Deeper pockets for a Gold Crown III?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Oh hurt me please! Like it really matters.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

It must matter a lot to you, because you created a new screen name just to get back on AZB....can't handle NOT being able to toll must drive you nuts! And the fact that you had to create a new screen name must mean you've been banned repeatedly, oh well....won't be much longer and you'll be gone again, nice talking with you....bye bye!

It must matter a lot to you, because you created a new screen name just to get back on AZB....can't handle NOT being able to toll must drive you nuts! And the fact that you had to create a new screen name must mean you've been banned repeatedly, oh well....won't be much longer and you'll be gone again, nice talking with you....bye bye!

Repeatedly! Oh Glenn....get a real life. One of substance. You know my number. Got something to say fat boy then call me. I use the site for various different things. Including selling glue! I actually do transactions. When are you going to figure out that nobody cares? And I mean nobody! Did your daughter check on you this morning? Make sure you didn’t roll over in your own vomit again? Stick to the little life you have.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Repeatedly! Oh Glenn....get a real life. One of substance. You know my number. Got something to say fat boy then call me. I use the site for various different things. Including selling glue! I actually do transactions. When are you going to figure out that nobody cares? And I mean nobody! Did your daughter check on you this morning? Make sure you didn’t roll over in your own vomit again? Stick to the little life you have.

You sound jealous little boy, don't worry, someday you'll grow up just like everyone else has.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Wouldn’t you have to replace the castings if you did that? GCIV has the flush pocket setup.

Here, lets go back and try this again, so your feelings don't get hurt again. First off, the GC4 pocket castings are not interchangeable with any other model of GCs as they have a completely different mounting system, then, the GC4 rails and castings are a 1/2" wider than the 1,2,or 3 rails. Now, recessed pocket lip is not actually dropped down to mount the pockets, it's raised up around the pocket lip. So, the pocket lip and mounting screws are in the exact same places as they would be on any GC style castings, and yes that includes the Anniversary and Centennial models as well. The big difference is the basket is much larger, therefore the pockets hold more balls, the draw back is they also conflict with the frame under the pocket shelfs, they should be modified to match the same as a GC4 frame, but yes, you can still install the drop pockets, i just don't care for the fight to get them installed, so i modify the frames. Then, the lip of the pocket is also thinner on top of the casting which makes for a very nice low profile look. And i have to give credit where credit is due, Mark Gregory told me about the fit of the GC4 drop pockets years ago, so, I've been using them ever since. And unlike a lot of people here on AZB, Mark and i talk almost daily, because we don't consider ourselves to be competitive, we're better friends than that, and besides, there's plenty of work to go around if you know what you're doing.

Now, is that a good enough explanation for you?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Now here where my problem is when it comes to giving answers to certain questions here on AZB. If Mark asks me something, or i ask Mark something, and we have each others answer, we don't question it, because we know it's right. So to answer the question about not holding enough balls in the pockets, i provided an answer, simple and short. But then i go through all the hassel of explaining my answer, why? Have i EVER given anyone on AZB bad advice before? My answer short as it was, should have been enough!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And then, the person who gives me the most shit over my answer....ISN'T even a pool table MECHANIC!

Here, lets go back and try this again, so your feelings don't get hurt again. First off, the GC4 pocket castings are not interchangeable with any other model of GCs as they have a completely different mounting system, then, the GC4 rails and castings are a 1/2" wider than the 1,2,or 3 rails. Now, recessed pocket lip is not actually dropped down to mount the pockets, it's raised up around the pocket lip. So, the pocket lip and mounting screws are in the exact same places as they would be on any GC style castings, and yes that includes the Anniversary and Centennial models as well. The big difference is the basket is much larger, therefore the pockets hold more balls, the draw back is they also conflict with the frame under the pocket shelfs, they should be modified to match the same as a GC4 frame, but yes, you can still install the drop pockets, i just don't care for the fight to get them installed, so i modify the frames. Then, the lip of the pocket is also thinner on top of the casting which makes for a very nice low profile look. And i have to give credit where credit is due, Mark Gregory told me about the fit of the GC4 drop pockets years ago, so, I've been using them ever since. And unlike a lot of people here on AZB, Mark and i talk almost daily, because we don't consider ourselves to be competitive, we're better friends than that, and besides, there's plenty of work to go around if you know what you're doing.

Now, is that a good enough explanation for you?

See that wasn’t so tough was it. You don’t always have to be a blow hard. You can occasionally be a human and get away with it. My initial question was innocent. Now understand I don’t benefit from the answer other than pure curiosity. Had you answered anywhere near this polite I can guarantee you we wouldn’t be at this point.

Now here where my problem is when it comes to giving answers to certain questions here on AZB. If Mark asks me something, or i ask Mark something, and we have each others answer, we don't question it, because we know it's right. So to answer the question about not holding enough balls in the pockets, i provided an answer, simple and short. But then i go through all the hassel of explaining my answer, why? Have i EVER given anyone on AZB bad advice before? My answer short as it was, should have been enough!

Your answer was what it was. It’s your style. A simple response could have been they fit. That would have been that.

And then, the person who gives me the most shit over my answer....ISN'T even a pool table MECHANIC!

No I am not. Nor do I want to be. I don’t have the time and it’s not my passion. Who knows maybe someday it will but I seriously doubt it.

It’s not about a mechanic. It’s a forum. By its nature it’s a share information format. I had a simple question. There was no need to be a dick.

That’s the point.

Last edited: