CTE Does NOT Work - It Did For One Pro

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Frankly, my business dealings shouldn’t concern you. There’ll be a point that I will address respectfulness and sincerity only. I don’t have the time for foolishness.

Stan Shuffett

I said OK to your comment about the publisher. I did not challenge that other than to suggest maybe they could give you an update. Whatever.

Can you ask Spider or cookie to answer my rudimentary question? I'm pretty sure there is not a person reading this thread who could put your reply in their own words and think it actually answered the question I posed.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Sports psychology research does show that athletes perform perform best when they are not trying so hard, consciously, to perform their best.

You need to read the The Inner Game of Tennis, its a good read.
Its about tennis but it can relate to other sports as well.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I said OK to your comment about the publisher. I did not challenge that other than to suggest maybe they could give you an update. Whatever.

Can you ask Spider or cookie to answer my rudimentary question? I'm pretty sure there is not a person reading this thread who could put your reply in their own words and think it actually answered the question I posed.

Your concern was addressed in full detail.

Stan Shuffett

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good talk.

THREE AIM LINES MAKE ALL SHOTS.

Stan Shuffett

"Hare Rāma Hare Rāma

Rāma Rāma Hare Hare

Hare Kṛṣṇa Hare Kṛṣṇa

Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa Hare Hare"
Kali-Saṇṭāraṇa Upaniṣad

Lou Figueroa
saw "Hair" on Broadway

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, cookie, Spider, Scarlett, Low Blow 500, Gerry anybody else? Please explain the answer to me. Stan seems to be having trouble getting through and I guess it makes me look silly. Lou, Brian, mk, 8pack, etc etc can you translate?

What I find most amusing out of all this is that all the participants here have probably been more focused on Stan's system for years -- way more than any average pool player.

Yet... we are all, according to Stan, clueless. JB, in spite of endorsing Stan's system for years and years was thrown under the bus after our match in spite of the many years he spent at Stan's feet, to include 15 hours of personal lessons. IF JB had won our match Stan would be listing JB's CTE victory over a "feel" player right next to his absurd Mosconi Cup claims, lol.

What chance does the average Joe have to master a system so crazy, so convoluted, so complex, and so obtuse?!

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
No doubt, but that does not mean that some of the underpinnings of our subconscious mind can’t be explained for what occurring that we’re not aware of.

Good shooting!

Stan Shuffett

I think we All have a routine in how we get it done...you can explain that..but anytime in the process of letting it happen we somewhat choke are subconscious behavior in the the act.[ if your thinking about doing this and that] You gotta let go.

From your videos you seem like a great player, It makes me wonder before learing cte did you find it easier the way you did it before? Not talking about how successful your shot making is..more about the flow of the game...less thinking..not so much worring about the aiming part of the game.

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
What I find most amusing out of all this is that all the participants here have probably been more focused on Stan's system for years -- way more than any average pool player.

Yet... we are all, according to Stan, clueless. JB, in spite of endorsing Stan's system for years and years was throw under the bus after our match in spite of the many years he spent at Stan's feet, to include 15 hours of personal lessons. IF JB had won our match Stan would be listing JB's CTE victory over a "feel" player right next to his absurd Mosconi Cup claims, lol.

What chance does the average Joe have to master a system so crazy, so convoluted, so complex, and so obtuse?!

Lou Figueroa

You're evil!
Where's Max Von Sydow ? We need him against you .

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think we All have a routine in how we get it done...you can explain that..but anytime in the process of letting it happen we somewhat choke are subconscious behavior in the the act.[ if your thinking about doing this and that] You gotta let go.

From your videos you seem like a great player, It makes me wonder before learing cte did you find it easier the way you did it before? Not talking about how successful your shot making is..more about the flow of the game...less thinking..not so much worring about the aiming part of the game.

It’s much easier to play now compared to my conventional years. I played well years ago, but I was always changing things around and seemed like I was always in a struggle. I’m going to begin competing avian in some way once my book is released.

Stan Shuffett

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
It’s much easier to play now compared to my conventional years. I played well years ago, but I was always changing things around and seemed like I was always in a struggle. I’m going to begin competing avian in some way once my book is released.

Stan Shuffett

You play well so you should have a lot of fun.
Good luck to you.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
You need to read the The Inner Game of Tennis, its a good read.
Its about tennis but it can relate to other sports as well.

Already have. It's right up there with Zen and the Art of Archery. Same guy that wrote Inner Game of Tennis also wrote The Inner Game of Golf. Timothy something, I think.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Frankly, my business dealings shouldn’t concern you. There’ll be a point that I will address respectfulness and sincerity only. I don’t have the time for foolishness.

Stan Shuffett

The way I see it you won't be posting at all very soon because they can't stop foolishness nor act with respectfulness and sincerity.

I might also add attacking with the same misunderstood crap over 10 years (with you), harassment, belittling, childishness, and idiocy.

The Fab5...all for one and one for all.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way I see it you won't be posting at all very soon because they can't stop foolishness nor act with respectfulness and sincerity.

I might also add attacking the same misunderstood crap over 10 years (with you), harassment, belittling, childishness, and idiocy.

The Fab5...all for one and one for all.

That’s very true.

I was extremely patient with Dan during our THROW discussion yesterday. I went above and beyond what was necessary to address his concern. It’s there for anyone read. I’m here to assist where possible. I’m certainly don’t enjoy having tire tracks on my back.

Not that long ago under the CONNIE SHUFFETT account I was very patient in teaching Dan how to identify center pocket. He asked me to put an OB on the spot and then place a cue ball nearby for shooting the OB directly into a close corner pocket. Next he asked me to place an OB along the long rail and shoot it into the same corner pocket. DAN WAS MAKING THE POINT TO ME THAT THE FIRST BALL ENTERED INTO THE CENTER OF THE POCKET AND THAT THE SECOND OB COULD NOT ENTER INTO CENTER POCKET BECAUSE THE OB WOULD HIT THE FACING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE POCKET. I taught Dan how to find center pocket by drawing a line through the center of the OB . Dan learned that center pocket actually changes due to the OB location. Dan was very nice and responded with “makes sense”, His questioning for the two shots was to show that CTE was not a center pocket SYSTEM because the second OB would have to hit the side facing of the corner pocket, not entering an obvious center like the first shot.

Just sayin’

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
That’s very true.

I was extremely patient with Dan when in our THROW discussion. I went above and beyond what was necessary to address his concern. It’s there for anyone read. I’m here to assist where possible. I’m certainly not going having tire tracks on my back.

Not that long ago under the CONNIE SHUFFETT I was very patient in teaching Dan how to identify center pocket. He asked me to put a ball on the spot and then place a cue for shooting the OB directly into a nearby corner. And then he asked to place a an OB along the long rail and shoot it into the same pocket. DAN WAS MAKING THE POINT TO ME THAT THE FIRST BALL ENTERED INTO THE CENTER OF THE POCKET AND THAT THE SECOND SHOT COULD NOT ENTER INTO CENTER POCKET BECAUSE THE OB WOULD HIT THE FACING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE POCKET. I taught Dan how find center by drawing a line through the center of OB. Dan learned that center pocket actually changed due to the OB location. Dan was very nice and responded with “makes sense”, His questioning for the two shots was to show that CTE was not a center pocket shot because the second would have to hit the side facing of the pocket.

Just sayin’

Stan Shuffett

So are you saying "there's hope"? There are a number of positive things come out of Brian. Got any positivity from Lou?

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a couple of positive things come out of Brian. Got any from Lou?

Brian and I are on the same page in a lot of ways. There may be some hope here. I’m willing to meet anyone half way.

Nothing positive from Lou. He’s a double decade anti CTE warrior. He’s like Dan and Pj in that he does not understand how CTE works, not even 10% of it. Of those three, there’s zero chance that any of them will actually learn CTE. They’ll take a cursory look at the TS and book and. that will be it. They’ll never put the work in at a table. Even if they were to totally get it, they’d never come clean about it.

CTE is odd and very different at first for anyone. That’s why I suggest to anyone to view my TS first before purchasing my book.

I hope to avoid the tire tracks on my back today. We’ll see. I’m trying to contribute here in a very positive way, but that may not be possible. I’m not going to be run over.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Brian and I are on the same page in a lot of ways. There may be some hope here. I’m willing to meet anyone half way.

Nothing positive from Lou. He’s a double decade anti CTE warrior. He’s like Dan and Pj in that he does not understand how CTE works not even 10% of it. Of those three, there’s zero chance that any of them will actually learn CTE. They’ll take a cursory look at the TS and book and. that will be it. They’ll never put the work in at a table. Even if they were to totally get it, they’d never come clean about it.

I agree with your assessment and everything you posted.

CTE is odd and very different at first for anyone. That’s why I suggest to anyone to view my TS first before purchasing my book.

I hope to avoid the tire tracks on my back today. We’ll see. I’m trying to contribute here in a very positive way but that may not be possible.

Yes you are and have been very patient as well as mannerly. Certainly not getting it back in return from a couple of them.

I’m not going to be run over.

Stan Shuffett

I was never on RSB and didn't know it even existed when I joined here. As the years went by and the crap started hitting the fan once they all flipped over to AZ and RSB went down the tubes from Fast Larry, I went on RSB and read a lot of threads and posts about CTE, Hal, the users, and the anti's.

From day one when the atomic bomb hit against it, PJ and Lou were the at the head of the group to eradicate CTE, Hal, and belittle users.

It's their life long mission and has never stopped even though both of them have no clue about how to use it and both have stated they never got on the table to attempt learning or using it.

What I can't understand is Dan White. He was a very peaceful, professional poster who never got involved in the name calling, bashing, and hatred that spewed out from the others. Maybe I missed something because I certainly didn't read every thread/post over an 8 to 10 year period. I could even use the word "gentlemanly" to describe his style.

Once here, I don't know what the hell happened with him. It's very weird to see such a change from positivity to complete negativity along with hatred and combativeness.

Where there was once a quest for knowledge to be applied to his game it then turned into what is below in the links. What possesses a man to be the way he was into the man that evolved? I certainly don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSxuXQCEC7M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFhybmvrY0

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nothing positive from Lou. He’s a double decade anti CTE warrior. He’s like Dan and Pj in that he does not understand how CTE works, not even 10% of it. Of those three, there’s zero chance that any of them will actually learn CTE. They’ll take a cursory look at the TS and book and. that will be it. They’ll never put the work in at a table. Even if they were to totally get it, they’d never come clean about it.

I hope to avoid the tire tracks on my back today. We’ll see. I’m trying to contribute here in a very positive way, but that may not be possible. I’m not going to be run over.

Stan Shuffett

I agree these guys will not put in the effort to learn CTE, and that's ok. BUT REST ASSURED DAN IS LOOKING TO GO THROUGH THE BOOK INCH BY INCH TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING TO WHINE AND CRY ABOUT. It will dictate his life from the moment it comes out till his dyeing days. His obsession will not let him rest. So sad.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you are having a Joe Biden moment. What you are saying is gibberish and everyone, even your supporters here, can surely see that. You are giving non answers and then are turning the conversation around and saying that I just don't understand your brilliant explanation.

Hal would be proud, I'm sure.

Mkindsv: Stan apparently isn't aware of this invention called the telephone. You can call them up and ask them for an estimated completion date. Even if they just say, "second half of the year or maybe first quarter next year" it's better than nothing.

If you have a bonafide publisher that is telling you they won't give you a date that is odd, but OK. At least it is a straight forward answer. How about calling them up and saying, "Hi guys. I gave you my book over a year ago. Any approximate time frame?"

As to your other "answer" it was lacking, to say the least. You've already hinted that you want someone else to explain it to me. Maybe you can get Spider or cookie to help with that.

Yes, this makes sense. You have a long history of blaming the student when they don't understand your pearls of wisdom. I guess in a classroom little kids can't challenge the teacher, but this is a discussion forum and you'd think after so many years you'd become accustomed to other adults not being so easily swayed. "Because I say so" doesn't fly here.

This is the guy that demands answers to his questions that have already been answered over and over.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

Reminds me... in nature, science, engineering you see what are referred to as "elegant" solutions to problems. The opposite, for example, would be a Rube Goldberg contraption that takes 20 steps to light a candle or crack an egg. It's just too complicated to be right.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I can't understand is Dan White. He was a very peaceful, professional poster who never got involved in the name calling, bashing, and hatred that spewed out from the others. Maybe I missed something because I certainly didn't read every thread/post over an 8 to 10 year period. I could even use the word "gentlemanly" to describe his style.

Once here, I don't know what the hell happened with him. It's very weird to see such a change from positivity to complete negativity along with hatred and combativeness.

Where there was once a quest for knowledge to be applied to his game it then turned into what is below in the links. What possesses a man to be the way he was into the man that evolved? I certainly don't know.

I don't react well to being lied to and then ridiculed for trying to inject some reality. It's still going on, even in this very thread.