Female with 790 FargoRate

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Siming Chen is now the #28 player in the world and the #1 female.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love it. If she was American she’d be on the Mosconi Cup team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay said years ago she might be first woman to win a men's pro event.

I bet she could for some premiere events, US Open, World Pool Masters, Derby City Classic, etc. But I’m pretty sure Karen Corr already won some men’s pro events.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet she could for some premiere events, US Open, World Pool Masters, Derby City Classic, etc. But I’m pretty sure Karen Corr already won some men’s pro events.

Allison won the fist men's tourny she entered and Karen has won some Joss Tour stops but none of them were full pro events. GYK got 2nd to Oscar in the monthly open (96 Players) at Hardtimes Belleflower. GYK also won a men's (no top pros) event in Fla. When she won two of the players she had beaten asked her for help with their game. GYK immediately critiqued their game being dead on. She is an excellent instructor in a couple of things. I saw her give a posture instructional to Dawn Hopkins that was excellent. When GYK speaks, everyone listens.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Tell me something, would she stl have a 790 if she were always playing against the better male players?

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Jay said years ago she might be first woman to win a men's pro event.

Hmm...Then why doesn't she? I mean, I don't want to be a negative Nancy here, but I for one would like to see how she does against a killer field of men rather than putting all my eggs in the Fargo basket. We can speculate all we want, but until it happens I'll remain sceptical.

That being said, I think she is a fantastic player.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmm...Then why doesn't she? I mean, I don't want to be a negative Nancy here, but I for one would like to see how she does against a killer field of men rather than putting all my eggs in the Fargo basket. We can speculate all we want, but until it happens I'll remain sceptical.

That being said, I think she is a fantastic player.

It's a fair question. I can only speculate. My first guess is that she doesn't need to come to the USA and play in all our events because China is already hosting its own world events and probably giving her governmental support as a world-class athlete.

My second guess is a matter of opportunity. I assume most major men's events she'd have access to would, happen to also have a women's event that she'd be a favorite to win. I also don't know their culture or rules. Perhaps it'd be frowned upon in the culture if not outright prohibited in the tournament rules.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This just inspired a brilliant idea. Battle of the Sexes. Mosconi Cup format. Take the top 5 women and match them up with 5 men that have the exact same Fargo rating. You could have regional versions (North America-only, Europe-only, Asia-only) and then do a world version.

It may feel unfair to the men because you're not putting up the 5 best, but it would be fun in terms of creating something that would be fairly even-up and wildly entertaining. I think the entire concept puts Fargo to the test if not also promotes it.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I can say is after watching her hit some against Kelly Fisher, I don't think she is a favorite to win against Mila or Cory. Just Saying...

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
I just watched a couple of matches with Siming Chen, against Chezka Centeno and Xiaoting Pan and it was pretty entertaining! I find it interesting that she pulls her cue back quite far even for soft shots. These three are definitely a pleasure to watch!

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

She recently played Euro tour leg. Beat Bruno Ernst and Daryl Peach but lost to Albin. Then went on to win the women's event
https://europeanpocketbilliardfederation.com/huge-surprises-dominate-day-1-in-klagenfurt/

If she plays more men's top events like W9B , US Open, I am sure it is matter of time before she finishes high like top 16/top 8. Let us be fair-Don't talk about winning whole thing cos since when did we expect 790 Fargo like Ignacio, Lo Li Wen,Hijikata, Kiamco to win W9B,US Open?
Question is why should she when she is consistently making top money dominating women's events. Why unnecessarily ruffle feathers of men who take loss to women like having their balls cut off? :grin:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She recently played Euro tour leg. Beat Bruno Ernst and Daryl Peach but lost to Albin. Then went on to win the women's event
https://europeanpocketbilliardfederation.com/huge-surprises-dominate-day-1-in-klagenfurt/

If she plays more men's top events like W9B , US Open, I am sure it is matter of time before she finishes high like top 16/top 8. Let us be fair-Don't talk about winning whole thing cos since when did we expect 790 Fargo like Ignacio, Lo Li Wen,Hijikata, Kiamco to win W9B,US Open?
Question is why should she when she is consistently making top money dominating women's events. Why unnecessarily ruffle feathers of men who take loss to women like having their balls cut off? :grin:

Kiamco won DCC 9-ball two years ago. A 790 won’t win as many majors as an 800+ but they can and eventually will win something notable here and there.

But I agree. The China Open pays barely more for the men’s winner than women’s winner. Why risk the payday for pride? Women’s winner pays a lot more than 5th place.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member

Two things will happen. She will finish high occasionally and her Fargo Rating will drop to 720~730. Given enough high level inputs and all the Top Females would come in around there.

demartini rocks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a fantastic player. one of the few women i've enjoyed watching play pool over the years.she and karen corr are light years ahead of all the women players that are out there. would not mind seeing her and corr play 9 ball race to 50. a women's version of color of money.
against the top 50 player men players in the world she would need some weight. even with no weight she dangerous and would not be a pushover.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Great player with a shot of becoming the next Allison Fisher. Tough act to follow and the consistency has to be there for at least a decade straight :)

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She's a great player, but I just don't see how she can be called the favorite against someone like Chinahov, who could probably spot her 50 games to 100...There are some seriously bad dudes south of her on the Fargo list.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She's a great player, but I just don't see how she can be called the favorite against someone like Chinahov, who could probably spot her 50 games to 100...There are some seriously bad dudes south of her on the Fargo list.

Only one way to find out. I am sure Ruslan and his backers are up for the challenge.