anyone know this person making new rails for brunswick tables?

scud_redlion

Registered
Shout out to a great guy Mr. Jerimy Chambers. I contacted Jerimy to build me a Brunwick Gold Crown 3 Rails and accepted it eventhou his schedules are full. I got to know about Jerimy in this thread so I am posting my experience here. I made a downpayment for the project to start and he occassionally updated me with the progress of the project. He was always in constant touch with me regarding the progress and what pocket opennings and configurations I want. From reading on Azbilliards forums I decided on the procut pocket opennings. He was always in touch with me and gave suggestions for this build. He even went out of his way to custom order a laminate formica to make my table looks more beautiful. He is one top notch guy, very precise and courteous with his customers. When the rails arrived at my place, by the way I live in the Philippines, I can’t believe how beautiful they are. Honestly they are more beautiful than the Brunswick work. We installed the rails last weekend and I cant believe how precise his measurements were. All the insert nuts and bolt holes were exactly where they should be. When I measured the pockets opennings using 2 pool balls they are all exactly the same and then I measured again using a tape measurements the corner opennings were exactly 4 ½ inch and the side pockets exactly 5 inch each. Above all the playability of the table is better than the stock brunswick rails. This guy is an expert with pool tables. I am now one happy guy and thanks to this thread, I found Jerimy Chambers.
Now I commissioned him again to build me a Brunswick Gold Crown 4 Rails. Can’t wait for them to arrived here. Many thanks again Jerimy.

Robert Young
Philippines

PS. I want to attach some pictures of the rails and the table assembled but I can't find a way to do this.

Thank you very much for the kind words and pics!

Im sorry to those who I never got back to with questions. I rarely have time to get to the computer. I am unfortunately backed up about 2 months right now so I will not be taking any deposits until I can get started on that order. I can however make contact with interested parties when next in line. Thanks again, Jerimy.

Attachments

• IMG_1148.jpg
    IMG_1148.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_1157 copy.jpg
    IMG_1157 copy.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_1534 copy.jpg
    IMG_1534 copy.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_1535 copy.jpg
    IMG_1535 copy.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 673

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Redshoes Billiards in Alsip IL (south Chicago) had their old Gold Crown rails replaced with Jerimy's about a year or two ago. You can try them there, they play REAL nice.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thank you very much for the kind words and pics!

Im sorry to those who I never got back to with questions. I rarely have time to get to the computer. I am unfortunately backed up about 2 months right now so I will not be taking any deposits until I can get started on that order. I can however make contact with interested parties when next in line. Thanks again, Jerimy.

Those look AMAZING!!!

Trent from Toledo

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! Looks fabulous Jerimy! Thanks for sharing the pics, I think I may want to get on the list for some new Anniversary rails.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
attachment.php

Cloth side down ?
No air pockets/compression groove ( or whatever you call that ) behind the cushion?

Hell of a joinery there . Looks incredible.

cnyncrvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One hell of a beautiful job. I would be willing to bet there are plenty of guys who would pay to come work at your shop and help you get caught up just to learn from you!!! Seriously unbelievable craftsmanship! I can see with absolute certainty that you take great pride in your work!

These are beautiful. What is the cost for a full set? This product more than anything else would preserve GC tables almost indefinitely.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Thank you all very much.. Yes Donny I do all the joinery. Approximate pricing is 1300 for Gold Crowns and 1500 for walnut Anniversary. There is a lot of waste in making them this way but I wanted to make sure they would be an excellent product. I don’t make much money producing these believe me but I felt they were desperately needed in this country. I will post some pics tomorrow explaining a little more of this endeavor.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thank you all very much.. Yes Donny I do all the joinery. Approximate pricing is 1300 for Gold Crowns and 1500 for walnut Anniversary. There is a lot of waste in making them this way but I wanted to make sure they would be an excellent product. I don’t make much money producing these believe me but I felt they were desperately needed in this country. I will post some pics tomorrow explaining a little more of this endeavor.

