On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fingers crossed sir!... My my... I'm glad you got the coverage you needed a couple years back... Keep us posted..

Randy

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Remember trying to figure out what was wrong....???

Fingers crossed sir!... My my... I'm glad you got the coverage you needed a couple years back... Keep us posted..

Randy

Hi there Randy, I still remember being in the room and had to go out and play my next match. I felt like I had nothing in the tank and didn't know why. Was trying to eat right and sleep well but there was just something really wrong. Now I know. Now we know.

Glad to be going to Mayo. Dr Multa will be doing my surgery. It will be the robotic surgery. This is important because the healing will be so much quicker with so much less pain down the road.

I had the benefit of having a motorhome fall on me back in about 2010. Broke 3 ribs on one side and one on the other. I was sideways when it fell. Miracle I lived. Having said this I know how long it can take to heal up from some major breaks and cuts. I'm 65 and don't want to be healing for the next 5 years from a big cut down the sternum.

. I want to be out there teaching what I know every single pool player needs to know. I have so much fun doing this because it works so well, is just the way it is and makes the game so much fun for the person that learns this.

After the surgery I will be working on some new videos. Up until now for the past 4 years I have just had enough energy to just try to live. The tournaments that I do try to play in I just turn into a bye as soon as the energy is completely gone. Nothing works. the brain, muscles or the eyes. it's all gone all of a sudden. the only thing that will bring it back is lay down and rest. Most of the time this doesn't even work because the heart will not slow down. Hard to rest or sleep when the heart is beating 100 to 120 beats per minute. Funny how the heart just speeds up to get the job done, when the pump is broke. It doesn't do very good as far as doing things that need focus and coordination, but it keeps you alive.

I'll never forget playing Chris Bartram back in 2013. I made the commitment about a week ahead of time. Mainly to help Ray Hansen do one of his first challenge matches. I had been doing a lot of lessons so I was playing very little. So the Monday before. match I got to the poolhall to try and get into stoke a little. Played for about 2 hours and I hurt my right shoulder terribly. I had shoulder surgery about 2 years before this and it still was not healed up very well. I fried it. I could hardly raise my hand up to scratch my nose.

I remember talking to one of the top local players, Dee Atkins, I had no choice to back out I felt but I could do lessons all week and make some money or try to practice with this bad shoulder I was pretty sure the more practice would just keep it irritated so the lessons were on. I remember dee telling me, just do the lessons and make the cash and do the best you can do in the match. Good advice. it was all I could do.

We played the first day and I jumped out to a lead right away but soon I couldn't function at all. I didn't know that it was my heart. I had no energy. We finished the games for that day and I only won 3 or 4 of the last 20 games. I had no chance.

Got up the next day and could hardly get going. I had no idea what was wrong. I had all kinds of other things to blame my terrible physical condition on. Had a car accident about 6 months before in Peoria. Eventually had my neck fused in 2017 after 3 years of therapy. . Also I'm diabetic and i'm thinking that is the problem. I almost had to call the poolhall and cancel because I didn't even feel like I could drive the second day of the match. Stayed in bed as long as I could. .

As history knows I made it but just went through the motions of finishing the match. Had no chance but I still showed up.

Now that I know how bad this heart is I can't even believe I stayed on the road for 5 years and taught and tried to play.

The cardiologists are telling me that I will not believe how good I will feel once this heart is fixed. I'm anemic all the time and have been for years. This has been going on for at least 25 years. I've had trouble breathing but I was always blaming that on second hand smoke and my lungs. I thought maybe a touch of asthma.

I'm gliding down the final stretch now. On blood thinners to try and eliminate the blood clots in my lungs, (many) and a blood clot in my right leg. Knee was replaced in 2015.

I head to Mayo, Clinic in Rochester Mn on Oct 30th. At this time they will do a couple of tests, pre op and I will stop taking the blood thinner. 5 days later I will be doing the robotic surgery. Dr Multa seems pretty positive about the outcome. They have a pretty good batting average at mayo Clinic. I will have to stay in the hospital there until I can get back on the blood thinners. Kind of touch and go with the clots I guess. I think the ones in my lungs are gone because I can actually breath normally again. For the 3 months before this I felt like I was on a survival mission. So glad being able to breath. breathing is not overrated.

After this heart surgery I will need the left knee replaced. The company is called conformist. They make a custom knee that functions very much like the old one. My right knee replacement is trash but they can't replace it with theirs because too much bone is gone. They are still looking into it.

Once this is done I'm ready to go. Whehhhh.

Things we do to try and play the game we love and play.

I want to say thanks Randy for trying to help me figure things out while we were at the tournament. Never thought it could have been my heart. Kind of hard to play with the heart going 130-140 beats a minute and skipping and jumping about one every 6 beats. That's what was happening when I tried to play.

