Folding or telescoping cue?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So has anyone ever seen or do they make a pool cue that can fold up like some blind people canes do? Or one that telescopes like a police baton? Just curious if such a thing exists. In my perfect world all the gear for whatever sport I did would be able to fit in a pocket. Not sure how I could do that with a bowling ball. lol.

Thanks

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
If they do, I want one. Talk about a Sneaky Pete! What would you call that any way?

So has anyone ever seen or do they make a pool cue that can fold up like some blind people canes do? Or one that telescopes like a police baton? Just curious if such a thing exists. In my perfect world all the gear for whatever sport I did would be able to fit in a pocket. Not sure how I could do that with a bowling ball. lol.

Thanks

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thanks
I've seen a five-piece cue that fit in a very short case. Four joints. It was lousy.

The cue stick needs to be solid to hit the ball well. Joints generally are a problem for solidity.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member

Thanks

First of all...how old are you?

I've never seen a folding or telescoping cue, but there are cane cues where the butt is hollow and the shaft screws into the cavity. They play like sh*t with the worst hit and sound you could imagine. Someone can post a link to one online, I'm sure. FYI, its a better cane or club than a cue.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thanks

Let me guess. Quarantine is getting to you?

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ebay, try the .co.uk domain. I've seen 1 model twice in 23 years, both were euro sellers and while the stick was like 40usd, the shipping was 60usd'ish... just insane. It was fiberglass, it looked horrible. A pure guess would lead me to believe it was early 90's. Also, 1 of the 2 times I saw it, it was listed as a bike stand (but it wasn't and it wasn't like that popular cane model you always see).

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all...how old are you?

I've never seen a folding or telescoping cue, but there are cane cues where the butt is hollow and the shaft screws into the cavity. They play like sh*t with the worst hit and sound you could imagine. Someone can post a link to one online, I'm sure. FYI, its a better cane or club than a cue.

31. Not sure why that is relevant. I am assuming you are seeing some kind of sexual innuendo in what I said. If not feel free to explain why your asking my age and such.

Let me guess. Quarantine is getting to you?

See above

Also no sexual innuendos or anything were ment by my post.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Telescopic Cues.

I used to make telescopic cues in the 1980s and 1990s.

Here are a few pictures. The wooden examples were actually made by a gentleman called Roger Bucknall who is now a world famous luthier. His guitars are used by music royalty... Sting, Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan etc.

Attachments

• 3AD25C3D-BB14-40D6-8FFA-AF9216F87F39.jpg
    3AD25C3D-BB14-40D6-8FFA-AF9216F87F39.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 03DF2853-FE31-4FDC-BC9A-771E1DA02096.jpg
    03DF2853-FE31-4FDC-BC9A-771E1DA02096.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 9364D035-EFC5-4673-AA4D-69A65DDE3B87.jpg
    9364D035-EFC5-4673-AA4D-69A65DDE3B87.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 206
  • 138CC66A-80B7-4958-9701-3404A19A3888.jpg
    138CC66A-80B7-4958-9701-3404A19A3888.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 204

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a bunch of fishing poles that are telescopic, don't see how it would work with a pool cue. Be pretty cool though

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Carved Hand.

To give a further example of Mr Bucknall's supreme craftmanship, take a look at the sublime work of art he created for the cover of a cue company's brochure.

To carve such a beautiful and anatomically correct human hand is an admirable skill in itself, but when one learns that the cue is part of the same piece of wood I hope you'll understand we are dealing with a true master of his craft. The cue was not simply placed into the palm afterwards; note how its splices carry on through the knuckles. Imagine starting with a single block of timber and having the insight, not only to envisage what might be possible, but to then execute those thoughts with such clarity and perfection.

Attachments

• 6F420039-CEF5-45D1-8FA1-775CF64E764B.jpg
    6F420039-CEF5-45D1-8FA1-775CF64E764B.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 230

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
31. Not sure why that is relevant. I am assuming you are seeing some kind of sexual innuendo in what I said. If not feel free to explain why your asking my age and such.

Those types of cues were probably made in the 60's or 70's. I haven't seen one for a long time. They were more of a gimmic cue. That's why I asked your age.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Not sure how sneaky it would be if it takes 4 minutes to screw together.

It would also make unscrewing in a huff after a loss a lot less dramatic.

Attachments

• Capture 668.JPG
    Capture 668.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 204

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how could such a thing ever slide through the bridge hand, given the many diameter changes necessary?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Count me out, too.

Gimme the biggest case they make, so the world will know a playa has arrived!

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh hell, I could just see some of the Bubba's here in Alabama with a baton style telescoping cue, walking in and slingin'. LOL