Randy Mobley merry widow

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
For Sale: Rare cue... Randy Mobley merry widow dark rosewood or cocobolo with black leather wrap. Finish is in excellent condition. No dings or dents in the shafts. Ring are black phenolic. with flat faced joint.

Weighs 19 oz and comes with two shafts. One shaft is 13.1mm the other is 12.8mm at the base of the ferrule.

Cue is in excellent condition and hits extremely well. It's too nice for me to bring to the bars and just sits in my case.

Reduced Price $old within con/us.

Last edited:

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
yes..there is a thread for weight a bolt but currently it does not have one.

So you can always add weight to it.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Nevermind, I will let someone else get this cue, I saw some different pictures and while really nice that wrap is too corse for my taste. Good luck with the sale and who ever gets this cue will have one solid hitter I am sure of that.

Also, if you search Randy Mobley there are other pictures from JumpinJoe that show the beauty of the wood and a closer look at the wrap.

-don

Last edited:

sengkun108

sengkun108
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Mobley...merry widow

would you like to trade it with 2 BEM plain jane Jeff Olney plus 200 dollar cash....I'm from Indonesia...If you have interest ..i will send my cue to you for you to check it out..before you sent me the mobley.

Best
Dedy

sengkun108

sengkun108
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
i forget...the Olney have a custom Joint protector from Jim Baxter..Both

And one of the Olney got a Leather wrap and other is green/white irish linen wrap..

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
The wrap is softer than it looks. I enjoy playing with a wrapless cue but didn't have an discomfort with this wrap.

Lots of interesting trades but unfortunately cash is king.

daniel

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
is this cue signed? I beleive I owned this cue & there should be a date & sig.

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have to say, its a pretty cue. I'm shocked that Randy would charge $1,500 for it though. Not saying he doesn't. I just think thats a bit steep.

YOUR price though is great. Sadly, I'm broke as a joke. lol

Either way, good luck with your sale.

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
The cue is signed above the handle "RM 98". Cue was completed in 1998. Talked to Randy the other week and he was charging $1500 for Plain Jane cues for older and newer made cues.

Brain71

Railbird
Silver Member
Rating - 99%
103   1   1
I have to say, its a pretty cue. I'm shocked that Randy would charge $1,500 for it though. Not saying he doesn't. I just think thats a bit steep.

YOUR price though is great. Sadly, I'm broke as a joke. lol

Either way, good luck with your sale.

When Dennis Searing is charging $2500 for a plain jane and Black Boar is charging almost $4000 for a plain jane with a spider on it, Mobley seems kind of reasonable to me.

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
228   1   0

When a base 4pt cue is $2,800+, then $1,500 for a solid forearm cue sounds about right to me.

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Let's cut the crap. I'll take it for $725.00 shipped. Did Randy make his usual joint protectors for this cue?
"country" Bob

Last edited: