What ever happened to (insert pool player name here)?

PoolChump

Banned
What ever happened to Michael Coltrain?

Ever wonder what happened to a particular pool player? Ask in the threads to fine out.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
What ever happened to Michael Coltrain?

Ever wonder what happened to a particular pool player? Ask in the threads to fine out.

Some kind of nerve disorder. It's a shame, he was a great player that never had an opportunity to reach his full potential. Really nice guy as well.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Jeff Carter.
I expected him to be a good aged player...he is smart and sane.
....seems like he left the public domain a way too soon.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some kind of nerve disorder. It's a shame, he was a great player that never had an opportunity to reach his full potential. Really nice guy as well.

I didn't realize it was nerve damage.
He accomplished quite a bit in his short career from what i have researched.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff Carter has a great players review tape on AccuStats. It's Jeff and Billy, commenting on Jeff beating Efren 11-3. The match was from 1990, Sands Regent tournament. Jeff is a very good commentator, obviously very smart, and has a lot of insights about the situations in the match.

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
What ever happened to Eddie Brown who was playing out of Phoenix, AZ in the late 80s early 90s?
A black player who often wore a hat. Real smooth-playing brother.

wonder if this is the same Downtown Eddie Brown from N.O........

joey A would probably know.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
wonder if this is the same Downtown Eddie Brown from N.O........

joey A would probably know.

There are TWO good Eddie Browns that play pool, both of them black.

Lowdown Brown or Downtown Eddie Brown (same guy) :D as some are want to call him, never lived in Phoenix, AZ but he traveled quite a bit.

JoeyA

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Joe Bill Priff. Outstanding One Pocket player, and quite the ladies man. They say he used to carry around a handful of engagement rings in his pocket, just in case. :smile:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
There are TWO good Eddie Browns that play pool, both of them black.

Lowdown Brown or Downtown Eddie Brown (same guy) :D as some are want to call him, never lived in Phoenix, AZ but he traveled quite a bit.

JoeyA

were you there when i came in drunk with a friend one night and tried to get him to play me $40 against his fried chicken at buffaloes?

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Missed that, thankfully. :wink:
JoeyA

it was great....just saying.....he wouldn't come off it...and i was starving like a son of you know what lol......drunks and greasy food go together like zombies and eating brains