1966 revisited AGAIN!:)

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
alstl said:
Yes it was A Balabushka. It for sale a few years ago. Someone told me that he missed buying it for around $12K by only a few hoursThat's what made me think it was a Balabushka.

Both gentlemen owned Balabushka cues, if anyone could freeze some good screen shots of the cues it would be nice. But they both owned a lot of cues. It wasn't unheard of back in the day that they would receive complimentary cues from cuemakers.

JV

Poz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For several years in the early 60's I would go to the Commodore Hotel on 42nd Street in New York City for the World 14.1 Championship. These were the years when 14.1 was THE game. The tournament ran from 12 AM to 12 PM with all of the greats. Mosconi, Caras, Lassiter, Murphy, Crane, Balsis, Cranfield, Butera, and on and on. They were all decked out in their tuxedos and played in the incredible wood paneled ball room of the Commodore in front of perhaps 500 - 1000 spectators, most smoking cigarettes and cigars. Quite a happening. To me, this is what left the biggest impression as to the greatness of pool and its participants.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
classiccues said:
Both gentlemen owned Balabushka cues, if anyone could freeze some good screen shots of the cues it would be nice. But they both owned a lot of cues. It wasn't unheard of back in the day that they would receive complimentary cues from cuemakers.

JV

and if any cue makers would like to carry on that great tradition with me, I will play my best, and speak highly of their equipment wherever I play!;)

sorry I can't promise 100's everywhere I play, but most likely 50, and the occasional 75! LOL :)

Gerry

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
Just be careful there are some very poor quality recordings for sale..........for those of you that like old pics check out www.newdeco.com i have purchsed from them and they are nice to do business with..:) when you go to that site click on Billiard photos then click on page #31 then check out pic #482 the audience and the setting for the Hoppe vs Schaefer match 1925..

Last edited: