Semi-Proud Owner of Another American Heritage

SlateMate

Banned
ok, i bought this table for $120.00. it's in good condition and the magnaboard is in good shape. the slate screws were all stripped which was not a surprise. don't know if i'm going to put better cloth on it or not. i'm definitely going to use machine screws and bolts instead of those wood screws for the slate. that's really the main problem with these tables because the frame is built sturdy and the slate is nice.

Attachments

• DSCF3533.JPG
    DSCF3533.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 269

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Note to anyone who may need to move a table:

NEVER move a table in this fashion. It takes less than a minute to pull the bolts on those corner castings. And about an extra 5 minutes to wrap the rails up neatly. That extra 6 minutes is well worth the assurance of knowing that you aren't going to split the rail wood, break a casting, or scratch a rail top or fascia board.

SlateMate

Banned
Thanks for the tip. I thought about that but was in a hurry an had help. Next time I'll take the rails completely apart.

I looked it up and it's a AH Camden model. I can't lose for $120.00. I'll order some good cloth for it and shim the pockets AND make sure that I don't use the wood screws into the 'magna-board'.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thanks for the tip. I thought about that but was in a hurry an had help. Next time I'll take the rails completely apart.

I looked it up and it's a AH Camden model. I can't lose for $120.00. I'll order some good cloth for it and shim the pockets AND make sure that I don't use the wood screws into the 'magna-board'.

I am not so sure he was giving you a "tip" at all. He was making sure anyone who saw the picture knows not to move a table that way. '

Shimming the pockets makes them play terrible.

Those tables are junk, but, for being cheap, that is a great $120.00 table. Please keep this one FOREVER.

Trent from Toledo

SlateMate

Banned
Shimming the pockets makes them play terrible.
not if you use 60 durometer neoprene and don't overdo it. i've done it now on two tables and they played great. the ball did not go dead when hitting the point.

Those tables are junk,
well, the only junky part is the weird magnaboard. the frame is built very well and has good slate support. the slate is machined very well too so those are the biggies. and it's an all wood table. the only serious problem with it is screwing the slates into the magnaboard but i'll solve that with machine screws and bolts. here's a pic of the sturdy frame. so it's not "junk" . and my last one played very well.

Attachments

• DSCF3534.JPG
    DSCF3534.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 247

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
not if you use 60 durometer neoprene and don't overdo it. i've done it now on two tables and they played great. the ball did not go dead when hitting the point.

well, the only junky part is the weird magnaboard. the frame is built very well and has good slate support. the slate is machined very well too so those are the biggies. and it's an all wood table. the only serious problem with it is screwing the slates into the magnaboard but i'll solve that with machine screws and bolts. here's a pic of the sturdy frame. so it's not "junk" . and my last one played very well.

HAHAHAHAHA. So in your professional opinion using the right pocket facing material out weighs the proper sub rail extension? WRONG...

AH uses the cheapest k66 rubber on the planet. Those tables play like crap. CHEAP MADE CHINESE JUNK. Nothing against the Chinese of course. They can build a quality product if paid to. This is not the case with "American Heritage" <<< nothing American about the product other than they are sold here in America.

The more you post, the more you show you really know nothing about pool tables or pool in general.

Trent from Toledo.

SlateMate

Banned
look..... this is the reason few people post in this section. you are dying to find fault and have carried-over a grudge. it's very simple. don't respond to my posts

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
look..... this is the reason few people post in this section. you are dying to find fault and have carried-over a grudge. it's very simple. don't respond to my posts

You are wrong. People come here to ask Mechanics questions. You have it all wrong. This post has NO question. It is: I am bored, look how cheap I got something.

Or is this a good table for cheap?
Or posting your opinions about what is wrong/ right or good/ bad.

Again, you are not a mechanic or installer. Let's see if you can use a little reading and comprehension here:

"Talk To A Mechanic
This area is for questions for and conversation between table mechanics"

You occasionally ask a question and usually answer it for yourself. You post on other peoples topics with your opinions that are based on zero experience except your failures.

You are the one that has it wrong, This section of the forum is not for you to post bullcrap. People come here to have their legit questions or concerns answered. It is not an open forum for you to post in.

Trent from Toledo

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
It is a place for people who work on pool tables for a living to share their experiences and ideas with others who also work in the business. :)

You have your cheap junk table, now you should never have anything else to post.

Trent from Toledo.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
If you think GC3's are "a bit of POS", what do you call a table with that kind of frame?
Particle boards and Chinese lumber and all.
???

bradsh98

Silver Member
I don't mind his posts.. It's awfully quiet around here without posters like him. And, even so, some good information is shared through his threads.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I don't mind his posts.. It's awfully quiet around here without posters like him. And, even so, some good information is shared through his threads.

