime-M, I have to say that if you showed the Prime-M wherever you fly to, it would be an excellent investment for them. Becues has no idea how many different locations you fly to on a regular basis but I sure do and love to hear the stories about your travels. (You should DEFINITELY write a book).

JoeyA

I’ve never met an Italian road bike I didn’t like. Now it might be a Prime M.
All I need is a radial pin.

If they send me a demo I’ll fly it all around the country and show it off.

JoeyA

Silver Member
EXACTLY!

JoeyA

I agree 100%.

This type of information gets more exposure on the Main Forum.

I wish all the "wanna be" and "self-appointed" mods would refrain from being the "forum police" and quit trying to "direct traffic" on here. They should let the REAL MODS do the moderating, and mind their own business.

ForestPool

Registered
Except for him,It there was delivered Prime-M?:confused:
I'm waiting for a month ...
I might be wrong but it is the delay of production?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
While I would love to be sponsored by Becues Prime-M, I have to say that if you showed the Prime-M wherever you fly to, it would be an excellent investment for them. Becues has no idea how many different locations you fly to on a regular basis but I sure do and love to hear the stories about your travels. (You should DEFINITELY write a book).

JoeyA

Yeah, but, he never would get a review finished....
...everything is up in the air with this guy.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As for the lenght I dont know honestly, i havent asked for a custom shaft lenght so i got stock lenght;) as for the ferrule i am posting the picture of it (this is one aspect that i will write about in my review);)

I put a orange acrylic pad on my revo and changed the tip to a soft as I play one pocket found the break up of color easier for me to aim as I aim shaft edges

wibo

Registered
@ForestPool
Yes, BeCue have problems with the suppliers due to the bad weather of the last weeks. I have been waiting for two months. Will be fine, be patient

billiards102

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@ForestPool
Yes, BeCue have problems with the suppliers due to the bad weather of the last weeks. I have been waiting for two months. Will be fine, be patient

Yes, Alessandro from Becue said it was the supplier of the titanium used in the joint holding things up for the Prime-M.
I have a 12.5 on order, hopefully we will hear something soon.

ForestPool

Registered
@ForestPool
two months !? It’s so patient.
Thank you.I will wait a little longer...