Some people just thought I had no heart. Just couldn't play anymore when the heat was turned up. When in all reality, I kind of have half a heart trying to do what a whole heart can do.

I have one goal. Get healed up and just get to a big tournament with a bunch of pros.

Second goal is to beat just one top players.

After that I'm going to skip all the other little goals and just win the damn tournament.

Sorry about the long read. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geno - I admire your pluck. I'm about to turn 68 and feel fortunate I've had only one bout of serious illness. That was two years ago, and everything is fine now. Too bad there is no pool hall within a hundred miles, but that's life, it may change sometime in the next few years, and until it does I have my no-name 8 footer in the shop out back, plenty of room, a/c, heat, strato-lounger, TV, laptop, coffee pot, two cats to keep the vermin away, and a double-cover to keep the cats off the felt. Best of luck to you, best wishes for your surgery. I am sure you will feel much better after, my dad had quad bypass about age 75 and it was like turning back the clock fifteen, maybe twenty years. I can't wait to hear of your successes after you get back in the game like I know you can.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm so looking forward to it for sure. This has been bad for so long. I was just sitting thinking the other day and realized I don't go anywhere to just have fun. It's to much work and I get there and I'm so tired I don't enjoy anything. This has been going on for about 30 years. I quit playing pool in 1999 because I just couldn't get up early the next day and play. just too worn out. My heart right now is about as bad as it gets as far as the valves go. Usually this doesn't kill anyone until it goes too far. Mitro valve tore, Aortic valve calcified and leaking and one other valve leaking. I got one hell of a murmur they say. I got 3 weeks to go until the surgery with some days feeling like a survival mission. I am so ready...…….Thanks again...

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had the surgery Monday the 5th of Nov. Got home today. They pretty much told me to take some oxys with me. I told them I didn't need them. Sorry to say they were right. Now back on the blood thinners to get rid of the blood clots in my lungs and the right leg. This heart surgery stuff is no joke. I know what everyone goes through now. Many battle wounds to heal up now. No leaks in the mitro valve. I will be back...…….

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Had the surgery Monday the 5th of Nov. Got home today. They pretty much told me to take some oxys with me. I told them I didn't need them. Sorry to say they were right. Now back on the blood thinners to get rid of the blood clots in my lungs and the right leg. This heart surgery stuff is no joke. I know what everyone goes through now. Many battle wounds to heal up now. No leaks in the mitro valve. I will be back...…….

great news gene
wish you a speedy recovery....:thumbup:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Working out 2 hours a day....

great news gene
wish you a speedy recovery....:thumbup:
I'm kind of pushing it but I need to get back out and teach. Players everywhere need to know how these eyes work. It's actually the one, most simple way to improve your game and give you the ability to get better at a more rapid pace. it also makes the game more fun because you can see what it going on when you stroke the ball.

Many of the young and older local players that I have helped excelled at a very rapid pace. Fun to know I could help.

Played in a tournament this weekend and found out I'm not ready for that. I played well but had some pretty swelled up legs from being there all day and then trying to play the next day with very little sleep.

Not ready but it shouldn't be more than a month if I keep working out like I have.

Doing a couple of Perfect Aim lessons each week and trying to keep in stroke by playing in a few weekly local tournaments.

This heart surgery was no joke. Need to build up the body and lose some weight. About 20 more pounds.

Also want to say thanks for all the support. Thank You everyone.

Last edited:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Gene, I miss your posts.

Your name comes up every once in awhile when talking about road warriors (and hustlers.)

Glad to hear you are at least up.

If you can't remember me, I have a video up in the main section called something like more pool videos. Take a look if ya have some time.

I'm kind of pushing it but I need to get back out and teach. Players everywhere need to know how these eyes work. It's actually the one, most simple way to improve your game and give you the ability to get better at a more rapid pace. it also makes the game more fun because you can see what it going on when you stroke the ball.

Many of the young and older local players that I have helped excelled at a very rapid pace. Fun to know I could help.

Played in a tournament this weekend and found out I'm not ready for that. I played well but had some pretty swelled up legs from being there all day and then trying to play the next day with very little sleep.

Not ready but it shouldn't be more than a month if I keep working out like I have.

Doing a couple of Perfect Aim lessons each week and trying to keep in stroke by playing in a few weekly local tournaments.

This heart surgery was no joke. Need to build up the body and lose some weight. About 20 more pounds.