You are the first to say that! You are also one of the few that respond to his posts. Good info from the people respond and not so good info from him.
We all have our opinions :)

Trent from Toledo

P.s. You always post good info, lets see more from you!

bradsh98

Silver Member
In regards to the table:
Yes, it has bracing.. But, that doesn't necessarily make it rigid. Every one that I have worked on has had about 3/16"-1/4" of sag in the center of that Magnaboard.

With new cushions, set up properly (with all hardware tight), it will play O.K. (for a cheap home table). But, it will never play good. For the price, it will play 'Good enough'. I doubt that you'll lose money on it.

SlateMate

Banned
Every one that I have worked on has had about 3/16"-1/4" of sag in the center of that Magnaboard.

all tables of this design are going to sag in the middle. all that weight in the center isn't supported by legs and has to be transferred to the corner legs via the center of the frame. physics says that it must sag... so the question is: does an AH sag more or less than similar tables?

I had a brunswick Ventura II that did the same thing so i put a support in the middle as i did on my last AH. the table did NOT roll-off.

Attachments

• brunswick-ventura-II.jpg
    brunswick-ventura-II.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 212

SlateMate

Banned
What a POS

How much does the dump charge to get rid of something like that?

JC

when was the last time you bought a slate pool table with a set of Aramith balls for $120.00? my last AH table i bought i got for $75.00. i put worsted cloth on it and 60 durometer pocket facings and it played GREAT. i made $600.00 on that table. i have a total of $195.00 invested IN BOTH TABLES. i simply buy and sell things and i recently found two AH tables CHEAP so i bought them. get it?

there are a lot of people reading this forum but not posting and many might have AH tables. there should be more professionalism here and then maybe this forum wouldn't be so dead.

also, some here are intentionally missing THE POINT and so i must spell it out: An AH table would not be my first choice BUT neither is it a complete pos. the sagging frame is common on all tables of this design. my Brunswick Ventura II sagged as well.. that's why i add a center support. the last support i made from a car jack and i posted a pic of it . it worked great. problem solved...

i will get this table playing excellent then put it up for sale. eventually i'll find a diamond or brunswick that i will keep but i'll still buy other tables to fix and flip for a profit.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
when was the last time you bought a slate pool table with a set of Aramith balls for $120.00? my last AH table i bought i got for $75.00. i put worsted cloth on it and 60 durometer pocket facings and it played GREAT. i made $600.00 on that table. i have a total of $195.00 invested IN BOTH TABLES. i simply buy and sell things and i recently found two AH tables CHEAP so i bought them. get it?

there are a lot of people reading this forum but not posting and many might have AH tables. there should be more professionalism here and then maybe this forum wouldn't be so dead.

also, some here are intentionally missing THE POINT and so i must spell it out: An AH table would not be my first choice BUT neither is it a complete pos. the sagging frame is common on all tables of this design. my Brunswick Ventura II sagged as well.. that's why i add a center support. the last support i made from a car jack and i posted a pic of it . it worked great. problem solved...

i will get this table playing excellent then put it up for sale. eventually i'll find a diamond or brunswick that i will keep but i'll still buy other tables to fix and flip for a profit.

So the truth comes out, you are merely here USING the forum to flip junk pool tables. I kind of thought that was what was happening here. Even more reason you are wasting peoples time.

You keep using words like "Great" and "Excellent" and obviously have no idea what that means in context to pool tables.

We now "get it" all: you are not in the business, have no idea what you are doing, think this is a resource for you to use to flip JUNK tables, like wasting our time and still think this is for you to post your useless posts. The only good that comes of this is that people know what you are posting is wrong and WHAT NOT TO BUY OR DO... At least something positive comes from all of this.

Trent from Toledo

JC

Coos Cues

Sorry if the truth hurts but the salvation army as is store would probably get a restraining order and press charges if you tried donating it.

JC

SlateMate

Banned
With new cushions, set up properly (with all hardware tight), it will play O.K.
i just removed some of the cloth to peek at the cushions and it looks like the they were changed and they did an excellent job so i'm going to leave those and just replace the cloth. . they are "Sure-Shot" cushions that Golden West uses. i don't know anything about them.

actually, i think that these are the original cushions because only one staple job. anyone know anything about Golden West "Sure-Shot" rubber?

https://billiardmfg.com/construction.php?Cushions-9

Attachments

• DSCF3536.JPG
    DSCF3536.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCF3535.JPG
    DSCF3535.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 202
Last edited: