Excellent and prompt customer service/response from Chad at Atlas

X Breaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,
I would like to thank Chad of Atlas Billiard here publicly for his excellent customer service and extremely fast and prompt respond.
I had a little confusion recently when I placed my order with Atlas. The order was shipped to my Canadian rather than my US address.
When I called and mentioned this to Chad, he fixed my info in his data base right away, to make sure it will not happen again. He then called UPS and called me back within 10 minutes to letting me know that he will take care of the charges so the package will be returned back to him, and he will ship me out another package right away.
Chad displayed very professional customer service on the phone, and I am very impressed with the way he handles this.
I just want to post a note here to thank Altas and Chad in public.
Thank you very much.
Regards,
Richard

X Breaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have received my shipment today, just want to post it here to thank Chad for his excellent service.

Richard

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I read a lot good about Atlas service

I read a lot good about Atlas service. However all I really remember is that they sent me seventy-five dollars worth of material I didn't order and billed my credit card, botched almost every other item in the order, and then started hem-hawing over paying return shipping if I sent the material back. I'm glad that others have had good luck with Atlas but who the hell pulled and shipped my order? It had to have been put together with deliberate malice or by someone totally clueless. It seems to me like it was Chad I talked to on the phone about a half-dozen wrong items shipped and got the old run around. He must have had an off day.

Sorry to rain on your parade, I'm still annoyed mainly because I am forced to deal with Atlas for a few items that I don't know of another supplier for.

Hu

X Breaker said:
I have received my shipment today, just want to post it here to thank Chad for his excellent service.

Richard

X Breaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Hu,
I am sorry to hear about that. I do not have a lot of experience with Atlas, but my limited experience has been very nice.
Chad just told me he needed to make a call, then called me back, and told me he would take care of all the shipping fees and send me a new order right away. Very professional and did not give me no runaround at all.
I am not related to them whatsoever.
Richard

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't have a lot of experience with them either

Richard,

I don't have a lot of experience with them either. About my third order with them was a comedy of errors so I try to use Cue Components, Prather, in truth anybody but Atlas.

The order was so botched that I was actually laughing about it as my neighbor watched me unpacking. Four feet of Ivorene four when I ordered a one foot sample was the real annoyance but then I got more of the junk stainless steel pins when I had ordered the piloted ones, standard G-10 when I had ordered black, the list of "not quite right" went on and on, I don't remember it all at the moment. Either the person pulling my order was clueless and unlucky in their grabs or PO'd at Atlas and wanted to make them look bad.

No big deal since nothing I ordered was holding up a job and I just called to see how they wanted to handle the return of the four foot joint of Ivorene. The person on the other end said I could just return it or I could cut one foot off and ship the rest back but to be very sure I returned a full three feet, not a hair less. I would have given them an extra quarter inch just on general principles but this nittiness over saw or tool kerf was a little annoying. Then I asked about return shipping. It seems to go without saying that you screw up, you cover shipping. This is the only way I have ever operated. The person said this depended on which route I took, cutting my piece off or shipping the whole four feet back. What difference does that make? Both routes were his suggestions. Then they say no more about which option they will pay for and which option that I would have to pay shipping for. What the hey? Now I am supposed to play a guessing game? Part of me is laughing at this idiocy but that part that was annoyed about the saw kerf being mine is growing a little larger too.

I threw the $92 stick of Ivorene in my stock bin and forgot about it until I needed some crap stock as it turns out that it is pretty lousy to work with. So abrasive that it dulls high speed steel in a hurry and it burns or burnishes easily, turning brown or black. I had to cut extra relief on my carbide tooling just for the Ivorene four, not worth the aggravation. All totaled the wrong stuff in the order was maybe a hundred dollar burn. Not much but enough that it irritates me to give them more chances to do it again with fifty dollar minimum orders if I remember correctly.

Hu

X Breaker said:
Hi Hu,
I am sorry to hear about that. I do not have a lot of experience with Atlas, but my limited experience has been very nice.
Chad just told me he needed to make a call, then called me back, and told me he would take care of all the shipping fees and send me a new order right away. Very professional and did not give me no runaround at all.
I am not related to them whatsoever.
Richard