Blackjack Video

JLW

Dunder Mifflin Salesman
Silver Member
So how about it Blackjack? When are you going to make some 14.1 instructional videos? It's great to see high runs, but I'd like to see some videos where lots of different scenarios are dissected. Any plans for making any videos in the near future?

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
I don't believe that there is much of a market for 14.1 instructional videos. Of course straight pool has its die hard fans, but it would be very difficult to get a company to put some money behind the production - however...

If there is enough interest within this forum and within the pool world, perhaps at some point I can get with John Schmidt, Bobby Hunter, Thorsten Hohmann, Danny Harriman, Ralf Souquet, Jim Rempe, and others to create an in depth instructional video from great players that have contrasting styles. The players I just mentioned could run circles around my abilities and my knowledge of the game.

The World 14.1 Championships are coming up soon and it would be a great opportunity to ask around to see if the players would be interested in helping with this venture. Watching the best players in the world is the best teacher you will ever find. I would also recommend that somebody record the matches this year. If somebody is willing to record the matches, I would be more than willing to add the commentary and give my thoughts - buy me lunch and we'll call it even. Will anybody bite at that offer? Let's wait and see. I am willing to do everything possible to revive the popularity of straight pool. If anybody is seriously interested in doing this, let me know.

JLW

Dunder Mifflin Salesman
Silver Member
Blackjack said:
I don't believe that there is much of a market for 14.1 instructional videos. Of course straight pool has its die hard fans, but it would be very difficult to get a company to put some money behind the production - however...

If there is enough interest within this forum and within the pool world, perhaps at some point I can get with John Schmidt, Bobby Hunter, Thorsten Hohmann, Danny Harriman, Ralf Souquet, Jim Rempe, and others to create an in depth instructional video from great players that have contrasting styles. The players I just mentioned could run circles around my abilities and my knowledge of the game.

The World 14.1 Championships are coming up soon and it would be a great opportunity to ask around to see if the players would be interested in helping with this venture. Watching the best players in the world is the best teacher you will ever find. I would also recommend that somebody record the matches this year. If somebody is willing to record the matches, I would be more than willing to add the commentary and give my thoughts - buy me lunch and we'll call it even. Will anybody bite at that offer? Let's wait and see. I am willing to do everything possible to revive the popularity of straight pool. If anybody is seriously interested in doing this, let me know.
I don't know what the cost would be to put together some type of instructional video, but I'd certainly be willing to kick in some dough to see it happen. I'm sure this forum would support it.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Blackjack said:
.... I would also recommend that somebody record the matches this year. If somebody is willing to record the matches, I would be more than willing to add the commentary and give my thoughts - buy me lunch and we'll call it even. ..
Last year Dragon Promotions made videos of some of the matches. I suspect that they hold the video rights.