Low Deflection Shafts For an Intermidiate Player

Diege

Registered
Thoughts on a low deflection shaft for an intermediate player? Do they tend to be more or less forgiving?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thoughts on a low deflection shaft for an intermediate player? Do they tend to be more or less forgiving?

In general, less, a LD shaft will expose flaws in a player's stoke.

Aside from the change in aiming one has to do, I have found that lower level players that tried an LD shaft missed more straight shots with no spin, which means that they were shooting off center or were swiping with the cue instead of shooting straight. They learned to aim with the flaw with a standard shaft with how it deflected the line of aim, but the LD shaft would go straighter, causing the miss.

anbukev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In general, less, a LD shaft will expose flaws in a player's stoke.

Aside from the change in aiming one has to do, I have found that lower level players that tried an LD shaft missed more straight shots with no spin, which means that they were shooting off center or were swiping with the cue instead of shooting straight. They learned to aim with the flaw with a standard shaft with how it deflected the line of aim, but the LD shaft would go straighter, causing the miss.
I agree. The lower the shaft's deflection; the longer the natural pivot point will be. Isn't it best to search for a shaft that matches your bridge length? Since my bridge length is long I settled with Z2 and OB+Pro.