Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Sports Fan Question
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-20-2019, 12:24 PM

Our modern Western culture is increasingly becoming based on lies....
...worse...more lies to give credence to the original lie...and they keep stacking up.

Name:  3642E154-F1A6-4837-8D94-3EC6508E7C23.jpeg
Views: 62
Size:  46.6 KB

The highest ranked female chess player in history got to 2735....
...chess pieces are not that heavy.

There have always been outliers...but basically men are hunters, women are nurturers.
......vive le difference

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#17)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 12:49 PM

I found the 2016 rules with a simple google
search.

Basically they need to provide medical
proof that their hormones are within
the normal range for a healthy woman.

Medical release records from a qualified
licenced professional.

The acceptable range is at the doctors discretion.

Old
  (#18)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkof01 View Post
I found the 2016 rules with a simple google
search.

Basically they need to provide medical
proof that their hormones are within
the normal range for a healthy woman.

Medical release records from a qualified
licenced professional.

The acceptable range is at the doctors discretion.
This may be the case now, but the lines are getting more and more blurry (in our new pc cultural. Non Binary and Gender Fluid are the new steps in this slippery slope. My friend went from female to male now is neither, demands to be referred to as they or mixter.

My iriganl thoughts were mainly about the double standard of dress code these days. But it morfex into a bit more.

Old
  (#19)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
I don't see anything in pool where a woman can't be as good as a man. So very few shots take more strength that an average woman can muster that it should be a non-issue.

Major thing is practice, will to play and learning the right way. If some guy that plays pool decides to play as a woman, then beats all the women, that just means the women he is playing against did not practice or learn as well, not because of sex. It's not like NBA vs WNBA where the women just can't physically compete in the NBA, women pool tournaments vs open tournaments are pretty much due to skill differences, nothing else. It's like any other tournament, if you have to play even with better players, many won't play. So you need to make space for those that are not as good with handicaps, usually it's done with game or ball spots, with women they do it by excluding the men. Anything else said about the division is just fluff or making excuses to not talk about the real reason.

It's not like most sports that take actual physical ability to do properly. It's more like shooting or chess, it's skill and practice not strength or muscles mass or size.
Your viewpoint was discussed pretty well in this little thread that started a couple years ago. I see you posted in it a couple of times, but I don't know whether you read it all. I think it's a pretty good read for anyone interested in the men vs. women topic.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=457520

Old
  (#20)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
This may be the case now, but the lines are getting more and more blurry (in our new pc cultural. Non Binary and Gender Fluid are the new steps in this slippery slope. My friend went from female to male now is neither, demands to be referred to as they or mixter.

My iriganl thoughts were mainly about the double standard of dress code these days. But it morfex into a bit more.
Times will change and I'm sure pool along with the
rest of the world will adapt.

The wpba has a dress code outlined in the rules I found.

They also said that it's a womans tour so regardless
what a person wants to call themselves they still
have to provide medical proof their hormones are
in the female range.

I might be to old to understand all this him/her/they/gender neutral/ gender fluid or whatever
else they call themselves or want to be called.

People are people. If they treat me with respect I will
respond in kind.

I dont think I understand why this bothers you.

At the end of the day pool is pool.
I could put on a dress, a wig, and call myself Shirley.
Chen, Kim, Corr, and a whole host of others are still
gonna whip my a$$ on a pool table more often than not.

Old
  (#21)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

09-21-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Hi Stew,

In another thread I mentioned about the dress codes for some events that as with at different work places, the code differs from the sexes.

Example: Collared shirts, Dress Pants. but in these events women in leggings and wearing a warm up jacket. Double Standard imo.

As for the WPBA thing, I am just wondering how it will be handled in the impending future. You see it in Power Lifting and other sports now. I know men who are high enough Fargorated to play in the upper WPBA ranking but aren't "Pro Players". If they wished to compete, now a days all it seems they need to do is declare Gender Fluid and I think they could push the envelope there (which I disagree with).
I find the dress code issue to be fairly trivial, but Zuglan is an example of a tournament director who is very serious about how people who compete in his events present themselves. If he takes issue with anyone, man or woman, they're sure to hear about it from him. Of course, so few women play in Joss events that the issue is hardly deserving of much attention, and the rules for dress code for women may not even exist for that tour,

Were the gender issue to become sufficiently important in pool, I think WPA is where professional organizations (including WPBA) would look for guidance. In the interim,, the ladies at the WPBA are more than capable of handling the matter skillfully and professionally.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: