Players not at the DCC

Curt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know why players like Mika, Ronnie Alcano, Ralph Eckert, Tony Robles, C J Wiley, Stevie Moore and other greats were'nt at The Derby?

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
I can only talk about Tony Robles ... he's far too busy with his NAPL league in NY to go to derby. I'd expect to see him at the major straight pool events and probably the US Open events though. *shrug*

And I could've sworn I heard Mika's name over the announcement mic once (calling for matches)... maybe it was a "he's on the clock" announcement though, now that I think about it. hrmm.

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex

Pagulayan......his presence was the most missed, this year (I thought).

Heard he was gambling at poker....big.

A true loss for pool.:frown:

Charlie

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Anyone know why players like Mika, Ronnie Alcano, Ralph Eckert, Tony Robles, C J Wiley, Stevie Moore and other greats were'nt at The Derby?

Of these, I'd only call Stevie Moore and Mika Immonen as Derby City regulars, and they were missed, as was Pagulayan.

Why they weren't present is their own personal business and I'd rather not speculate.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Others notably absent were Karl Boyes, who had signed up for the Bigfoot 10-ball, Keith Bennett, and Donny Mills.

Europe has, typically, had very few participants at the Derby, but this year was different, as Nick Vandenberg, third place straight pool finisher Alex Lely, fourth place finisher in the nine ball Ruslan Chinakhov, and others came to their first Derby. All of them had positive experiences and will surely spread the word. Would like to see Chris Melling, Nick Ekonomopoulos, Fabio Petroni, David Alcaide, Stephan Cohen and other Europeans at the Derby one day.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought I read Stevie had to work. His boss must be a real scorpion to make him skip dcc.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the first year that I can remember Harry Platis not being at the Derby City Classic. He is usually there and engaged in Action Jackson.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That damn Bonus Ball. :p

Actually this is true in the case of Stevie Moore. He could not take off over two weeks from his job, so he chose to go to Bogus Ball in Vegas instead of DCC. I hope everyone gets paid when they get there. That is the biggest concern of all the players who are going. Of course you know that too! :cool: