How much demand for Dymondwood?

TNKen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the Dymondwood factory burned. I have a friend that has a large factory that makes spun resin impregnated fiberglass products. Employs a couple of hundred people. He has made millions manufacturing and selling fiberglass ladder rails to every manufacturer out there. Does custom work and makes every shape you can imagine in this stuff..

Brilliant engineer. Building a machine similar to the ones he uses for his fiberglass products to make resin impregnated Dymondwood would be super simple.

I have no idea of the cost. I know a few people are tinkering with it in small quantities. Other than pool cues, ink pens and knife handles, is there a demand for it?

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
I know the Dymondwood factory burned. I have a friend that has a large factory that makes spun resin impregnated fiberglass products. Employs a couple of hundred people. He has made millions manufacturing and selling fiberglass ladder rails to every manufacturer out there. Does custom work and makes every shape you can imagine in this stuff..

Brilliant engineer. Building a machine similar to the ones he uses for his fiberglass products to make resin impregnated Dymondwood would be super simple.

I have no idea of the cost. I know a few people are tinkering with it in small quantities. Other than pool cues, ink pens and knife handles, is there a demand for it?

There is demand and that will also lower the price for the product which will benefit the pool players with a lower price point on break cues made out of the diamondwood.