Recommend Good Break Shaft

Thomas McKane

Lifelong student of one p
Silver Member
Can anybody recommend a good break shaft to add to an extra Meucci stick I have which I don't use? Panther? I want a solid joint so it doesn't hurt the butt over time.

Thanks!

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anybody recommend a good break shaft to add to an extra Meucci stick I have which I don't use? Panther? I want a solid joint so it doesn't hurt the butt over time.

Thanks!

Not trying to be a jerk, but why in the world would you do that?

Spend a couple hundred bucks on break cue and just abuse the hell out of it. Mace, Gilbert or Predator, for just a few hundred.

If you add an "break" shaft to a Meucci, one you have to get something for that joint, and I usually am pretty rough on a break cue. So while the Meucci has limited value anyway, I would sell it and add the money you were going to spend on just a shaft on a cue that was really designed for that purpose, instead of comprimizing something up.

JMO,

Ken

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
Find a reputable local cuemaker in your area... take the butt to him and tell him what you want and see what he'll charge you. That's what I would do.

Either that or just break with your playing cue. Many very good players do that.

stormshadow1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Break shafts

I would just invest in a good breaker like a Predator or Fury.I break with my playing cue(schon ltd) and its just a matter of preference.You could get a nice shaft made for your cue and that would be fine.:thumbup:

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
I use an OB Break shaft and it's by far the best I have used to break with. I have used Predator and McDermott and neither compare, although the Predator comes close (but it eventually broke on me).

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey newstroke, how is the OB break shaft? I saw they announced it but no details on the site and it doesn't appear to be generally available yet. Can you give us some specs and details? i'm using a BK2 now and love it, curious to find out how the OB compares.

rayshooter22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB-Break Shaft

Personally, I bought an OB break shaft at Derby City this year, I strapped it on to my predator BK2, and haven't looked back since.
For me I get alot more feedback with the OB break shaft. I get much more control with the leather tip than the phenolic of the predator shaft as well. I think for the money, there's no better break shaft on the market. You should try and get ahold of one and try it out. See what you like before you make your decision of course.
Hope you find what you're looking for. Good luck.
Break 'em good.
:thumbup:

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
OB break shaft haven't been out long but everyone that has used one loves it. I got mine about 3 months ago and it's the best I've seen.

poolfoole

Banned

Thanks!

The best thing you could do would be to have a cuemaker custom make one for you. Just the shaft wouldn't cost too much. The next best alternative I think would be a predator shaft if it'll fit on the Meucci cue.

Dave Mackay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well i'm quite late in the line on this but

OB BREAK SHAFT

Is the way forwards!!!!!!

I did used to use just the break shaft but now i have a full cue :thumbup:

Highly recommended!!!!

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
with good break cues starting at 65bucks (a la J&J) to 400 (pick a cuemaker) why would you risk damaging the meucci (i smirked when i wrote that). why not sell the meucci and buy a better break cue and pocket the extra cash

JAW725

Southpaw
Silver Member
I use an OB Break shaft and it's by far the best I have used to break with. I have used Predator and McDermott and neither compare, although the Predator comes close (but it eventually broke on me).

Hello,

I was wondering if the OB Break Shaft is as flexible as the OB-1 or if the taper is more stiff and solid?

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I've been waiting for the OB Break Shaft to be readily available at online stores as well.... still waiting.... tic toc tic toc... :eek:

bell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Solid break cue

By definition a break cue is a beater. Why pay hundreds for a cue you are going to beat up. Buy J&J Break Cue, made in China (yeah that why they are to cheap). Although cheap, these cues come of a conical 14mm shaft and short ferrule, and variety of tips. One variation is the Kaiser, this cue has a wood pin joint on the shaft side and hits good. I put a WD tip on this cue and am happy. This is a good breaker or jump cue for the money.

Dave Mackay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,

I was wondering if the OB Break Shaft is as flexible as the OB-1 or if the taper is more stiff and solid?

Its a much stiffer taper than the OB-1 and slightly fatter taper. When combined with the break cue butt which is "quad -lam" then its just different class!!!!!!!

recanizegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By definition a break cue is a beater. Why pay hundreds for a cue you are going to beat up. Buy J&J Break Cue, made in China (yeah that why they are to cheap). Although cheap, these cues come of a conical 14mm shaft and short ferrule, and variety of tips. One variation is the Kaiser, this cue has a wood pin joint on the shaft side and hits good. I put a WD tip on this cue and am happy. This is a good breaker or jump cue for the money.

+1, I'm pleased with the Kaiser jump/break. Does the job for me.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Mark Bear made me a really nice purpleheart break shaft with a phenolic tip/ferrule combination. He's in Fredericksburg, VA. http://www.bearcues.com if you want to contact him or check out his website.