players

juggler314

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's funny you think the website might have any relevant information. Just wait until it actually starts, you'd be lucky to have any updates at the end of the day let alone as it's going on.

Every year since 2007 I've been *****ing about this and have even directly called them out. I get that there's likely no money to hire anyone to do it - but the website is complete rubbish. It's poorly designed and ugly. There's flash all over it when the web has moved to html5. Information is CONSTANTLY lacking.

There are *free* services that you can use to do live brackets, just link it from there. DP however seems to not want to do anything at all unless some third party is paying them to do it - so the website remains terrible and is barely updated.

2007 complaints: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=67845

2008 complaints: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=1379864#post1379864

I guess a decade or so isn't enough time for minor improvements. At least there's been streaming the last couple of years...

juggler314

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mean seriously - the tournament is NEXT WEEK and the info section still has the 2015 information in it.

You know why pool doesn't have more money and a better following - because people can't even be bothered to setup a functional useful website - let alone running tournaments in a way that attracts sponsors and investors.

The players list includes none of the announced groups so far - it should be updated as they are announced. I guess someone thinks making posts on facebook is enough and editing the website is too hard?

The copyright at the bottom still says 2014.

The schedule link contains no information about 2016 - not even what days have what.

And also, even when they do update it - if they do the same thing as years past - they just post a pdf, that is not updated very regularly. Who posts a pdf rather than just having it as a web page...could you make it more annoying? I think not.

The steinway billiards sponor link goes to a website that isn't built (rather than pointing to say their facebook page which at least contains some content.

It makes me sad.

Dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Juggler I feel your pain. They don't seem to care and are oblivious to the basics of running a sporting event.
The best thing you can do is jump on the R train and see the good and the bad with your own eyes. The quality of play will be worth it. The business end, well that's another matter.
If you can't make it to Queens, look for the smoke signals over Astoria. DP finds it more straightforward than that internet thing.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Here's where we are at right now. groups are not being announced in order so please bare with me:

Group 1

Group 2
Shane Van Boening (USA)
Jayson Shaw SCO
Danny Barouty (CA)
Emily Duddy (NY)
Q NJ Ty Woodward (NJ)
Q IA Randy Hanson (IA)

Group 3
Dennis Orcollo (PHL)
Earl Strickland (NY)
Tom Karabatsos (IL)
Blair Levandowski (NY)
Q CA Bob Jewett (CA)
Q CHI Ron Dobosenski (WI)

Group 4
Darren Appleton (ENG)
Tony Robles (NY)
Carl Khan (ENG)
Eddie Kwok (NY)
Q NYC Jonathan Smith (NY)
Q CHI Bob Cozzolino (IL)

Group 5
Mika Immonen (FIN)
Johnny Archer (GA)
Frank Scharbach (GER)
Jim Colling (IL)
Peter Hull (OH)
NYC Qualifier Gene Ok (NY)

Group 6
John Schmidt (USA)
Ralph Eckert (GER)
John Schott (NY)
Mark Snodgrass (OH)
Ed Culhane (NJ)
Q NJ Holden Chin (NY)

Group 7
Stephan Cohen (FRA)
Danny Harriman (MO)
Jorge Rodriguez (NY)
Tom Gleich (NC)
Dean Markoshan (IL)
Q IA James Landrum (IA)

Group 8
Lo Li Wen (TPE)
Zion Zvi ( ISR)
Michael Yednak (NY)
James Heller (NJ)
Ron Mason (NY)
Q CA Elliot Eisenberg (CA)

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's not the way Dennis Orcollo spells his name, so far as I know. And why do I always have to play him?

It's traditional to draw the groups at the players' meeting.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
That's not the way Dennis Orcollo spells his name, so far as I know. And why do I always have to play him?

It's traditional to draw the groups at the players' meeting.

Well thats the way that Dragon Promotions spells it, since i copied and pasted their info.

Thanks for the catch Bob, and look forward to seeing you next week !!

-Steve

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's where we are at right now. groups are not being announced in order so please bare with me:

Group 1

Group 2

Group 3
Dennis Orcollo (PHL)
Earl Strickland (NY)
Tom Karabatsos (IL)
Blair Levandowski (NY)
Q CA Bob Jewett (CA)
Q CHI Ron Dobosenski (WI)

Group 4

Group 5
Mika Immonen (FIN)
Johnny Archer (GA)
Frank Scharbach (GER)
Jim Colling (IL)
Peter Hull (OH)
NYC Qualifier Gene Ok (NY)

Group 6

Group 7

Group 8
Lo Li Wen (TPE)
Zion Zvi ( ISR)
Michael Yednak (NY)
James Heller (NJ)
Ron Mason (NY)
Q CA Elliot Eisenberg (CA)

Just 6 in each group, with 8 groups? Do they not have the intended 56 players? Or will a 7th player be added later?