Any Daz vs earl updates?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But he's good for the game.

Or so they say.

They being the defenders of his actions.

A lot of his defenders have only seen him play once or twice. When they finally see him in his full Earl Mode they usually are not so vocal. Tonight was nothing extraordinary. I have seen him more embarrassing.

He is ill and sees only his own 'bad rolls' even when his opponent has just as many or more. It's almost like a paranoia thing and i believe he likes to punish himself also. Tomorrow he will tell you that all his actions were justified. Im not sure there is a med that would help him and still allow him to play well. I am not a doctor-i just play one in my head.;)

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, a buddy of Daz's takes a swig out of a water bottle.. Earl calls him on it.. they exchange words... Earl misses something like the 2 ball... Earl rakes the balls... The guy yells "Oh, that was MY fault!?"...

And it's go-time. The benches cleared, Upstate Al had to mute the microphones. Dogs and Cats living together. Pandemonium.

Well I slightly exaggerate for affect, but only slightly.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, a buddy of Daz's takes a swig out of a water bottle.. Earl calls him on it.. they exchange words... Earl misses something like the 2 ball... Earl rakes the balls... The guy yells "Oh, that was MY fault!?"...

And it's go-time. The benches cleared, Upstate Al had to mute the microphones. Dogs and Cats living together. Pandemonium. We'll I slightly exaggerate for affect, but only slightly.

Yup; pretty close.

Too bad Chad didn't foresee something like this as quite likely and put some sort of severe penalty(ies) in a contract.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...i believe he likes to punish himself also.

I'm sure you are right.

Grady Mathews told an interesting story, I think when he and Billy were commentating TAR #1. Grady said he had just lost a big match and wanted to punish himself by going broke. He was walking by the craps table and yelled out "$15,000 the shooter passes". The Boxman says "Bet, Mr. Grady". In 30 minutes he ended up wining $60,000...

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of his defenders have only seen him play once or twice. When they finally see him in his full Earl Mode they usually are not so vocal. Tonight was nothing extraordinary. I have seen him more embarrassing.

He is ill and sees only his own 'bad rolls' even when his opponent has just as many or more. It's almost like a paranoia thing and i believe he likes to punish himself also. Tomorrow he will tell you that all his actions were justified. Im not sure there is a med that would help him and still allow him to play well. I am not a doctor-i just play one in my head.;)

I still don't know if he's got medical issues, or just an asshole when things don't go his way.

I know I'm glad I didn't buy the stream tonight, which is unfortunate, because it would be nice to support the ones putting it on.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still don't know if he's got medical issues, or just an asshole when things don't go his way.

I know I'm glad I didn't buy the stream tonight, which is unfortunate, because it would be nice to support the ones putting it on.

I do believe he has a real medical problem. I've seen a similar condition up close. I'm not a professional in that area, but it's made me think some "jerks" are just suffering from a medical condition. And it's not as simple as "he's off his meds". Finding the right meds regime is not easy and is constant trial and error.

Regarding not paying for the stream, you missed out. it was very entertaining. Set 2 was one for the ages. Earl raked the balls something like 3-4 times, was down 4-8, charged back to get it Hill-Hill. Then there was a safety battle that went on for 15 full minutes, before Daz finally got the edge and ran out. Wow, exhausting, but exciting.

Ohh, and after all that, Earl walked in during Daz's shot and raked the remaining 9 and 10 ball. Daz was probably 95% to run out, but on that table, with all the pressure of that set, that 5% miss potential was real. At the beginning of the next set, Nick Varner was saying he was amazed Earl conceded those last two balls.

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If a promoter hypothetically took earl and a guy like karl boyes, for example. Shot a promo video of them training for a big match against each other, running their mouths about each other like mma or boxing. Had a ref and rules that allow them to talk whenever. Had fans come and yell like mosconi.

Would it just be embarrassing or a way to more viewership for pool?

I mean the guys a draw for fans one way or another.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
If a promoter hypothetically took earl and a guy like karl boyes, for example. Shot a promo video of them training for a big match against each other, running their mouths about each other like mma or boxing. Had a ref and rules that allow them to talk whenever. Had fans come and yell like mosconi.

Would it just be embarrassing or a way to more viewership for pool?

I mean the guys a draw for fans one way or another.

If Earl is the only way to get more people watching pool, then I and I'm sure a lot of other pool players don't want to grow pool that way. Johnnyt

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Earl had to put up his own $10k, do you think he'd still be giving all those games away?
Just a thought.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Any bets on what gaff idea Earl comes up with next, if he doesn't win? Only allowed to shoot in the bottom left corner pocket if it's not raining?

Naw, he'll want everyone to have to wear ass weights as standard equipment

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
It's time someone realizes Earl needs to be committed, put him in a rubber room with his 4 pocket table & playing regalia. Yeah, used to be a champion, now just mentally ill.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i left , earls behavior was making me uncomfortable

i understand why you left.
By the end of the night only about half the original crowd was still there.
I feel bad for chad.
He sponsors the event & then has to put up with earl's childish bull$hit while watcing dissapointed customers walk out the door
i've been there both nights so far & will be there again tonight, but i can understand why some will not.
I guess i am still holding out, hoping to see some great pool without quite so much drama or even no drama.

Slim

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i understand why you left.
By the end of the night only about half the original crowd was still there.
I feel bad for chad.
He sponsors the event & then has to put up with earl's childish bull$hit while watcing dissapointed customers walk out the door
i've been there both nights so far & will be there again tonight, but i can understand why some will not.
I guess i am still holding out, hoping to see some great pool without quite so much drama or even no drama.

Slim
I think the guy was a little too sensitive myself.

Last edited:

JLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there Friday Night and I too feel bad for Chad. Chad try's to promote the sport and even Earl for that fact. In the end it is almost always the same crap. Earl rarely disappoints with all his whining and unprofessional conduct.
I would think Chad kind of expects this however, it almost always ends up the same every time with Earl. Daz is a class act and carries himself in a very professional manner. I think most of the Professional players know already what to expect from Earl. Maybe that's why everyone goes to watch Earl play just to watch him implode. Earl believes everyone is the world is against him. He said it again dozens of times Friday night. People just don't respect me he says... They are all against me ....hmm I wonder why....

Thanks Chad for promoting and staging the event. I could only handle 1 night of Earl's behavior however....;)

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Earl had to put up his own $10k, do you think he'd still be giving all those games away?
Just a thought.

In reality, Daz was going to get out most of those games but one set where he raked 3-4 games-it was a 9-8 set and the raking probably made the difference in the set.

PS- Earl and Daz's side each posted $5k

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the guy was a little too sensitive myself.

have you ever been at a match when earl is acting this way?
when a grown man is standing there making a total ass of himself it can be very uncomfortable.
you try to ignore it, you try to sympathize, then he says something directly to you that pi$$es you off & you want to knock him out.
unless you are really there you have no idea, it is a lot different than watching it on a stream.
being sensitive has nothing to do with it.

slim

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
have you ever been at a match when earl is acting this way?
when a grown man is standing there making a total ass of himself it can be very uncomfortable.
you try to ignore it, you try to sympathize, then he says something directly to you that pi$$es you off & you want to knock him out.
unless you are really there you have no idea, it is a lot different than watching it on a stream.
being sensitive has nothing to do with it.

slim

Being sensitive has everything to do with his being so uncomfortable that he has to leave. If you think Earl's behavior would cause me to feel like you described then you are incorrect sir. I would have fun with it.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being sensitive has everything to do with his being so uncomfortable that he has to leave. If you think Earl's behavior would cause me to feel like you described then you are incorrect sir. I would have fun with it.

okay. you the man.