I want a set of BOTH! :)

Trent from Toledo

That pricing is a bargain. I have the same questions Joey has. Why is the cushion relief gap filled and why are the cushions mounted upside down in the pics? Other than that these look better than original by far.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just love the choice of ash for subrails. I keep sitting here drooling on the keyboard. Perfect wood for the application. Don't know enough about OEM rails - maybe it's common? Do manufacturers use ash? Can't wait to see more pix.

smt

Hi, Im back. Please make no mistake...... The cushions are not installed upside down. The cushions used here are Artemis Intercontinenntal k-66 which is actually a K-55 3c profile. The customer requested this cushion. They are installed correctly for pocket pool. Cushions that are designed with an arc are made to be installed arc on the top. This arc has two purposes.... Its designed to make a smooth transition from the height of the subrail down to the nose height of the cushion as well as multiple approach angles for the cue. Meaning the tip of the cue can remain resting on or the same distance from the cushion as the elevation of the butt of the cue changes. I have seen people and manufacturers install them both ways but they were not designed that way. To place the canvas control strip on the top produces a harder impact and stiffer rebound which is ok for 3c but not necessary for lighter 2-1/4" pool balls. To install this type of cushion upside down makes for a flat tapered bevel on top of the rail which leaves an unsightly edge under the cloth and no smooth transition. it also makes for a bulbous cushion effect on the underside of the rail with transfers visually to the pocket facings.

As far as the cushion relief being filled; the cushion was also designed with this relief in the back for a purpose. it is actually an index relief. The tooling is cut to provide an indexer on the subrail as the rails are run through the moulder. This was designed many many years ago to take any error out of installing the cushions. With this index in place the nose height of the cushion remains true the entire length of the rail. This is an EXTREMELY important key. It was lost through the years due to the adaptation of many different profiles of cushions being produced. The technicians had to cut the indexers off to be able to install different profiles on tables that weren't produced with newer or Specification cushions. Somehow manufacturing has gotten away from this critical component. Run your hand down the top and bottom of the rails on any table you will find that they are wavy. Which means that the nose height also varies. some even have excess glue seeping out. This index eliminates that. I make sure my indexers fill the relief 100%. This makes sure theres no air movement behind the cushion pushing out at the pocket facings. This makes for TRUE instant rebound. Only rubber cushion rebound. Not hesitant springy rebound.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Hi, Im back. Please make no mistake...... The cushions are not installed upside down. The cushions used here are Artemis Intercontinenntal k-66 which is actually a K-55 3c profile. The customer requested this cushion. They are installed correctly for pocket pool. Cushions that are designed with an arc are made to be installed arc on the top. This arc has two purposes.... Its designed to make a smooth transition from the height of the subrail down to the nose height of the cushion as well as multiple approach angles for the cue. Meaning the tip of the cue can remain resting on or the same distance from the cushion as the elevation of the butt of the cue changes. I have seen people and manufacturers install them both ways but they were not designed that way. To place the canvas control strip on the top produces a harder impact and stiffer rebound which is ok for 3c but not necessary for lighter 2-1/4" pool balls. To install this type of cushion upside down makes for a flat tapered bevel on top of the rail which leaves an unsightly edge under the cloth and no smooth transition. it also makes for a bulbous cushion effect on the underside of the rail with transfers visually to the pocket facings.

As far as the cushion relief being filled; the cushion was also designed with this relief in the back for a purpose. it is actually an index relief. The tooling is cut to provide an indexer on the subrail as the rails are run through the moulder. This was designed many many years ago to take any error out of installing the cushions. With this index in place the nose height of the cushion remains true the entire length of the rail. This is an EXTREMELY important key. It was lost through the years due to the adaptation of many different profiles of cushions being produced. The technicians had to cut the indexers off to be able to install different profiles on tables that weren't produced with newer or Specification cushions. Somehow manufacturing has gotten away from this critical component. Run your hand down the top and bottom of the rails on any table you will find that they are wavy. Which means that the nose height also varies. some even have excess glue seeping out. This index eliminates that. I make sure my indexers fill the relief 100%. This makes sure theres no air movement behind the cushion pushing out at the pocket facings. This makes for TRUE instant rebound. Only rubber cushion rebound. Not hesitant springy rebound.

Thanks for the detailed answer JC.

Last edited:

scud_redlion

Registered
Wow!! You never fail to impress me Jerimy. So many technical words that I cannot understand. Hahaha.
Believe me, the rails Jerimy build for me are the best I ever played on. It is all worth the wait and money.
Hi Jerimy, when can you start my GC4 Rails? Let me know if I need to send the downpayment.
Thanks

Robert

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Wow!! You never fail to impress me Jerimy. So many technical words that I cannot understand. Hahaha.
Believe me, the rails Jerimy build for me are the best I ever played on. It is all worth the wait and money.
Hi Jerimy, when can you start my GC4 Rails? Let me know if I need to send the downpayment.
Thanks

Robert

Where have you tried his rails?
How do they bank on old cloth ?
Thanks

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
That index relief makes a lot of sense.
I wonder if you are the only one doing it these days .

I have seen way too many wavy cushions.

Attachments

• cushions .jpg
    cushions .jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 363