Please Post pic's of Your Real Balabushka's

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really do need to drag mine out and get some better pictures, but here's a couple I've posted earlier. This one has just about everything George was famous for: Bushka rings, glitter bands, railroad tracks, seven veneer index rings etc.. It is in great shape and has never been refinished. It is almost identical to the cue Irving Crane used with the exceptions that his had colored points while mine are black and natural, and he had a leather wrap on his. All four shafts and the butt roll flat as a pancake. I have a 1x4 gator case for it that was made several years ago by Sam Engles. It's a little reminiscent of Harvey Martin's cases.

Wow , That is a Beauty !! One of the nicest ones I have seen when it comes to Bling ! Thank you very much !

How in the fuuuuk can you claim one doesn't find things posted on here by searching for them. You do realize you are saying future users won't see the info here, right?

A little effort in the future. That's all you're being asked for.

I just seen several Balabushka cues that I would have never been able to find by using the search function.

What is the big deal with asking Balabushka owners to post pics of their original Balabushka, and share stories about the history of the cue.

I think it sounds really interesting, and I really love the pics that I have seen so far, from members who were nice enough to post them.

You seem to have a really bad attitude.

If you do not like a post, or think it is stupid, then why not just ignore it, and move on?

I just learned sumthin,,,,, I didn't know George ever used BEM for the forearm. I thought all his cues were straight grain maple.

Guess I don't know it all after all.

Yeah, from all that I have read about him over the years, it sounds like he was against using anything other then Straight Grain Maple, in the forearm.

That is the 2nd Balabushka that I have very recently seen that has a BEM forearm. Very surprising.

I agree with you, I have circled the part of the pic that led me to think it was BEM.

I'm no expert either (by a long shot), this wood grain looks very different from all the other cues he made (Disclaimer: that i have seen)

edit,,, the upload failed but i the eyes are visible to me near the ends of the points (in between the points,,, there are 2 or 3 of them)

That is birds eye maple. I am sure of it. I have never seen Straight Grain Maple that looks like that.

SlowEddie

Registered
My Balabushka

Here's one of mine. Gus Szamboti forearm.

Attachments

• IMG_1126.JPG
    IMG_1126.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_1127.JPG
    IMG_1127.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 238

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all Chief you do not know me well enough to talk to me like that , 2nd from your post I gather you thought for a while on that one , Good comeback . Nice , real Nice. It is Ignorance like yourself that ruins forums , If you don't like it move on and do not stop on this thread but no you must stop and spill some of your Ignorance so we can sit back in awe of your limited intelligence .

I couldn't have said it better myself. If someone doesn't have a photo to post, move on. He asked for photos, not lectures or referrals to other pages. We need to live and let live.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Yeah, from all that I have read about him over the years, it sounds like he was against using anything other then Straight Grain Maple, in the forearm.

That is the 2nd Balabushka that I have very recently seen that has a BEM forearm. Very surprising.

I have heard that Brunswick was not a big fan of curly or BEM for their forearms In Hoppe cues. They would use it it in certain cues but not the Masterstrokes or the Professionals. I have a Brunswick Oak Tru Balance that is all Birdseye from the forearm to the tip:cool:

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Thread is Finally going in the Right Direction as I first wanted it to, I am a Big Fan of George's Work and he created masterpiece's . I Thank all the Lucky Owners who took time to post pic's and share your stories with us and I am for one enjoying it and digging the pic's . I have also learned some info about the wood he used and the ribbon , First time I seen that on a one of his cue's. So in turn I am glad I did not use the Search function . We would have missed out on something neat and seeing these one of a kind Bushka's . Keep em comin ! Thank you to all who contributed !

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I really do need to drag mine out and get some better pictures, but here's a couple I've posted earlier. This one has just about everything George was famous for: Bushka rings, glitter bands, railroad tracks, seven veneer index rings etc.. It is in great shape and has never been refinished. It is almost identical to the cue Irving Crane used with the exceptions that his had colored points while mine are black and natural, and he had a leather wrap on his. All four shafts and the butt roll flat as a pancake. I have a 1x4 gator case for it that was made several years ago by Sam Engles. It's a little reminiscent of Harvey Martin's cases.

I remember when you first got this beauty and posted it. You def have the Kitchen Sink Bushka! :thumbup:

Love it!

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow! You have a monster cue there. If I ever win the lottery, expect me to camp outside your front door, virus or not, LOL.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just seen several Balabushka cues that I would have never been able to find by using the search function.

What is the big deal with asking Balabushka owners to post pics of their original Balabushka, and share stories about the history of the cue.

I think it sounds really interesting, and I really love the pics that I have seen so far, from members who were nice enough to post them.

You seem to have a really bad attitude.

If you do not like a post, or think it is stupid, then why not just ignore it, and move on?

It is precisely the act of scattered information that puts one in the position you describe...seen pics you'd never be able to find.

You evidence the exact shortcoming I suggested should be avoided and I am thankful for your support.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Thread is Finally going in the Right Direction as I first wanted it to, I am a Big Fan of George's Work and he created masterpiece's . I Thank all the Lucky Owners who took time to post pic's and share your stories with us and I am for one enjoying it and digging the pic's . I have also learned some info about the wood he used and the ribbon , First time I seen that on a one of his cue's. So in turn I am glad I did not use the Search function . We would have missed out on something neat and seeing these one of a kind Bushka's . Keep em comin ! Thank you to all who contributed !

What would prevent you from seeing what was posted here, if it had been posted with previous examples...including from those who are no longer on azb?

Hmmmmm?