Also want to say thanks for all the support. Thank You everyone.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I plan on traveling and teaching again. I have a list of pool halls that have asked me to come. Once I feel confident that I can travel and stay healthy I'm gone. I'm only going to non smoking pool halls. I have 2 sons that live in Miami so I will be going there for sure. PM me more info and I will get the pool hall on the list and fit it into my travel and teaching journey. I almost have to stay in each place for about 2 weeks. 3 lessons turn into 5, then 10 and most of the time 20. Can't wait to get back on the road again. 2 months is my time table I'm shooting for. thanks for the interest and hopefully we can meet in person some day.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could be in the cards for sure...

Hey Gene,
When are you going to come down to Sarasota FL? We have a lot of player who would love to learn your system.

I plan on traveling and teaching again. I have a list of pool halls that have asked me to come. Once I feel confident that I can travel and stay healthy I'm gone. I'm only going to non smoking pool halls. I have 2 sons that live in Miami so I will be going there for sure. PM me more info and I will get the pool hall on the list and fit it into my travel and teaching journey. I almost have to stay in each place for about 2 weeks. 3 lessons turn into 5, then 10 and most of the time 20. Can't wait to get back on the road again. 2 months is my time table I'm shooting for. thanks for the interest and hopefully we can meet in person some day.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poolhalls around the country that want me to come and do semnars and Perfect Aim less

Just got a pretty good clean bill of health. I will be going on the road again in about 2 to three months. I've already got around a dozen of poolhalls that want me to do seminars and teach Perfect Aim. I'm going to keep advertising my tour until I get about 40, which shouldn't take long, and plan out a route to go from one to the other. Looking at motorhomes again and can't be more excited. Once I get going in a poolhall the buzz starts to fly. Once a few players see that this is the real deal it catches fire and pretty soon I have to stay an extra week. Poolhalls that are interested on getting on this tour can call me by phone 715-563-8712 or send me a PM here on AZ. It's important that I schedule these ahead of time because I need to make sure I can do all the lessons and get to the next spot. I can only do 2 or 3 a day, full Perfect Aim lessons, so I might have to stay at one location for 3 weeks. No poolhall is too small. I did 27 lessons in one week at one poolhall in Minot, ND. I've seen some of those players since then at tournaments and was totally impressed with their games. Really looking forward to helping players all over the country play to their potential.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
gene
great to hear you are healthy....:thumbup:
hope your tour is a success
larry

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends on how many places I need to stop on my tour?

Hey Geno,

When are you coming down to the west coast of Florida?

I'm going to try and work my way around the USA. I won't know where I will travel until I have about 40 stops planned. It will be like a big snowball rolling around the USA getting bigger and bigger. Gonna be a lot of fun now that I have a full tank of energy. It looks like I will be taking a swing to the East coast and then be heading south. Right now I have 4 stops on the way to the East coast so depending on how many I have will determine when I will get there. Thanks for asking.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to try and work my way around the USA. I won't know where I will travel until I have about 40 stops planned. It will be like a big snowball rolling around the USA getting bigger and bigger. Gonna be a lot of fun now that I have a full tank of energy. It looks like I will be taking a swing to the East coast and then be heading south. Right now I have 4 stops on the way to the East coast so depending on how many I have will determine when I will get there. Thanks for asking.

Gene

I'm in MA on the NH border. In Nashua NH there is Boston Billiards, in Tyngsboro MA there is Maxamillions. In RI there is Snookers. Would definitely be interested in a real lesson vs just the DVD I have.

Thanks,

Pete

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just give me a call...

Gene

I'm in MA on the NH border. In Nashua NH there is Boston Billiards, in Tyngsboro MA there is Maxamillions. In RI there is Snookers. Would definitely be interested in a real lesson vs just the DVD I have.

Thanks,

Pete

Hi there Pete and thanks again for purchasing the video. I don't know if we worked on the phone together but you can give me a call when your by a table and I will run you thru the phone lesson. There is no charge for anyone that purchased the video. This will assure that you are getting the most out of it. In fact I will show you some stuff that was added after the video that is highly beneficial.

And of course I will do the full lesson with you if I get up there. Just give me a call after 3:00 PM. You will be glad you did. Just be by a table when you call.

Thanks again....715-563-8712 Looking forward to your call...

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi there Pete and thanks again for purchasing the video. I don't know if we worked on the phone together but you can give me a call when your by a table and I will run you thru the phone lesson. There is no charge for anyone that purchased the video. This will assure that you are getting the most out of it. In fact I will show you some stuff that was added after the video that is highly beneficial.

And of course I will do the full lesson with you if I get up there. Just give me a call after 3:00 PM. You will be glad you did. Just be by a table when you call.

Thanks again....715-563-8712 Looking forward to your call...
Awesome Gene.

I'll gubevyou a call next well.

Also when you're in the :ares: let me know and I'll try to set up/schedule a lesson with you.

Looking forward to meeting you in person. The Perfect Aim as I understand and practice it us HUGE for me. So any help to Do better understand and practice it will be great...